Calling Down Poseidon

Tonight I evoked Poseidon. I had discussed my questions on him in an earlier post and he didn’t disappoint. He appeared as a man with long flowing hair and a long flowing beard with pale skin (like a drowned corpse) and glowing yellow eyes, he was submerged in seawater from the chest down. When he appeared I asked him if he was a God of the left hand path. “I do not belong to any path. These are human constructs.” He almost felt angry but I could tell that he didn’t mean any harm. I proceeded to ask him what he could teach me. “I teach the mysteries of the sea, I can teach one to master or harness their emotions and I can teach awareness of the unconscious mind and dreams.” I asked him what he can do for me and magicians like me. “I can help one understand their true desires, I can drown and poison enemies and teach one to do so. I can help one exit the body in a projection.” I asked him what he could teach me to help further my ascent. “One must inject their life with passion. Let your passion be as limitless as the sea and as untamed as a storm. Let your passion and will power wash away fear.” I thanked him and closed the evocation.

9 Likes

I used the sign of Neptune to evoke Poseidon. Neptune is his Roman name and also the name of a planet. I found the sign online.

2 Likes

That sounds like an awesome evocation. Congrats, man!

2 Likes

[quote=“DarkestKnight, post:3, topic:9088”]That sounds like an awesome evocation. Congrats, man![/quote] Thank you! Hopefully this might shed some light on Poseidon.

1 Like

Nice ! How about evocation of Zeus and Hades next !?

2 Likes

[quote=“Jyoti, post:5, topic:9088”]Nice ! How about evocation of Zeus and Hades next !?[/quote] Hades might be interesting. I’m currently doing a path working with Set so it might be a while before I evoke another spirit to learn from.

1 Like

I evoked Hades before, but in the beginning it was a more Wiccan style of evokation. I used E.A.'s evocation technique and came up with a different result.
Hades was NoT talkative in the least-or helpful, unlike Hera or Athena or some of the others. I cleared out my ritual space and left and … and he followed me home, through the woods behind my home and into my home.

I acted like nothing was going on cause i just could not believe it. He had more of an attitude of “SO, what do YoU want with ME!?” I pictured a man looking at me like I must be stupid for wasting his time. It was TheE weirdest evocation ever.
Again, nothing like evoking Hera or Athena.

After looking further into it, yup, that was the original personality of the deity. Which is why Greeks didnt spend a lot of time or effort putting up temples for him I guess.

Anyway, it seemed like you might enjoy the story.

1 Like

I evoked Hades before, but in the beginning it was a more Wiccan style of evokation. I used E.A.'s evocation technique and came up with a different result.
Hades was NoT talkative in the least-or helpful, unlike Hera or Athena or some of the others. I cleared out my ritual space and left and … and he followed me home, through the woods behind my home and into my home.

I acted like nothing was going on cause i just could not believe it. He had more of an attitude of “SO, what do YoU want with ME!?” I pictured a man looking at me like I must be stupid for wasting his time. It was TheE weirdest evocation ever.

After looking further into it, yup, that was the original personality of the deity. Which is why Greeks didnt spend a lot of time or effort putting up temples for him I guess.

Anyway, it seemed like you might enjoy the story.[/quote] That’s really interesting. It makes me wonder if his Roman aspect (Pluto) is the same. I’ve been planning an evocation of Saturnus/Cronos. I’ve been feeling a pull from him lately.

1 Like

Anyway, it seemed like you might enjoy the story.[/quote] That’s really interesting. It makes me wonder if his Roman aspect (Pluto) is the same. I’ve been planning an evocation of Saturnus/Cronos. I’ve been feeling a pull from him lately.[/quote]
Just bare one thing in mind, you are not hearing this from an expert, you are hearing it from me. But yeah, that is what happened.

2 Likes

Anyway, it seemed like you might enjoy the story.[/quote]

Hades corresponds to Capricorn and is more for gaining fame through hard work.

And a few temples? Think not.

http://www.theoi.com/Cult/HaidesCult.html

1 Like

“That’s really interesting. It makes me wonder if his Roman aspect (Pluto) is the same. I’ve been planning an evocation of Saturnus/Cronos. I’ve been feeling a pull from him lately”

Cronos is Aquarian and disciplinary by nature.

1 Like

http://www.theoi.com/Cult/HaidesCult.html[/quote]
Why do you think that he would correspond to Capricorn (Earth sign of advancing from the earth to the heavens) as opposed to Scorpio (water sign), a symbol of death, rebirth, mystery, and the underworld?

http://www.theoi.com/Cult/HaidesCult.html[/quote]
Why do you think that he would correspond to Capricorn (Earth sign of advancing from the earth to the heavens) as opposed to Scorpio (water sign), a symbol of death, rebirth, mystery, and the underworld?[/quote]

I did my own research and he’s Saturnian in nature; still referring to Hades.

1 Like

Ok. Ty.

Can you tell the ways , how you evoked Poseidon