Basically Just a Basic Witch

Greetings.
I am new to the forum but am not new to Magick. I don’t know if I am allowed to reveal my given name but anyone may call me Solitaire. I am many things. A mother, wife, writer, avid gardener, herbalist, aromatherapist, candle maker, but mostly just a witch. I have been asked what particular kind and I never know how to answer. I don’t subscribe to the idea that there are different “types” of witches. I have been called a blood witch, a candle witch, a hedge witch, green witch, kitchen witch, among many others. To date my favorite misnomer would be “left handed”. As if the hands don’t work together. :smirk:
My chief deity is Lucifer. After practicing Magick for over 14 years, I was asked to do a dedication rite to him, by him. And I did.
I make my own candles, ritual rugs, ritual bathe soaps and cleansing sprays or sprinklers. I incorporate Magick into everything I do. It’s everything for me.
I am excited to be a new member of, what I hope is, a like minded group of individuals walking a similar path.

I hope to learn from and plan to contribute to the forum.

19 Likes

Witches and warlocks rock

Welcome!

2 Likes

Yes!
and Thank you!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Welcome

1 Like

And hail Lucifer!

1 Like

Welcome. There is no such thing as a “basic witch”. You’re just a witch.

1 Like

I loved reading your introduction Solitaire. Basic doesn’t even begin to describe what you are and so humble. Who you are comes across very eloquently and I look forward to conversing with you on a wide array of subjects.

Welcome

1 Like

Welcome

2 Likes

Welcome
:grin::grin:

2 Likes

06-09-19 @ 10:15 PM
Welcome to the forum :slight_smile:

Welcome @DssMaster. I see you joined us in January but this is your first post. Please post your own introduction in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience in magick you may have. It is a rule of this forum and required.

2 Likes

Like you, I’ve been “in it” for quite a while, nigh to 30 years now, and have been just a Solitary Practitioner, and have had problems with all the gradations and permutations of “witch”, Frankly, given that as my guide, I wouldn’t know which witch to turn to when referring to myself and my significant other, who works her magick in the hearth and kitchen(never mess with a witch whose “main office” is the kitchen; meals can be quite fascinating when you do.

Crafting wise, other than simple little spells in my woods(I live on 60 acres of mixed wooodland/pastureland, tending heavy toward woods), I also craft things of what I find around me, a lot of special boxes(i’ve been learning how to carve out an entire box of a short length of log. Cedar is the best, but being a minor masochist, I’m quite partial to dogwood(very hard and has a really screwy grain, almost like plastic) and osage orange(the hardest native wood in North America, and trying to carve on that fully cements me in the “masochist category”, as I do all my carving by hand).

While my deities have been Brighid and Lugh, Lilith has been making herself be known to me, which is making for some interesting meditations(not sex, so much as her other aspects), and coupled with my “room mates”(I’ve been "blessed by Fae since 99, and they are not letting up.

And like you, I’m hoping to learn from others here, and to contribute whatever I can.

Also, need a cane? I also craft smoking bowls for combustive consumption of green leafy contraband substances. Let me know. No price, just a gift.

Max