An amazing experience while working with my Muladhara Chakra

So, I disagree with any method of chakra work that works with all of your chakras at the same time. This was not how the yogis of Hinduism ever did chakra work, it was always working with each chakra individually. In this spirit I have been pathworking the chakras. Starting at the first chakra and theoretically moving on when I’ve worked with a chakra enough.

So, I’ve been working with my Muladhara (also known as the Base or Root) Chakra since August and I have a very detailed and well studied meditation that I do daily to empower, cleanse, and work with my Muladhara Chakra. Basically, it consists of a set of six hand mudras, each held for five minutes, where I maintain the Mula Bandha and chant the Seed Mantra.

Often, when I am doing this meditation, chanting the Seed Mantra, which is Lam, sends me into a trance. Once, I fell into a trance and a large, black, Western-style dragon appeared before me in a vision, I rode the dragon and he brought me to meet the Greek God Asclepius, God of Healing who taught me about (surprise, surprise) healing.

Anyway, today while I was doing my meditation I fell into another trance and I kept repeating that I was seeking athanasia, amrita (amrita is a Hindu concept meaning both the object that makes you immortal as well as the state of being immortal), I was seeking immortality. Then it felt as though I was falling into my Muladhara Chakra. Then, I saw the Hindu deities of Brahma, Shiva and a woman who I didn’t know. After a little bit of reading I am convinced that her name is Dakini Shakti, as the other two are also associated with the Muladhara Chakra.

And so they began speaking to me and congratulating me and they were all speaking at the same time in a noticeable Hindi accent so it was a little difficult to hear what they were saying. I do remember Brahma saying, “You see the face of God, the faces of God, for all is Brahman’s face.”

Anyway, then Shiva asked, “So, you seek Amrita, you desire immortality?” And Brahma said, “But why in your flesh, wouldn’t you rather have a body made of energy and light?” I responded that I wanted my fleshy body because it has my chakras, it has my hormones, my glands, my powers. Brahma then said, “Then you shall have both, you will learn how to change your energetic structure in your eternity on the earth.” And the woman said, “You will indeed find Amrita, it is your karmic duty in this life. Remember Idunn’s Ash Box was filled with apples that make the god’s immortal. (This was a reference to Scandinavian folklore, as well as my name, it took me aback.)” And I responded, “But I don’t believe in karma.” Brahma said, “You don’t have to.” Then Shiva said, “You must move on now to the Svadhistana Chakra, any more work on your Muladhara Chakra will put you in danger of your Kundalini rising early. After you have gone through all of your chakras then you may raise your Kundalini. He will teach you further about Amrita.” Brahma then chuckled and said, “We will indeed see you soon, goodbye immortal child.” At this, my trance ended.

So, that was pretty crazy. But it is interesting that the Muladhara Chakra is seen as the “Seat of Destiny” because it is where karmic attachments are kept, and every action sows a seed that fruits in life later. And so, evidently, it’s my Karmic Duty, or Dharma, to bring immortality to the gods. And who are the gods but us.

3 Likes

Very nice.Ganesha mantras are also target the muladhara chakra.(i tested them my self).

1 Like

That’s pretty awesome! If you don’t mind me asking, what meditation have you been doing, and where did you learn the mudras?

I have a few questions.Along with the same request as DarkestKnight,for you to share the mudras.

Now,my first question was,how does puberty affect the Muladhara Chakra?

No seriously,I wish to know,because wherever one looks at spiritual anatomy and chakras,they will find much of it for adults,but almost none of it for children,or young adults,and in my current state,I am genuinely interested about how the development of the Muladhara’s physiological equivalent affects its development.

My next is about Anahata.Of all the chakras,this one and the Ajna are the ones that have fascinated me the most.Namely,because the world always feels like it is in supreme chaos,and you only need to find one point of immense peace,there,within the heart.

The hart too feels like a very chaotic place,and love has a very high place in my life obviously.I’ve opened this chakra,many times.I’ve energized it.I’ve balanced it.I’ve met my Ishta Daevata,the one that dwells within,but for some reason it has always felt pointless.

Recently,I was ill.I had laryngitis,and went to my doctor,and we found a cure and stuff.I also got cheated by an impostor,but that’s not the point.The point is,I asked the real archangel Raphael to help me free myself of the sickness and then,something awesome happened…

Lady Eva,who is close to Raphael,had this odd senseation that I should tap my sternum with three fingers,in a specific mudra she had to explain to me.She said I was developing a new energy center,and that I had to beat it with my hand,to make it unshriveled and I did that.

After some time,the laryngitis stopped but I still do that thing,to reawaken my Anahata chakra,because there is something there,that is rising.Something there,that is growing.Something there,begging to be let out.Ishta Daevata?Or is there more to it?Is there an inner peace just waiting to be tapped by a mind quieted,quieted in amounts that I have yet to achieve?Will this come after my Samhain ritual of absolute rebirths?Does it tie into the fact that my physical body is growing,ergo the spiritual one must mature with it?And why am I typing this when I should be doing my maths homework?

Yes, Ganesha is also associated with the Muladhara Chakra as since Ganesha is associated with new beginnings and opening closed doors.

A while ago, I was smoking some weed with my roommate and I was just blazed. I could feel my energy currents all around my body and I was seeing things. So, I sat up and vibrated the seed mantra, Lam. I did it once, immediately I felt my Muladhara Chakra reacting to the vibration.

My wonderful teacher, Dr. Google, teaches me these things.

My meditation is fairly simple but lengthy and it’s tailored for working only with the Muladhara Chakra. This is the best site I’ve found so far about hand mudras: http://www.langkawi-yoga.com/blog/?p=1109

For the meditation, here is the step by step process. Two terms you need to know. When I say to chant the Seed Mantra you should know that it is Lam and you chant this on the out breath while the in breath is through your nose. When I say to breathe the apana vayu you should know to exhale sharply while taking a longer in breath.

