Yep, this is real

There seems to be several beginners like myself here and wanted to share some encouragement with them. Although some smaller things have happened to me, tonight was the first earth shaking experience I’ve had. I did have something pretty amazing happen a few days ago, but tonight shook me to my core.

Some thoughts of, “I’m not completely sold on this being real,” etc. have slipped in my head over the last couple months. Tonight, I am sure the powers of darkness are most definitely real! I am 100% certain.

BTW, this is not coming from a teenager living in his mom’s basement. I am a well-respected business man in my community that no one would ever expect is taking this path.

I was doing an exercise detailed in Works of Darkness, around page 40, where you visualize the darkness around you during meditation. Koetting talks about this being a frightening and awesome experience at the same time:

“Once you have endured at least five minutes of the anguish and the ecstasy of the experience, it should be utterly unbearable to remain, yet even more torturous to leave the darkness.”

I was trying to visualize the darkness surrounding me. Not much was really happening except for me being relaxed and just kind-of trying to do what Koetting said. All of a sudden I was literally gripped by a power. It was like something took hold of me on my entire body, every square inch of my skin, penetrating me and this power was running through my veins. I did not freak out (too bad) in my mind but my body was just simply overloaded. I remember asking in my mind, “how am I doing.” I thought my heart was going to explode! I did all I could to remain in this presence as long as I could, but I probably only made it to a minute. I said, “I’m going to have to leave, I’m sorry.” I opened my eyes and felt like I was raising up in an elevator back to reality. My hands were shaking. All I could do was sit there and laugh to myself. It was AMAZING!

What gets me most, is I ABSOLUTELY did not work myself up into this state. I was just relaxing and the darkness just grabbed me.

20+ years as a believer in church, 5 years out of church, 5 years back reluctantly, 5 years back in church not giving a shit. Nothing. 1 of Koettings books and few minutes. WOW!!! I can’t wait to wield and harness this amazing power!

To those who haven’t experienced anything yet, keep trying. And mentally prepare yourself not to freak out when it happens. Really, it takes a pretty sound mind to not lose your sanity when this actually takes hold of you and you experience it. I have a LONG way to go!

You ain’t seen nothing yet :wink:

Yeah first time i saw a ball playing basketball alone i did freaked out for at least a month thinking i was getting nuts…lol

Yeah, I had that distinct feeling in my head when this was over. To further my explanation for those who have experienced nothing yet, this was totally overwhelming for me but I felt like it was pretty much nothing more than a handshake. Like the forces of darkness now see me and I’ve met them, but just briefly. And just this (like I said) totally shook me to my core.

Also, it did feel like my first real rite of passage though, at the same time.

I woke up this morning and before I knew I was awake, I was thinking about it.

Thanks for sharing, Bill. Recently I’ve been trying to become more pro-active in my meditation, and hearing stories like this is really encouraging. Sounds like you just hit the tip of the iceberg, please do keep us updated!

Good for you Bill. If you only knew what a monumental achievement you have just made you would be floored. Belief is the first step to real success in this game. Now I am not just talking about some half ass judeo christian type of belief but truly believing in this 100% in you heart and soul. It sounds simple but it is actually the hardest part of the entire adventure. All the ritual involved in magic is simply there to create a mind-state of belief. Most of it doesn’t really matter it is just for show. As you skills start to progress you will soon realize that all you need is your mind. You are at the tip of the sword my friend.

You bring up an interesting point, that most of ritual is just for show. I have thought this since day one. I just cannot wrap my head around these powerful entities really caring about a ritual dagger, chalice, altar, cirlce, triangle, robe, etc. etc. It just makes less than no sense to me. About like the embellishments in a Catholic service. And with what little I have experienced so far, a cirlce of salt or whatever is not going to protect you from demons if you think it is not going to protect you. I think if you can control any fears (who can say they have ZERO fear?) when attempting contact, that may be what really matters. For now, my rituals are consisting of some candles and scrying mirror. Even though I have purchased many other items and have them on hand. At this point, they seem like BS to me. But, I am a beginner… so what do I know?

Any comments on that?

Keep up the meditations, when you start to become comfortable in this meditation for longer periods try communicating with the darkness. It’s more real than you think and can and will test you.

Interesting discoveries- good luck.
One thing i see many mentions of is As If the “only” impact of items used is psychological, and if the Science has been lost, that may be… but I wouldn’t jump to the conclusion that there is nothing to it.

