A Spell for PTSD?

Has anyone used magik for help with PTSD? Just wondering.

2 Likes

YES I suggest EMDR

A banishing ritual. These are just so useful I keep going on and on about them.

Al.

3 Likes

EMDR? Sorry I’m so ignorant. But I’m learning!

LOL I’m sorry I missed you going on and on about them.Got a banishing ritual that’s your favorite? I think banishing a mental illness is an intriguing concept.

Not only intriguing, it works - over time.

Al.

2 Likes

Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing (EMDR)

Re: EMDR. Oh yes, that. I looked into that because I was looking for ways to do self regression to recover memories/past life information/etc. But I never could get the hang of it. And of course there are a lot of professionals saying "don’t try this at home,kids!’

do what I am doing now find a professional and go see her

1 Like

snerk

Yeah that will go over well. Which pine tree do you think has a degree in it? And do they work pro bono?

But all joking aside, that would be great. But what I seek to learn… you can’t always get a professional to help you with. So you learn to do things by yourself.

1 Like

As a hypnotist, i like to get my subject to redirect the triggers. I have one subject who redirects a trigger of sudden loud noises into a “shadow bix”.

When he is triggered, his mind kicks in and sends his alert senses to the box. He still goes on the alert, but his mind keeps it at a good level, instead of looking for immenant life threats and possibly hurting family member that get too close, or myself.

2 Likes

That is actually quite handy. It’s like a sort of disassociation or that stereotypical “you’re just watching it, you can relax. you don’t have to feel it!” you see in so many movies.

I wonder… as it’s been said that magik can change DNA even… it could also be used to repair the damage done to the hippocampus believed to be one of the factors of PTSD.

1 Like

There is a way to get rid of most symptoms of PTSD but it must be done VERY CAREFULLY. It’s a form of brain washing that you do on yourself but please think of the consequences of not remembering everything of a particular event that triggers you. A lot of people recommend hypnosis but forget that they are trusting an individual COMPLETELY outside of themselves to execute a very personal and possibly detrimental practice. And no one mentions that side effects of any spell or ritual include possible short term memory loss.

With that in mind, to wipe your brain of the offending memory (or series of memories) you must make the conscious decision to remember it one more time. Let all the pain live in you one more time. Yes that’s not probably what you’d like to hear, but it works. Let your mind trace those memories back and replay them as a dream or movie in your mind until you let go in your heart of every emotion linked to it—every single hidden emotion that you don’t even want to admit to yourself. Swirl them into the movie of memories and play them faster and faster until it seems like all the heartache becomes a blinding black hole. Only then, (do not skip this step), throw it as far from your mind as you can while you picture your mind going completely white in place of your “movie”. The crying and pain will stop and you’ll be left with a patch in your brain that you will eventually cover over with the beauty of nature in place of it. And your mind while having not completely forgotten yet will not allow you to go back and dwell on those memories. In a few years you will have completely forgotten they ever happened. For a particularly difficult and painful memory you may need to break down the pain and do it in chunks. But this has never failed me in my life and I am able to use it less and less as memories pop up again for a moment years later and I am able to heal them at my own pace of growing and forgiving. I hope everyone can eventually find that peace.

Always,
Phoebe

3 Likes

Welcome @Phanson2 Please make an introduction in the NEW MAGICIAN AND INTRODUCTIONS area, and tell us about yourself and any experience in magick you may have. It is a rule of this forum.

1 Like

I like TRE and castaneda’s recapitulation for stuff like this.

I find hypnosis tends not to work too well for these since you’ll be hard pressed to override the commands your body receives from high-stress situations like that.

My version of TRE involves sitting down in a butterfly position, then lying back until you’re flat on your back with your legs in a diamond shape. Push down your knees until your hips are in the air and hold it there until you start shaking.

I also find an easy way to release the first shivers when you’re experienced with controlling your mind is to give yourself the command to relax and release tension and trauma, then flex until you start shaking. Eventually as you go along you’ll stop shaking when flexing and the tremors will spread on their own.

Other methods involve projecting out to various parts of my body, pulling out all energetic trauma and blockages.

I’ve done all these in an attempt to release repressed memories though so mileage may vary.

1 Like

If you want to go the mundane route, I really recommend somatic psychotherapy. Even just a year of commitment to getting through this therapy can really strengthen you.

I’ll tell you right now, it’s not for the faint of heart and can sometimes be awful but it will help you connect to yourself in the present moment, and a good therapist will teach you tips for grounding and self soothing. My PTSD is pretty bad since I was a kid, but this therapy has been the most helpful method I have found so far to deal with triggers and symptoms.

And now working with spirits, they are helping me to walk through more old stuff that comes up.

3 Likes

This sounds interesting, but how would it work if it was not just one time, but multiple, like bullying in school?

Hi @Anakin_Thorne, that member to whom you’re responding hasn’t been on the forum on almost 3 years so more than likely you won’t get a response. In the future, you can click on their avatar to see when they were last active and likely to respond to you.

1 Like