Your opinions?

Seeking valid/Serious opinions on this subject in particular.

Do you think that you’re chosen by certain spirits or have a calling when you’re driven to an interest in the Occult? Or do you believe you need to seek to find?

3 Likes

Both. I personally do have ancestors/family into this. Several others that I learn from do as well. But I don’t buy that you have to be born into it or are special by birth and really do feel that anyone dedicated enough can do it.
It’s very much a human birthright to get this. So I’m very much against elitism in the occult.

4 Likes

When I say both it’s because several spirits were like “about fucking time” when I eventually called them so there is guidance external to the practitioner

4 Likes

I believe that the calling was my inner divinity speaking to me. That’s the only Goddess I’m worried about being “chosen” by. Though we all have entities sort of pop up and decide they want to work with us, or just as companions. So they can choose and call you but the more important thing is: do you call back? Do you choose them?

4 Likes

I would definitely say it can be both as well. In my own life I have first and foremost had an experience of it being unavoidable to work with certain spirits/gods/goddesses. For a long time it was not something I sought to do at all. But when I look back I realize that I have done so on a subconscious level several times. I know that someone in my family was burned for being a witch, but I do not read much into it, because I do not feel any relationship with my family otherwise. Quite the opposite, as I have cut all ties to them. My true family is found elsewhere, human and particularly at this time in my life, among other-than-humans.

3 Likes

I feel that I am being guided by a spirit in my occult journey. It started with simple meditation. I used to see snakes alot during this time as if some spirit was trying to contact me. Then one by one occult books came knocking at my minds door, and I started reading them. Even now I feel that some higher spirit is guiding me.
I dont know who he is. I will find out one day eventually :wink:

4 Likes

I believe you can go any way you choose there are infinite paths to the occult, maybe some entity/entities/gaurdian/demons choose you, maybe you choose it without even knowing…
I have always had a fascination with the darker side of life, and always been a believer in the occult & paranormal. I think that seeking may draw more entities to you possibly.

3 Likes