Angelic Pacts/Petitions

If I can find the Rose of 22 Petals for the sigil generator, and a correct Hebrew name for the angle, I can generate the sigil.
The question is on pacting/petition with angels as opposed to demons.
Can you have layered petitions to bring about a general project of sorts?
Same cautions and rules as you see with Demons as opposed to Angels?
Also, where can you find info like Jehannum or Connelly or BALG members have come up with? Element, Direction, other correspondences, planet atc.
Also, what can I expect by not using candles but water cups instead in primary colors, or perhaps one of two off colors still useful as if they were candles, in terms of a successful petition and pact?

1 Like

Have you tried the angels of magick and archangels of magick books by The gallery of magick? Let me look through my archives in my pc….i think I might have a grimoire of angels, downside it is in Spanish, but the tittle of the book should be able to make it searchable in English.

2 Likes

You don’t have to use candles in evocation, it happens to be popular for varous reasons. Cups of water are fine, and there’s a couple sources I’ve read where spirits, especially angels, are fine with plain and simple things like water, and sometimes nothing at all, which is sometimes my experience as well. Their sigil by itself is fine. Water, candles, etc are mostly for you, the magician, to channel energy, but some entities have color and other associations you use candles or other things for.

You can layer petitions, I find there’s greater control involved with layered petitions than one generic petition.

Planetary Magick by Demming & Philips
Grimoire of Armadel
Complete Magician’s Tables
Demons and Demonolatry Dot Com (use their search bar for a specific entity, they cite multiple grimoires for demonic correspondences such as dates, hours, elements, etc).

If you are asking “how do these authors come up with this stuff?” then it’s a combination of intuition and spirit work, such as asking nicely. Conolly cites that she references the Dukante grimoire, which is kept private in the family and has never been published. The information I have personally is a combination of reading various sources and deciding what works best for me and my practice, as well as what is in my culture. There’s a lot of wild stuff out there that I just flat out don’t believe but mind my own business, including some things even well known authors write (fame and renown don’t mean accurate or good).

I wrote this post for people still learning how to intuit and research on their own, hopefully it can be helpful to you in some way:

3 Likes

@MottledZeitgeist You’ve got some pretty cool links, I’m trying to get more into planetary and you’ve saved me some time trying to find some reading material.

@Nightside , pacting and petitioning should work just as well with angles as demons if that was the question. Layered sounds great! They can be more detailed that way, as long as they don’t conflict should work well. You can even cast them at different times that align with the work you’re doing. On “caution and rules,” angles and demons alike are known to be able to cause disruption and chaos just as they both can bring wonderful things.

I’m not sure I have a good response to your question on sources at the moment.

I think you mean having the water cups be colored? I think it’ll work out just fine. Candles aren’t needed for magick, they’re just nice to have. They set a vibe and give off some much needed light for those of us who usually practice in dark spaces. I think water is a good choice though I’m not sure what you’re expecting from it. Color mindfulness, like minding dates/time/direction/etc. should also be a fun and useful incorporation.

2 Likes

Hey, I’m interested too :blush: sounds really interesting (and spanish is my mother tongue).

2 Likes

Here is one of the grimoires I was looking for. The title is in spanish but if you look at the bottom of the page you will see the english name. It is pretty much semitic spirits angels jinns etc. Hope you are able to find it online in English!

2 Likes

The Biblical God (he has a couple names, and a few hidden ones) already made a pact with reality through Israel its the old covenant and new covenant. You can pray to this God directly through thought or you can use sigils and words of power to help. I do both. A lot of people on this forum are on the opposite spectrum as you so keep that in mind. My middle name is Elijah which means “my god is Yahweh”. I suggest you look up what YHWH and Yeshua (the name of Jesus) means in Hebrew, but plainly it Yeshua means salvation through God. And God’s name stems from the Hebrew word for being, so it’s closely related to creation, creating, and the word creator, as well as the word being.

