Must I renounce my faith before becoming a left hand path magician?

Must I renounce my faith before becoming a left hand path magician?

It might help if you want to see results. But I donā€™t think itā€™s strictly necessary. Thereā€™s a lot of Christian groups that operate in the occult without issue, but certain actions may come into conflict with your religious beliefs

6 Likes

No.

3 Likes

@isaacwilliam1 ā€¦

I think it really comes down to answering one simple question ā€¦

Is it more important that Godā€™s Will (or whatever the deity is for your faith) be done or that Your Own Will be done?

In the end, you can follow or you can lead. Your choice.

5 Likes

I never did a renunciation rite and I seem to be good at what I do. Iā€™d say no but if itā€™s important to you, then you can do it but it isnā€™t needed. Follow the path with the heart- Carlos Castaneda.

1 Like

Depends, do you feel you need to? I never needed to renounce any faith because my faiths shaped how I learned to see the world. My original faith gave me the hope that keeps me from killing every human I meet, my various faiths since have given me the work ethic to keep going, the wisdom to not expect too much, the confidence that I truly am mistress of my own fate, and the grounded poise to step into the next chapter. Faith is not necessarily dogma, faith is just those things you choose to take for granted at the core of your being.

3 Likes

nah bro, its all good.

1 Like

Ditto.

1 Like

Iā€™m technically a Catholic. Too much a pain in the ass to formally renounce it.

Making a show of renouncing something simply gives that something value, and in our world, that means power.

Advice: It is much better to make a positive pact, or affirmation to the universe and your higher self with empowering, meaningful statements than to spend time renouncing the shackles of a retarded religion.

Here I mean retarded in the sense that Abrahamic faiths hold people back.

4 Likes

I would disagree with the majority that commented and say yes you should if you want to become a SUCCESSFUL left hand path magician. There are no room for JCI cultists amongst the LHP. If you want YOUR will to be done then you must forsake anyone who seeks to impose THEIR will on you. It doesnā€™t have to be formal or public. It doesnā€™t even have to be fancy. It could be as simple as saying a few words of renunciation in front of a tea light or you could burn your bible or pages of it. Itā€™s really up to you.

8 Likes

You arenā€™t allowed to disagree! Oh wait, actually thatā€™s kinda the whole point!
Oddly, despite my position, I still agree with you.

Let your proclamations embolden you!

5 Likes

No. Former Baptist Christian here. Dropped out of church when I was 12.

2 Likes

A few years ago I would have said no, but even though I never practiced as any kind of Xian, when I did a ā€œreverse baptismā€ as part of another work to free me from all Xian programming, beliefs, and practices, it was a powerful experience (I was never actually baptised in a church), so I guess I must have absorbed a lot through the general cutlural saturation of this weird middle eastern zombie cult.

For that reason Iā€™d go with yes, with the caveat ā€œif you wish to,ā€ because thereā€™s power in rituals and in that moment when you draw a line under something and say ā€œFrom this point forward, you are gone from my life.ā€

Something like this wonā€™t take long, for example:

Or you could find some rites of blasphemy, or simply bathe yourself and consider it a cleansing of the past, the possibilities are limitless, it just has to be meaningful to YOU because weā€™re dealing at the level of ideas, emotions, and beliefs, so choose something that speaks to you.

7 Likes

Do you mind sharing a little about your powerful experience to remove any Xian programming ? Iā€™m curious.

It depends on if your faith is holding you back or not. I left my protestant background long ago, but I had to walk a different path entirely to get here. It was not a straight shot for me.

But I do have to disagree with performing a ritual to represent the departure from one path into a better suited one as being entirely useless, if you so choose to. Humanity has had rituals marking the end of one part of life and the beginning of another across every culture in one form or another. This is especially important when it comes to joining groups. Going through said ritual might help my that psychological impact you need to lay the past to rest if that is the direction you feel you need to go.

But I would spend time reflecting on it as it is a big decision. You are essentially asking yourself how you want to see and interact with life going forward.

Nothing wrong with being a wolf in sheepā€™s clothing :metal:

Iā€™ve been doing it for years :rofl:

1 Like

Iā€™m unaware if they exist today, but formerly (particularly in Europe) there were Xtian Satanists. They believed that they would suffer for eternity in Hell when they died - but their hatred of the ā€˜quick to angerā€™, psychopath god and his piss-weak, Nancy boy son left them no alternative. In a very real and cherished sense itā€™s the ultimate ā€˜Fuck you!ā€™ and I commend it.

Al.

2 Likes