The Amazing Movies Thread

Post titles, links to IMDB etc that you LOVE and that have inspired and influenced you to become a better magician, and a more interesting person.

I’m actually starting this thread for selfish reasons, in hopes you all can provide my excellent flicks I’ve not seen yet.

I’ll kick this off by posting a link to the full Dracula movie from 1931, starring Bela Lugosi.

Surely you’ve heard of it, but have you seen it? It’s my favorite vampire movie, hands down.

It’s just so gritty, and smart. I love it!

Count Dracula, Renfield, and Van Helsing are all perfectly cast.

Dracula (1931) - Full Movie

12 Likes

The Holy Mountain theatrical trailer

Kind of bizarre, I dig it. My buddy named his band after it. It’s about the search for “enlightenment”, whatever that is XD

@Timothy: I’m with ya on some of the old black & white movies; just somethin’ about em. I’m a huge Vincent Price fan, myself - the House on Haunted Hill, The Fall of the House of Usher… and of course the utter madness of the Poe classics during that era.

In the seventies, one of my fave portrayals of ‘Merlin’ is in the British film “Excalibur”. I also liked “The Creature”, in that it most closely followed Mary Shelley’s book.

“Dark Kingdom, the Dragon King”- you gotta love a woman who can wield a sword like that!

@ Apocolypticor ----- SHITE! :wink: Z

5 Likes

It has been said that I am a “little” different. I love the old Columbia Pictures “The Terror Of Tiny Town”.

Maxx

1 Like

[quote=“Maxx, post:4, topic:123”]It has been said that I am a “little” different. I love the old Columbia Pictures “The Terror Of Tiny Town”.

Maxx[/quote]

(Giggle to self) A “little” different, my Ass! MAXX, you are off the charts, buddy!

My favorite move is the collector. Also timothy I have a question for you, on our profile it says magician will this name change after we work through certain programs or will it remain the same?

I know, I know, Zoe, I just can’t resist.

The Terror of Tiny Town : Free Download & Streaming : Internet Archive

necromaster,

Quite honestly, I’d rather there be no nickname or title there. But the system requires it.

The only other option is to have titles change as users hit certain post quotas.

But… I’m sort of over it.

Why what’s on your mind?

P.S. I could just make everyone “Douchebag”

It was just a random thing that popped up in my head. Magician is way better than douchebag

INDEED!     ;)   Z

Constantine: sans the chainsmoking and Roman Catholic backdrop, I can relate to that character.

The Mothman Prophecies: because sometimes, despite our abilty and experience, high strangeness can leave us scratching our heads… inducing us to rethink things.

2 Likes

MarkOTB,

The Prestige is fucking awesome. I’ve watched that movie a few times.

I have a mancrush on Christian Bale.

I can’t wait for the The Dark Knight Rises.

Check out the film, The Machinist. It’s a gratuitous mind-bender.

[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361862/]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0361862/[/url]

2 Likes

evil speak is quite a good one for entertainment value alone lol

1 Like

I love the Evil Dead series… I had big plans to get to the horror con this weekend in Louisville and finally get to pat Bruce Campbell on the ass, but it looks like I’ll be spending the weekend in Nashville instead…

1 Like

Ok, so everyone is gonna laugh at me, but please be gentle :stuck_out_tongue:
Here are a few of my top favorites.
“On a Clear Day you can see Forever” - I just love all the hypnosis and past lives stuff, and I really dig Daisy Gambles outfits, lol.

Im a Ren Faire nerd, and I love movies that are set in medieval times or the renaissance era, fantasy or historical, so to that I must add “The Mists of Avalon”, “Excalibur”, “The Other Boleyn Girl”… I could go on an on.

I love old black and white films, so I love when Turner Classic movies does their halloween films and it’s all Bela, Bela, Bela. Oh, and “Freaks”! Joan Crawford is scarier than any ghoulie, haha.

All time favorite is gonna have to be “The Devils Rejects”, Sherrie Moon is my girl crush :wink:

And yes, I also love all of the Harry Potter movies!

2 Likes

[quote=“beboe76, post:16, topic:123”]Ok, so everyone is gonna laugh at me, but please be gentle :stuck_out_tongue:
Here are a few of my top favorites.
“On a Clear Day you can see Forever” - I just love all the hypnosis and past lives stuff, and I really dig Daisy Gambles outfits, lol.

Im a Ren Faire nerd, and I love movies that are set in medieval times or the renaissance era, fantasy or historical, so to that I must add “The Mists of Avalon”, “Excalibur”, “The Other Boleyn Girl”… I could go on an on.

I love old black and white films, so I love when Turner Classic movies does their halloween films and it’s all Bela, Bela, Bela. Oh, and “Freaks”! Joan Crawford is scarier than any ghoulie, haha.

All time favorite is gonna have to be “The Devils Rejects”, Sherrie Moon is my girl crush :wink:

And yes, I also love all of the Harry Potter movies![/quote]

The Other Boleyn Girl was a fantastic movie!! And Sherri Moon is totally hot… lol you have good taste :slight_smile:

So has anyone else here watched “Chemical Wedding”? I know it pissed a lot of people off with the way Aleister Crowley was portrayed, but I enjoyed it :smiley: Definitely worth a watch imo.
[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974536/]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0974536/[/url]

1 Like

Y’know, I was just sitting here letting my mind wander, and I realized most of us have only been answering the first half of Timothy’s question! So, when I consider movies that made me want to be a better person, PAY IT FORWARD rises to the top … you just never see ALL the effects of 1 thoughtful, on-purpose act of kindness that is utterly pure; that is totally devoid of any ulterior motive. :wink: Z

Zoe, that movie makes me bawl just thinking about it, but I agree, amazing message :slight_smile:

This movie is REALLY cool.

It’s all about a guy whose family dies, and he attempts to reconnect with them in the astral afterlife…

I can’t recommend it enough. In my top 10 movies. Ignore any negative criticism.

[url=http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120889/]http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0120889/[/url]

1 Like