Athena

@Zapdubious

You mentioned that your “Zen-luck” dried up while you were working with Athena, is that a consequence of working with Athena?

I’m not sure, but I doubt that my difficulties are a result of Athena’s influence.
I formerly considered myself a witch, and kept my spirituality strictly to myself. Opening up about magic is going against Ire, a power that has served me in the past.

After the 2016 election I studied rhetoric and wrote my own little online debate manual. I started talking about Aristotle, Philos, and philosophy. My friends and family reacted very badly. It was odd, but my willingness to take up a fight in the name of philosophy seems to have brought new allies into my sphere of influence.

I think that this is a period of consecration. I’ll be okay in the long run, but some wisdom has to be earned the hard way.

My advice to other magi: Be careful what you say to muggles. If someone doesn’t have ears to hear, they might go all Spanish Inquisition on your ass :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Oh, that makes sense if you drew the ire of Ire( Haha) for speaking out about your magick.
Do you think you can do something about that, or are you just going to ride the wave of the backlash?

However, it is a very noble thing to fight for philosophy, so kudos to you for that.

1 Like

My main priority at this time is opening up communication with my wife. She is a hidden sorcerer in her own right. In fact, she is the one who led me to E.A. Koetting and BALG.
She is a very dark Pisces, and I think she just couldn’t handle my aggressive Aries style lightwork.

I am catching synchronicity while I write this. I just got a fairly direct poetic suggestion about salvation and love. It seems that simply talking it out is a step in the right direction, so thanks :+1:

1 Like

@Khayyin I love working with the Hellenistic deities, and being a native of Athens, Greece, I love the subjective synthesis and immersion associated with it. When trying to build momentum to work with the Greek pantheon, I will try to go back to speaking Greek, eating Greek, and decorating the house in my Greek pictures, vases, etc etc. Particularly, I play Greek music and make food and drink offerings in the name of the Hellenistic deities which I leave in the woods behind my house. Subjective synthesis for Greek deities is FuN!

Setting the mood is key in magic (as we all know), but it is really easy to set the mood in Greek culture in my opinion. All of this or any of this builds a great framework for the magical work which follows.

3 Likes

Actually the Goddess name in Greek is ΑΘΗΝΑ. It ends with an A.
Her birthday was the greatest celebration in ancient Greece called Αθήναια. The exact day of celebration is the 28th day after the new moon that follows 21st of June. I hope that it does make sense.
Offerings can include wine, olive oil, branch of olive tree, olives, fruits.
You can burn frankincense and myrrh.
As Hymns you can use the Orphic hymn to Athena or the Homeric hymn to Athena (Google them)
PS. Sorry for my English is not my native language.

Honestly, one of the best ways I’ve felt connected to Athena is when I was reading James Lovegrove’s book “Age of Zeus.” He did her SO dirty in that book; the book treated her as JUST a strategist without any martial experience when she was basically THE goddess other gods went to for advice. Ares also didn’t fuck with her. I was so salty about it.

Like, I made a point to look it up!