A Case for the Occult to Remain True to its Name

I’ve long been a fan of the “dont cast pearls before swine” mentality, and to be honest that’s what occultism is about (sort of). Of course there’s the elitism aspect, and a lot of people who belong to “covens” or “hidden orders” aren’t actually all that special when it comes to talent but are instead just getting trained properly by mentors with lots of experience.
However, I can see the merit in keeping actual magic trainings secret, because it automatically assures that only those who are “meant to find it” will.
I dont mind the “baby witches” on tiktok or whatever, since first of all, just because you arent good at something and or arent talented and will never achieve greatness in a subject, doesnt mean you’re not allowed to participate. Imagine if someone told you only people who are “meant to be artists” were allowed to paint. That’s dumb as shit.
And second, yeah there is a lot of false information circulating amongst those “baby witch” types, but it doesnt really matter because even if there wasn’t the majority of them wouldn’t be doing anything productive anyway. And when it comes to them coordinating to “hex the moon” I think that’s just fucking hilarious to watch. Plus, we who actually know how to do things can harvest that energy if we want to. So, no harm done to the people that matter. (And yes, I know that sounds just a little bit elitist)
In the end though, I dont think magic should be “hidden”, not that it could be at this point even if we wanted it to be occulted. True, real gnosis and information and technique is usually hard to put into exact words anyway. The need for encryption is kinda unnecessary, if the end goal is to see humanity evolve and thrive as a species rather than a slave race.
Seriously, the long standing practice of encrypting gnosis and keeping wisdom hidden only comes from the fact that humans are a slave race.

2 Likes

I think there are plenty of people trying to do just that as well.

3 Likes