You're Always Using Spirits

Not to be impertinent but are you sure it’s not a medical condition, like dissociative identity disorder? I’d rule that out before thinking there are five distinct spirits.

You are correct it is DID

1 Like

We have existed as 5 far longer than we were 1 we each think for ourselves how do you know we are not separate people. Even we can’t answer that for sure.

When I started with the demons, I thought, oh yeah, these are just separate beings from me, this is just something I can walk away from, like I could banish, never do goetia again, and just stick to mundane things. But now, working more closely with a couple demons, I have come to the realization that, it doesn’t matter if I want to forget about demons and make them go away, they are part of me, their powers and attributes are part of me, and I can’t just walk away from myself and who I am because oh, scary demons.

I love that particle and wave theory you proposed it makes sense for the collective and subjective views we experience with energies, techniques, tools, and initiates.

2 Likes

I experienced the same. I think once we enter the world of spirits, and begin interacting with them, we can never leave. They will always be there, at one level or another.

Am I the only wizard here who doesn’t really use tools? Even when I started my magick, my imagination was always my tool.
Now, I when I do work for clients I use paper, ink to write my intent, and a lot candle.
But those are the only tools I’ve ever used. Just never saw the use of them. And granted, I lived in a smaller space and was pretty broke when I started my magical practices so I just had to do with my thoughts. It’s how I’ve practiced ever since.

1 Like

I use tools, but very few. Some crystals, incense, and candles is pretty much it. That’s mostly down to being secretive about practicing in my case.