You have to understand

I am talking about races as a whole.Not individuals. :smiley:

Tell me a universal definition of good, if you can.

I was gonna write rely on demons and angels, this damned keyboard messed it up :man_facepalming:

Learning the basics, becoming capable of doing your own magick without relying anyone.Many of newbies skip these two steps and guess what, a thoughtform comes in telling you how much of a god you are.

Thanks, but no thanks, you seem to be clearly some what annoyed on the subject I am talking about, and I already made some helpful topics like that before, will do in future again, I am just gonna rant on this one right now.

And where is your counter argument this time?

Much love :kiss:

If I could just say…

I see the left hand path is the path of the user. That means to say the left hand magician is given a set of tools that can carve out a better life. But it’s up to the magician to learn these tools. That I agree with.

But you don’t send an inexperienced novice into the wild. They need someone else to teach them the methods for survival, and for a time they need to rely on someone else to support them. So yes, we need to rely on spirits and experienced masters to some extent. Though, that opens the conversation of how much responsibility is on the student and how much is on the guardian.

However, the average novice is either coming from a religious background, or from a society that holds to some ideas found in religion. So we’re all guilty, at some point, of replacing God, Jesus, and angels with other gods, mythical heroes, and other spiritual beings. Most aren’t going to get out of the salvation mindset till they’re more experienced. After all, a kid will only tell a parent to stop hovering once they think they can do things on their own.

And, you are right to say that no spirit, god, or otherwise is obligated to help us. We SHOULD be self sufficient. However, as said above, you can’t expect a novice to even consider it. Yes, spirits have free will. Yes, they only help when they choose. Yes, they aren’t there to solve all our problems. But, you need to start somewhere.

Gods! Solitary practice is shit! I wish groups and teachers were more readily available. But even then, there’s no telling if you’re getting scammed. Fuck! There’s no right answer!

What I’m saying is, you’re right. But I’m also playing devils advocate.

My only view is you can tell those who rely solely on external sources energy system tends to be less developed as someone who works their own energy system because in turn it develops their system.

The problem with that is, without doing the basic work, you dont get the real guy. (I mean maybe you can but calculate the possibility mate)

1 Like

More like without doing the basic work you won’t even be able to hear, see, experience the being. What’s the point if you’re all senses blind?

2 Likes

I also mentioned that solitary work is difficult, and even in a group or under a master, you don’t know if you’re being scammed. Ideally, occultism should be taught and practiced at an academic level (perhaps as a field in philosophy or religion). But I know that people will have reservations about it.

Solitary isn’t difficult, it’s only difficult if your mentality is “I can’t get anywhere without a mentor” mentors and groups are fine once you have a foundation. I was solitary all of 9 years before I joined groups for the rest of my experiences which were then based on confirmations and SPG/research.

2 Likes
Darkness

FyYli72

Your threads are quite entertaining and some of my personal favorites. :ok_hand: :ok_hand:

This immediately popped into my mind:

https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/this-forum-is-the-reason-why-god-hates-us-and-caused-the-coronavirus-outbreak/102940/23

I vibe with this. I can’t speak much to practicing magic because I’m still very new to it and figuring all that out, but with some of the work I do in my profession I’ve found that resources who are more independent vs. relying heavily on a mentor/instructor are more likely to be successful and come up with unique solutions to complex problems. (Not always the case, but I’ve found this to be true in a lot of cases.)

3 Likes

No, definitely you don’t, but I’ve seen more experienced magickians doing exactly that without even considering what that could cause to the novice. Look for example most of the guides/rituals listed here. In how many have you seen a warning? And if you did, in how many have you seen in the comments people asking “I’m not experienced but can I do it too??” and they get a positive for an answer.

Yes and no. Sadly we don’t have anymore the old type of adepts. The ones that will guide you step by step from 0. The ones that will teach you the value of the things you might consider boring or unnecessary. At least I haven’t met anyone. But to be fair, pupils aren’t the same either. They want everything and they want it now. There’s no devotion to the art.

It’s up to your own judgement to distinguish who’s worth it and who’s not.
Imho, the right adept (I hate the word “master”) is the one who will guide you to be you and let you do yourself some things. I don’t consider myself an adept, and probably never will, but I wouldn’t like mini copies of me. I want people to follow their own path at the end, but for that they need strong bases.

For me, magick is just you.

I usually don’t ask for help from spirits, but when I asked in time of need (and desperation lol) a certain spirit to help with 2 things, he said he’ll do the one task but for the other he’ll guide me how to do it myself, because “you must rely on your own powers for the things you can do yourself”.

3 Likes

Mentors and groups are still very useful. A novice may not know where to begin, what is safe to use, if they’re missing something important, or if they’re protected or doing something correctly. You can learn a skill on your own, but teachers make it easier. Every novice, in any skill or subject, will have questions that, if not answered, can halt their confidence. And they’d probably prefer not to post it online.

If you haven’t noticed, I tend to have quite a bit.

I think you just lack confidence in your ability to grow on your own, asking questions on a forum where everyone can give their opinion isnt the same as begging for a mentor. A novice needs a solid foundation before trying to get mentors. Youre basically letting someone else tell you what to believe without a foundation.

That’s also a double edged sword with online communities it attracts people who dont want to put the work in and people who want a mentor to tell them what to do.

1 Like

A master doesn’t need to tell you what to believe, but can offer ideas or experiences.

1 Like

That’s what a forum does, you’re given a plethora of experiences. However you still need a foundation. Then again many people like being told what to believe and letting what someone experience be their experiences.

Forums also can attract some spiteful people, and it can be hard to manage what people say.

I’m not looking for someone to dictate what to believe, but potential manners to proceed.

1 Like

Newbies aren’t babies, they have common sense to shift through what they need, ask the questions they want to ask, and progress to build their own foundation. If you don’t have a foundation you do not need to be seeking a mentor and need to learn to use all available resources.

I say the most difficult thing about magic is actually working out what you really want. Ive said it for years, you want to be the best magician in the world win the lottery once so you never have to do it again and retire from magic. If everyone set out to do this we could very easily work out who are the best magicians by the amount of money they have won.

J

1 Like

From what i read, the companies usually block people from it. So if you try and remote view or look into the numbers, you will get fake numbers. Or, you may not even be able to see it at all.

Of course people would believe this… lol . the thought that your magic just sucks is too much to deal with now isn’t it. RESULTS not excuses…! With what I propose we have a real system with VISIBLE REAL RESULTS…! <-- why does no one do it ? AH well that’s a question…!

Look lets do a competition - we all enter the SAME money prize fund competition and use ‘magic’, our entries must be at least two days before the draw entering only ONCE, we post the evidence of our ONE entry here in the forum. The winner is the one that wins the MOST money in that competition. We do this ten times in any one year and the best magician on the forum (a gold badge or such) is the one who wins the MOST money over the year…!

J

1 Like

To get them to put the work into developing their senses, those cases are the few exceptions otherwise if it’s a blind newbie trying to summon the 72 goetia for something or ask for a “succubus lover” :roll_eyes: without being able to sense them, there’s many people who I have seen ask others to talk to their “succubus” or to [insert entity] for them because of their lack of development.

5 Likes

But they can also benefit as they can receive spiritual empowerments through their mentors.