There are some school of thought that regard being as the ultimate form of knowledge and the fundamental form of truth. To act or to be.

2 Timothy 3:16

16 All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness,

The God of the Bible is the Bible itself, it is also the holy trinity.

John 3:16

For God So Loved the World

16 For God so Loved the World that he gave his only Son, that whoever believes in him should not perish but have eternal life.

That is the entire Bible and pact summed up in a verse, there is a lot more to it and it’s complex but if you are serious about eternal life (through the context of the Bible, and the God of the Bible) basically what you must do is genuinely seek salvation and accept Jesus/Yeshua as your lord and savior. Once you do this you should then study the New Testament (as its all about Jesus and his teachings) and the old testament. Jesus is the logos (or truth) and he is basically the meta-hero of the entire heroic Biblical story.

Revelation 19:13, 16

He is clothed in a robe dipped in blood, and the name by which he is called is The Word of God. . . . On his robe and on his thigh he has a name written, King of kings and Lord of lords.

The point of the Bible is to give you meta-narrative stories about how to be, how to act, and how to worship YHWH.

Jesus is God incarnated to prove he is God in the flesh, he fulfills the prophecies of the Old Testament then establishes a New Law with that same God. Basically the world is going to plunder into chaos and then Jesus will come back with a bunch of Angels and a bunch of other stuff and he will take everyone who believed in him to heaven.

But interesting enough one of my favorite verses refers to Heaven.
Luke 17:21
"nor will people say, ‘Here it is,’ or ‘There it is,’ because the kingdom of God is in your midst.”

There is a lot of symbolism and parables in the Bible, if you are interested in magick as well as the Bible I recommend you watch episode 2 of the show Midnight Gospel, the speaker does magick his name is Damien Echols, he also has a youtube channel.

To paraphrase Nietzsche (a philosopher and critic of the Bible
" There is only one Christian and he was crucified!"

If you want to follow Jesus and the Law of the New Covenant/Testament then follow these two commandments:
Mathew 22:37- 40:
37 Jesus replied: “‘Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind.’
38 This is the first and greatest commandment. 39 And the second is like it: ‘Love your neighbor as yourself.
40 All the Law and the Prophets hang on these two commandments.”

Churches are corrupt and and everyone has the capacity to do evil or commit, sin some even embrace sin as a way of life. If you want to form a relationship with God read the New Testament and read Psalms. You can study more if you’d like but the New Testament is all that you need since Jesus is the embodiment of the current or magick of the God.

For me I adopt Jesus as my role model and do my best to emulate him, I also underwent mysteries of crucifixion and felt the current of magick in my own soul and body.

Here’s a great lecture on the idea and psychological significance of redemption within Christianity

I hope you find whatever you are looking for man.

Here’s one of the magickal books I use to work with angels, the author also has other books you maybe interested in. I work with archangels, shem angels, and the angels of alchemy. I also work with Hebrew words of power, names of God, as well as Demons (with the authority of God and with the help of the shem Angels). I am saved by the standards of Christianity but I would never identify as a Christian.

72 Angels of Magick - Damon Brand

Note: The book employs angels to help and you use Hebrew Psalms to connect to the angels, but in no way do you need to believe in a certain God, or be a certain religion, angels help everyone and anyone. You can even be athiest and they will help as long as you take the role of magick seriously as a actor would a scene for a movie, he acts as if it is all real, even if deep down he feels he is just pretending or acting.

I would even say if you just act as if God is real and the Jesus is a hero of either history or fiction and do your best to emulate him you will receive the benefits of this current. Even if Jesus is just some made up myth, I’d die happy emulating this man/God. I also feel if I emulate him in this way I can bring about the most positive change in the world. I used to wish to destroy the world but after initiating into the Golden Dawn and experiencing my local city I had a change of heart, I want to do it for my city, for the world, and for the children.

NOTE: In no way am I trying to convert you or anything, I am simply answering your questions to the best of my ability.

5 Likes