Yoga Nidra vs. Theta/Gamma Sync

I wanted to report that I have been applying the asana you recommended for yin yoga. I haven’t noticed any emotional release yet but I have observed that the is a noticeable flow of energy through the microcosmic orbit, especially where it bridges from the palate to the tip of the tongue, very tingly.

Regular practice of Yin Yoga postures will open up the meridians and cause Prana/Qi to flow easier. Twenty minutes a day, five minutes a piece, of the four postures I noted should be enough. There will be emotional releases at a subtle level, mostly not really effecting you on a conscious level.

I have a friend who is a Tibetan Healer, initiated as a young monk in Tibet, but later escaping Tibet to India, and finally moving to the U.S. He practices something called Black Lotus Qi Gong. I don’t believe there is anything written down about the practice. It is similar to Chinese Qi Gong, but rather focuses on opening the Chakras instead of the meridians.

The practice includes postures similar to Yin Yoga, only the healer puts his weight on you in a certain way to cause serious pain. Instead of five minutes, like in Yin Yoga, he will hold you in a single pose for 15 - 20 minutes. At one point you will be sure that you have reached your pain threshold, and then he will push even harder. At the same time, his skin is so hot, it is like he is on fire, his body filled with an absolutely mind boggling amount of Prana, which he is pushing into you. Just when you think you cannot take the pain anymore, you will just surrender to it, and a particular Chakra will be pushed open. There is this huge release and the pain disappears, and you finally collapse the rest of the way, tears flowing, sobbing your heart out. Afterwards is so peaceful and you just want to sleep.

I mention this because Yin Yoga is doing something similar albeit on a more subtle level. You can get similar experiences, maybe not as intense, when you hold your poses longer periods, pushing yourself a little harder and practice for about 2-3 hours without a break. Your body should be exhibiting tremors at the end of the practice, releasing all kinds of unconscious trauma that may have been buried for years. Poses that target the hips can be especially beneficial, allowing the release of sexual guilt and shame that most children pick up unconsciously.

It is only humans that store this trauma. All other mammals release it immediately after a traumatic event through muscle twitching and tremors.

1 Like

Cool, I’m going to incorporate that yin yoga routine into daily practice. What can you say about ashtanga yoga? EA talks about it briefly in a few of his books and I’m thinking about enrolling in a beginners course at a school nearby that focus on it.

@Jakob420 , what binaural beat product do you use for scrying ?

I am currently writing a book on the darker aspects of Yoga and Tantra, focusing more on magic that is usually only revealed through initiation.

Yoga Nidra goes MUCH deeper than what I have presented here: specific mudras, pranayama and bandhas, working with Gods and Goddesses (Dakini, Rakini, etc.) concerning Chakra powers, perceiving and interacting with various Lokas, Invoking deities into body parts (Nyasa) for protection, psychic power, etc. with Mantra, secrets of Sankalpa, mind control and other practices.

I am seeking someone who has little exposure to these practices, is willing to learn the practices, and has the necessary discipline and dedication to see it through. Your questions and experiences will help me present these teachings in a digestible manner. I have never really taught beginners and tend to get too technical in Sanskrit terminology, as well as assuming fundamental knowledge in many areas.

This is why I really appreciate E.A.'s writings; since you can take his books and start practicing immediately without heavy research. I hope to do the same, only for Tantric Magic.

1 Like

@Bitteroot would these tantra practices interfere with other practices ? For example over the next few months I will be getting into Baneful magic . I am interested in the mind control and psychic powers . I have never done yoga but am willing to do the exercises if I am able to do them .

@bitterrroot count me in as ur student…I do have a general idea on yoga,tantra nd hindu philosophy in general theory nd would really like to know more from u…thnx

" the Buddhist Jhannas or what the Tantrics call Mahamudra. The Mahamudra/Dzogchen is meditations that come at the end of all the “evocations” of using the mandala rituals, which if you read the texts are really evocations."

Good stuff!!! Being a Jhana practitioner myself, I can tell you that when one does experience absorption, one is in a completely relaxed but in fully aware state. IMHO, I know for myself, the more relaxed “I” am - my physical body, my thoughts, my mind stream etc., the more I’m open to allow of an experience.

This is a fascinating topic all! I know in Buddhist circles that in the Kagyu tradition of Tibetan Buddhism, Mahamudra “The Great Seal” is that traditions crowning jewel! In the Bon Tradition of Tibet (specifically Yung-Drung Bon) Dzochen is that traditions crowning jewel as well as in the Niyingma school. Be VERY careful with these meditation practices! Only because from my own personal experience and many others in these traditions, that the mentioned above are Insight practices, as opposed to Concentration practices. The difference you ask? Usually Insight is taught first in these schools, THEN, Concentration i.e, breath work/relaxation. This can cause split personalities and bring up mental disturbances for the practitoner too fast.

I learned Dzochen 1st at The Bon Temple in my hometown, didn’t personally get great results myself. Did a shit-ton of research, THEN, finally found a laid back group of extremely expereinced practitoners/former ordained monks and monks to learn the "other’ method which was Concentration first, THEN, insight.

My method & schools:

Thai Forest Traditon of Theravada Buddhism and Burmese Vipassana Schools

1. I first learned Anapannasati. Master the breath/body first!
  2. The Jhanas. Master the breath/mind and release the mind second!
  3. Vipassana. Gather the energy and through EXTREME but RELAXED focus…pierce the veil of material & immaterial Reality!

BTW, no, I’m not enlightened yet…heehee.

Again all, IMHO these practices are CRUCIAL for any practitoner. I’m just ahsring my expereince…of course, others may benefit from learning Insight practices first.

Just my 3 cents :slight_smile:

1 Like

Dear Bitterroot:

Concerning Yin-Yoga & Yoga. Were you using any of the Mantak Chia materials for Yin? I JUST signed up for Iyengar Yoga in hopes of re-aligning my sacrum and back (scoliosis). Any thoughts on Iyengar yoga friend?

I believe I saw you mention the “Darker Aspects” of Tantra…Tantra Magick??? Hells-2-Tha-YES!!! I’ve tried to research this area and there is hardly anything that I can find.

Bitterroot: You mentioned you had or would be creating some mp3s to share here - have you gotten to that yet?

I have been very busy this last few weeks. I finally have a weekend to myself and plan on putting up an mp3 for everyone by Sunday evening at the latest.

Thanks for the reminder, redcircle.

Is there a possibility to continue this threat?
I am interested in yoga nidra and would like to ask: What to look out for in a serious school.

Complete Yoga Nidra

Yoga Nidra for Sleep