-a major key, Magick being more Mystically leaning (psychological/energetic states), but I believe an aspect worth researching and considering what contribution Forms, an energetic Pattern supports give
(maybe not that much, but perhaps if used in just the right way: just as randomly wiring up electronics won’t likely give a “radio” that works, but with the right info-design, radio, computer, etc.) As an often used (even on this forum) example, Salt…
in the same posts that many mention “banishings” (which I think in most cases are ways of saying/shouting Leave… and most feel unwelcome and go- but those that don’t want to, affected by “words”?)… but in thoughts about imagine light, and think good feelings, there is often reference to Salt. Either in crystalline form (toss some salt, then sweep/vacuum it) or dissolved in water (flick-sprinkle)

… and IF that has impact purely as a result of its Material Basis (and that not Also Psychological only- placebo, ie if no Human was watching, no affect?) But if it has an impact (like a Magnet sitting has a field, like Crystals can absorb and store Energy? perhaps dis-integrating E-fields? rock/quartz or Salt- crystals… perhaps Copper (gold/silver) per the electrical (thus EM-radio) and perhaps other aspects of light-photons to the structure of the Element… maybe even Colors, having an effect (sounds- single Tones, or melody-seq layers, shapes/proportion).
Or even Incense- scents as well as “suspended particles” from the burnt; although all these (especially the last) I haven’t found to have any material affect of the “openly published” associations (yes there is 777 extracts “plagerized” or Adaptations… as well as all the stories)… but if we have lost the science of what has affects, doesn’t mean if it was known it couldn’t be quite impactful (buried in some Artes there are some hints of these I’ve seen).

I would say such a use of a “tool” (designed in a certain way, colored, with symbols, as well as “Consecrated”)- should have as extreme and noticable an affect as whether, or not, an Entity shows up. -I would think it should be as clear, not just “it may help things/sounds good”

Or a more related example, if creating a space using certain colors and designs in particular directions/patterns, incenses, etc. creates as Strong a reaction as Bill’s above well described exper with the Dark from the Vision-exer… summoning… (and more so than just an Emotional-Exper, Benefits from the exper- one should have a noticable change in one’s abilities in the art… which I just mention in terms of judging how such Art-ifacts / Tools are Working or not).

I hope that didn’t seem a rant- just inspired a response related to a subject I see is often muddled or shut down by confusing the issue… to reference -TWF-'s above comment, much in this subject isn’t real, but there are things that are Real, and it can and will Reveal AND Test one.

I wonder does this all mentioning of magical ritual actually being just a “mind trick” to get you into a right mood, harm us in a way that when we do this trick - we are thinking “oh this is just for getting me in the mood” I hope it actually does matter, so the confusion that now comes about thinking “is this necessary/real or not” will be gone by its influence :smiley:

All entities are simply different currents of energy you are plugging yourself into. The do not have eyes, ears, mouths or noses. They have no senses at all. They project themselves as you project them in your mind. That is not to say that these energies can’t influence your mind to project them a certain way. But they are strictly working off of your observations. Essentially you become there eyes and ears. This is a difficult concept for most to accept.

You bring up an interesting point, that most of ritual is just for show. I have thought this since day one. I just cannot wrap my head around these powerful entities really caring about a ritual dagger, chalice, altar, cirlce, triangle, robe, etc. etc. It just makes less than no sense to me. About like the embellishments in a Catholic service. And with what little I have experienced so far, a cirlce of salt or whatever is not going to protect you from demons if you think it is not going to protect you. I think if you can control any fears (who can say they have ZERO fear?) when attempting contact, that may be what really matters. For now, my rituals are consisting of some candles and scrying mirror. Even though I have purchased many other items and have them on hand. At this point, they seem like BS to me. But, I am a beginner… so what do I know?

Any comments on that?[/quote]

You are very right in your thinking. Many tools are useful most of them being elemental tools. It was more the elaborate ritual aspects that I was referring to. Most other tools simply empower the practitioners imagination. And since the mind and imagination is the most powerful tool of all for some this can be an absolutely key element in the success of an operation. For others it is not needed at all.

[quote=“taokua, post:9, topic:1604”]Interesting discoveries- good luck.
One thing i see many mentions of is As If the “only” impact of items used is psychological, and if the Science has been lost, that may be… but I wouldn’t jump to the conclusion that there is nothing to it.

