Breakup

Currently I am going through a break up with my now ex fiance. It hurts a lot, this is the first woman I’ve ever truly loved and now I don’t know what to do. Any advice?

Try to move on, let the time heal you, work on yourself and concentrate on something else, like a hobby for example.Chess maybe? Picking up a new language? Playing violin? Even gaming would keep you busy, its better then sitting and thinking about it.

6 Likes

The absolute second I opened this the wind starting howling really harshly. Something’s trying to tell me something.

2 Likes

Sometimes, to get over somebody, you gotta get under someone else.

And black metal. Black metal made my divorce a breeze.

3 Likes

Oh I like how that sounds a lot.

I’ve had two broken engagements (both of which I ended, and for good reason, even though I loved those assholes).

I cried a lot, I drank occasionally (don’t overdo this), I went to the Rocky Horror Picture Show every fucking week (find a screening with a live cast acting out the movie in front of the screen, if you can), I listened to a lot of music, and I did a spell to get over the one really bad one (wasn’t necessary with the second guy).

Read part 2. That’s the “how I got over him” part.

If you choose to give away items from your relationship, maybe offer them to the entity of your choice first, and trust that they’ll send it where it will do some good. (In my case, I tossed a piece of jewelry into the ocean, offering it to Venus.)

You WILL get through this! :black_heart:

3 Likes

Thank you very much. I’ll give all of this a try. It’s hard you know? You go so long loving someone and then everything stops so abruptly.

2 Likes

Take the time to mourn the loss of the relationship to get it out of your system, then go out and do some things to enjoy yourself. Spend some time with some mates, give yourself permission to have some fun, definitely second the metal suggestion. My ex fucked me up before my wife came into the picture, so I feel for you man. Take care of yourself.

1 Like

Thanks homie, I appreciate the love. Just taking it day by day for now, not even touching the bottle either. Just gonna try and distract then better myself.

1 Like

No worries. Drinking when depressed is no fun anyways (learned that one quickly). Do what feel is necessary.

1 Like

Well breakup sucks so dont beat yourself up If you feel bad thats perfectly normal.
Best thing to do is to try keep yourself occupied and do fun things and not dwell on the bad.
After my breakup with fiance i did go to a ton of rockcincerts and festivals, went skydiving got a mc license and a kickads bike, so do whatever you feel like most important is to be able to have fun without being dependant on anyone else.

1 Like

Been thinking of getting a Harley. Might make that happen for myself

1 Like

If you can then go for it. Its a great freedom to ride down the road whwreever the wind guides you.

1 Like

Wherever I may roam and all

1 Like

Hey I go through a break up as well, but I would like to suggest another direction to you. Don’t distract yourself but face your emotions, feel the pain throughout and then let go. After this process, every time a negative thought arises like: “Why am I not enough for her” consciously reject it and then replace It with a positive one. Also realize that the moment you allowed yourself to feel love you’ve signed up for pain as well (law of polarity). Also keep in mind that you don’t anybody or anything, don’t think you’ve lost her realize that you gave her back. The only truth in life is that everything is ever changing and with every end there comes an opportunity. Have a good day

2 Likes

@Alazif I like your solution hehe \m/

No, but seriously, OP, try your best to distract yourself from it. Whether it be any hobbies or anything, just try and not linger on. Time can heal, believe me. It did me.

3 Likes

Not every situation is the same, sometimes it’s best to communicate. But it seems like for you, drop er. At least from how you’re reacting.

1 Like