1. First of all, get in a seated position where your rear end is touching the floor/ground/whatever surface your sitting on. This is so that your chakras can gather energy from the earth. Also, clench your anus, this is called the Mula Bandha (Root Lock). Ideally you should maintain it for the whole exercise, but that takes time and practice. Even maintaining it for a few chants of the seed mantra for every mudra is enough.

2. Start in the Brahma/Poorna Mudra (number 5 in the website) this starts prana moving all around your body. Breathe the apana vayu ten times. After that chant the seed mantra for about five minutes. Don’t actually look at a clock, just intuit it.

3. Move into the Merhu danda Mudra (number 4) this starts to centralize the movement of prana to your spinal column, which is where the chakras are. Breathe the Apana Vayu ten times and then chant the seed mantra for five minutes. As I said earlier, don’t time yourself, just intuit.

4. Move into the Chin Mudra (number 1) this focuses prana below the navel to the feet. Breathe apana vayu ten times and chant the seed mantra for five minutes.

5. Move into the Prithvi/Earth Mudra (number 6a) this builds up the earth element in your body which the Muladhara Chakra is associated with. Breathe the apana vayu ten times and chant the seed mantra for five minutes.

6. Move into the Apana Mudra (Number 7b) this helps the movement of Apana Vayu in the body. Breathe the apana vayu ten times and chant the seed mantra for five minutes.

7. Move into the Muladhara Chakra-Bhu Mudra (Number 8a) this activates, purifies, and empowers the Muladhara Chakra itself. Then, again, breathe the apana vayu and chant the seed mantra for five minutes.

Calmly leave the meditative state.

If you have any other questions I could definitely answer them.

2 Likes

http://www.langkawi-yoga.com/blog/?p=1109 here is the best site I’ve found about hand mudras yet.

[quote=“Arcane, post:4, topic:6447”]Now, my first question was, how does puberty affect the Muladhara Chakra?

No seriously, I wish to know, because wherever one looks at spiritual anatomy and chakras, they will find much of it for adults, but almost none of it for children, or young adults, and in my current state, I am genuinely interested about how the development of the Muladhara’s physiological equivalent affects its development.[/quote]

An infant, if it contained the attention and intellectual capacity to meditate on his chakras could master them as is. The chakras are the same before and after puberty. Why might you think otherwise.

[quote=“Arcane, post:4, topic:6447”]My next is about Anahata. Of all the chakras, this one and the Ajna are the ones that have fascinated me the most. Namely, because the world always feels like it is in supreme chaos, and you only need to find one point of immense peace, there, within the heart.

The heart too feels like a very chaotic place, and love has a very high place in my life obviously. I’ve opened this chakra, many times. I’ve energized it. I’ve balanced it. I’ve met my Ishta Daevata, the one that dwells within, but for some reason it has always felt pointless.

Recently, I was ill. I had laryngitis, and went to my doctor, and we found a cure and stuff. I also got cheated by an impostor, but that’s not the point. The point is, I asked the real archangel Raphael to help me free myself of the sickness and then, something awesome happened…

Lady Eva, who is close to Raphael, had this odd senseation that I should tap my sternum with three fingers, in a specific mudra she had to explain to me. She said I was developing a new energy center, and that I had to beat it with my hand, to make it unshriveled and I did that.

After some time, the laryngitis stopped but I still do that thing, to reawaken my Anahata chakra, because there is something there, that is rising. Something there, that is growing. Something there, begging to be let out. Ishta Daevata? Or is there more to it? Is there an inner peace just waiting to be tapped by a mind quieted, quieted in amounts that I have yet to achieve? Will this come after my Samhain ritual of absolute rebirths? Does it tie into the fact that my physical body is growing, ergo the spiritual one must mature with it? And why am I typing this when I should be doing my maths homework?[/quote]

That is an amazing experience, but if your spiritual body is growing it is not dependant on the changes of puberty.

Great thread. I was just reading Moola Bandha. Anyone interested in more of this should pick it up along with Kundalini Tantra, an 8 month course work that takes you one chakra at a time.

Do you ever feel enery going to the back of your head when you do the exercises? @thread starter.

I am aware of the Bindhi Chakra, and I believe it is vital in obtaining immortality, which is my greatest goal.

WWW.chakras.net

[url=http://pranaspace.com.au/2012/06/bindu-the-8th-chakra/]http://pranaspace.com.au/2012/06/bindu-the-8th-chakra/[/url]

[url=http://www.chakras.net/energy-centers/bindu]http://www.chakras.net/energy-centers/bindu[/url]

[url=http://www.chakras.net/energy-centers/bindu/exercises]http://www.chakras.net/energy-centers/bindu/exercises[/url]

For immortality of the body I think your gonna have to start breathing a new mixture of gases. Mortality is merely a position of course and earths gas mixtures are not necessarily the best we could use.

On the other hand there is always swapping souls to another body (ie stealing anothers body) But this deems your immortal only as far as humanity survives.

Essentially I agree with you though - dualism IE body and soul is the way forward in the universe - why give up one of the ways (bio physicality) we experience the universe to only have one way left so to speak (ie spiritually).

I do get worried however by the Hindu deities, who is truly to say they are not Djinn ?

J

I am a firm believer that bodily immortality is possible. And if it’s not possible, then I will die trying.

There are too many stories in history about immortality for it to be all a myth.

1 Like

I think once you get to a certain spiritual/chakric state your body will be immune to that stuff. Your body will probably more than a body by that point. The ancient alchemists saught and some gained immortality.

1 Like