-a major key, Magick being more Mystically leaning (psychological/energetic states), but I believe an aspect worth researching and considering what contribution Forms, an energetic Pattern supports give
(maybe not that much, but perhaps if used in just the right way: just as randomly wiring up electronics won’t likely give a “radio” that works, but with the right info-design, radio, computer, etc.) As an often used (even on this forum) example, Salt…
in the same posts that many mention “banishings” (which I think in most cases are ways of saying/shouting Leave… and most feel unwelcome and go- but those that don’t want to, affected by “words”?)… but in thoughts about imagine light, and think good feelings, there is often reference to Salt. Either in crystalline form (toss some salt, then sweep/vacuum it) or dissolved in water (flick-sprinkle)

… and IF that has impact purely as a result of its Material Basis (and that not Also Psychological only- placebo, ie if no Human was watching, no affect?) But if it has an impact (like a Magnet sitting has a field, like Crystals can absorb and store Energy? perhaps dis-integrating E-fields? rock/quartz or Salt- crystals… perhaps Copper (gold/silver) per the electrical (thus EM-radio) and perhaps other aspects of light-photons to the structure of the Element… maybe even Colors, having an effect (sounds- single Tones, or melody-seq layers, shapes/proportion).
Or even Incense- scents as well as “suspended particles” from the burnt; although all these (especially the last) I haven’t found to have any material affect of the “openly published” associations (yes there is 777 extracts “plagerized” or Adaptations… as well as all the stories)… but if we have lost the science of what has affects, doesn’t mean if it was known it couldn’t be quite impactful (buried in some Artes there are some hints of these I’ve seen).

I would say such a use of a “tool” (designed in a certain way, colored, with symbols, as well as “Consecrated”)- should have as extreme and noticable an affect as whether, or not, an Entity shows up. -I would think it should be as clear, not just “it may help things/sounds good”

Or a more related example, if creating a space using certain colors and designs in particular directions/patterns, incenses, etc. creates as Strong a reaction as Bill’s above well described exper with the Dark from the Vision-exer… summoning… (and more so than just an Emotional-Exper, Benefits from the exper- one should have a noticable change in one’s abilities in the art… which I just mention in terms of judging how such Art-ifacts / Tools are Working or not).

I hope that didn’t seem a rant- just inspired a response related to a subject I see is often muddled or shut down by confusing the issue… to reference -TWF-'s above comment, much in this subject isn’t real, but there are things that are Real, and it can and will Reveal AND Test one.[/quote]

as PHORBABOR wrote above, < < It was more the elaborate ritual aspects that I was referring to. Most other tools simply empower the practitioners imagination. > >

Indeed, actually I'd say that nearly all the Published ceremonial-tools instructions are actually only empowering one's own mind-state (and perhaps at the more effective, empowering ones Enegetic presence and enabling your Context, "saying it is ok to do XYZ")   

some feel that such tools can objectively act, more than just a person’s assoc (placebo/authority? dealing more with the Subcon and Social-CulturalMatrix this can be signif) but compare to this if a technique had been developed (fdbk others experienced… with the most fundamental being the salt ex (each piece only included in the Recipe if it just sitting there has a sensed affect, then combine… not to say via some equip or “skeptic” this would still be suggestible, but for instance:

'Elemental'weapons shouldn't be touched by Others, as the energy expands into them so it affects as if part of your Mind_energy stays in a certain manner...  another touches, it becomes mixed with their energy (even "touch" with mind-attn) if keep secret: then it is more an application of <anchoring a state> ie just able to jump back in faster..   VS give someThing to another with no explanation, and they feel a new Qual activating(?)

[like the idea one can walk into a Kitchen and make any sort of Meal without Recipes, let alone with a Recipe but not the Experience of a Master-Chef. But if have an Ingredient list, the “approp” equip with Recipe, guidance… and yet a Recipe could be a random listing, so just as it is “known as” a recipe doesn’t totally mean it is something a MasterChef’s kitchen (restaurant/menu) would Offer.]

Most of all is the UnderStanding of how someone that would use that recipe would see it, that seems the biggest impact to me- how often we say (in so many contexts) once we understand and “get” something we see it in a new-diff-expanded way… more than someone starting out would interpret it…
(ie if I new then what I know now; and also If you read what is being described one would assume-interp it would be like ABC, but really that’s not it). etc. I hope this adds something