The Amazing Movies Thread

Yes I’ve seen metropolis, it’s the oldest distopian film in history I believe.

2 Likes

An amazing inverse pentagram scene.

I just watched The Void (2016) and I highly recommend it. It’s a very Lovecraftian, Body Horror movie that makes you think and doesn’t spoon feed you the answers.

5 Likes

Borgman
Inland Empire
Only Lovers Left Alive

2 Likes

This is an interesting documentary about a project where thousands of people participated in creating an alternate reality experience in San Francisco a few years ago. It reminded me of the BALG forum for several reasons, one being the element of consensual make believe, another being the focal character was a girl named Eva who was sort of their transcendent leader, and another similarity was that they refer to one of the goals of their movement as the possibility of humans ascending to a higher level. I highly recommend this intriguing documentary.

2 Likes

The Thing on the Doorstep

I personally don’t think lovecraft translates well to film but a lot of people seem to like it.

1 Like

Shadow builder

Sleepy Hollow with Jonny Dep

Evil Dead 1, 2, 3 and the new one

Hell raiser movies

Jeapers creapers

Soul keeper

Superstition

2 Likes

Stunning film, slow enough for a date night and wandering hands, Robert Redford’s incredible and even more so because he was 77 years old when it was filmed and did a lot of his own water stunts.

4 Likes

Has anyone seen The shape of water? Its nominated for 13 academy awards. A woman falls in love with a fishman. It resonated with me because of the interspecies relationship people with spirit lovers might connect with it.

2 Likes

Midnight meat train
Monster hunter
Forbidden empire

1 Like

“Mandy” is a new flick that highlights the Ill potentials of irresponsible magick and also includes some amazing acting and cinematography. Panos Cosmatos delivers another good one.

1 Like

Dracula movies. Any of them though my favorite being Bram Stoker’s Dracula 1992 got me interested in the occult as awhole but that’s a personal story.

But I just lost the will to want to grow in this community. I didn’t care about my third eye or anything anymore until I saw As above So below which her saying “As within so without. As above so below.” really spoke to me and renewed my passion because I realized that it basically means “As I see the world the world so it is. As I wish the world, so it is.”

But my efforts to rejoin all of this was half hearted at best until I saw The VVitch which made me come to terms with what I was doing. I won’t spoil it but it made feel bad for not trying enough for King Lucifer.

So here I am with a renewed passion.

3 Likes

AQUAMAN TRAILER FUCK YEAH MAN!!!

Heredity is pretty good. It’s about King Paimon… When the matriarch of the Graham family passes away, her daughter and grandchildren begin to unravel cryptic and increasingly terrifying secrets about their ancestry, trying to outrun the sinister fate they have inherited.
Metropolis is my all time favorite.

4 Likes

One of my personal all-time favorites, which really got me in to studying Eastern magik when I was a whippersnapper. It’s not some super in-depth or accurate film about magik, but it is a fun flick to watch on a rainy day with a cuddle buddy and bottle of wine.

2 Likes

all Quentin tarentino

the thing (1982)

they live (1988)

the godfather (1972)

goodfellas (1990)

shawshank redemption (1994)

fight club (1999)

insidious

this is the end (2014)

the departed 06

the aviator 04

a fuck ton more, cant think, too many movies

2 Likes

I wouldn’t call it amazing because that implies some form of beauty, but Eden Lake is a good, realistic, British horror starring Michael Fassbender. Those who live or have lived in the North of England should get hit by this especially hard.

3 Likes

The House with a Clock in Its Walls is a 2018 American fantasy horror film directed by Eli Roth, based on the 1973 novel of the same name by John Bellairs, and starring Jack Black, Cate Blanchett, Owen Vaccaro, Renée Elise Goldsberry, Sunny Suljic, and Kyle MacLachlan. The film follows a young boy, Lewis, who is sent to live with his uncle, Jonathan, in a creaky old house. He soon learns it was previously inhabited by a sinister wizard.

The House with a Clock in Its Walls

2 Likes

I particular fell in love with the movie Wizards by Ralph bakshi as a kid same with the movie Fire and Ice. Some of the other ones would be The Wickerman with Christopher Lee, I felt so happy when they were all singing together at the end. The fields on the isle just put in my mind a sense of belonging and home. Another good one is A Field in England if you haven’t seen it, its very very good.

I also enjoy the informational videos from Poke Runyon, those are always a good watch!

2 Likes

Mansfield 66/67