Your most potent ingredient in curses?

What’s your most potent ingredient in curses? For me it’d be this oil, since I definitely felt something indescribably deadly when I managed to tap into it. It’s NOT something I’d ever use lightly.

[Intent/will/emotion is implied.]

2 Likes

I think the most potent ingredient in a curse would be raw emotion.

5 Likes

Intent is implied.

1 Like

I believe there is no such thing. We’re not cooking a spell, all ingredients are symbolic. Any ingredient can be replaced or ignored completely. The most important, your will, emotions and intention. That’s all there is to it. The rest are just symbols of your desire… you can use anything for that or nothing at all.

4 Likes

When i do a physical spell because I love cursed objects I believe my breath to be the most important ingredient, my life force so to speak.

3 Likes

Jason Miller in his latest book explains why your view (screw the tradition, your intent is the only thing that matters!) may be offensive to many. No disrespect, but I’m going to side with my experience and with someone who’s well-known in the occult community (and I actually hate the man himself, but I’m not petty enough to dismiss the value of his work).

5 Likes

There’s philosophical relativism. And there’s occult relativism. And since the two amount to something very similar, the former has received enough theoretical challenges.

1 Like

No offense intended. I respect all opinions. Nothing is written in stone. Believe whatever makes you happy !

3 Likes

I would appreciate a little more detail on this point of view, especially in view of what @PrinceX said. Let me know if you’d like to break this out into another post.

1 Like

Anything from a graveyard. Nails, dirt, stones, wire, are all charged with the energy of the dead and Death itself.

1 Like

I agree. The raw energy of sheer hatred. You must be boiling mad. Almost insane. So mad that if murder was an option and you could get away with it, you would feel no remorse.

3 Likes

My mind. Most of my greatest magical feats have been accomplished through it.

3 Likes

See, I have many methods. Spirit/Soul Jars, Vinegar Jars, Baby Dolls, Possession, Negative Energy Work, Evocation/Necromancy, etc. But if I simply gaze at them and think ‘youre finished’, that’s all it really takes.

5 Likes