Yahweh and all mess in the old testament

I know this book is full of bs but still, it’s enjoyable to talk about what shit Judaism and etc is based on and what do they believe. I’m not taking that book into my hands I think I would just rip it and set it on fire so I will talk from what I saw and heard around. So it basically shows that almost the only evil spirit in there is, guess who, Yahweh since it was the one only punishing and punishing the human race.
I would love to hear others’ opinions about this, Telling who is evil or good in this mess and giving an example. Good luck :wink:

1 Like

Judaism is pretty interesting as they went from polytheism to henotheism if I remember correctly when Yahweh became their chief deity, while acknowledging the existence of his wife and family which later became monotheism lol.

2 Likes

It is an interesting subject to examine through Judaism as it is a system ultimately built through countless authors (and ultimately books, as that is ultimately what the old testament is, a library of texts written by multiple authors. There are also a number of other texts such as the Talmud that also contributed to the culture). In the early texts, what was a source of good and evil was not considered important. With the medieval period, the idea of God being the source of both was tossed around and one (i emphasize one) more modern idea that ultimately good and evil come from people through their choices and relationship with people, not necessarily a deity or chief spirit.

So, it seems to be a matter of interpretation as far as Judaism goes as opposed to a clear cut answer.

5 Likes

In part that is because the early Jews did not have a moralistic concept of ‘Good’ and ‘Evil’, that dualistic concept was an influence from the Zoroastrians.
You find many allusions to child sacrifice in the texts of the bible that are directed to YHWH because other Semitic cultures and forms of paganism accepted child sacrifice, but authors had a mixed view on it.

2 Likes

I can’t even get rid of it xD

The Old Testament is the historical and ideological source of the ancient Jews, in which they described their ideology and relations with other nations.

Their beliefs are based both on their own polytheistic beliefs and on the beliefs of other nations around them (but, naturally, it all went through a long and interesting transformation).

In fact, Yahweh in the Old Testament represents justice in the way in which the ancient Jews saw it. But for us it already seems like something “wild” and “unacceptable”. The concept of good and evil as a whole is flexible, since under “evil” both certain peoples and their gods could act for the ancient Jews.

2 Likes

I agree that Judaism is a very interesting religion, especially the Kabbalah.

Clearly, it was based on the Babylonian mysteries and to a lesser extent, the Egyptian ones. In that sense, it is one of the very few living religions that can trace its roots back to the very beginnings of human civilisation and organised religion. If you trace back the history and how it has changed over the millennia, you can sort of observe the change in human consciousness, how polytheism became monotheism and that sort of thing.

2 Likes

Judaism looks more like a very trash religion not as interesting as some speak, a lot of stuff stolen from older religions. Like laws from the Code of Hammurabi, where Sumerian Sun God Shamash gave the tablet of the laws. And later turning the same Shamash into what we have today Azazel.
And the same Flood story, that has been taken from Gilgamesh. This story predicted the abrahamic account over 1,000 years maybe even more. That talks about the god “Enlil”, which has also been rewritten by them, by now having the “Beelzebub”, God of Philistines just demonised by them.

3 Likes

But anyways I should be talking about demonisation in my other topic - https://forum.becomealivinggod.com/t/gods-getting-demonised-by-christians/137842?u=mar

That would be true of most religions out there. The Romans and Greeks were certainly as guilty of it as anyone else, as were the Christians, Hindus and Buddhists.

The Romans stole from the Greeks, who stole from the Babylonians and Egyptians, who stole from Assyrians, who stole from the Sumerians, etc…

4 Likes

Well yes kind of, but you see the real problem I’m having with this religion is that it’s very aggressive actually, lets take polytheistic religions, it’s more like merging when they interact with other ones and so on, but yeah indeed some were too aggressive to merge but it still affected them in some way, adding things.
But when we have abrahamic religions, these are aggressively monotheistic, pushing out anything around just trying to erase deities and steal other religions’ stories.

2 Likes

One must ask the question: what, in fact, provokes the “aggressiveness” of such religions? There are always social, political and economic reasons behind this. And, of course, the historical realities that contributed to their emergence. The formation of monotheistic religions, one might say, was a “requirement of the times” and developed on the prepared soil. After all, there are no consequences without causes. And this had both positive and negative consequences (history is generally a very ambiguous thing for assessments).

Hmm is it not because of such religions that humankind was having a hard time improving scientifically, because of their own fear of knowledge that they mostly called witchcraft, the work of the “deviiiillllll” ??? Well yeah maybe it helped to control the people more, but I still think it’s trash because of how much it fucks with the spiritual development.

These religions, like everything else, transform over time, acquire new meanings. If we take Christianity, then initially it was the religion of the oppressed and slaves. But, having become a religion of world significance, naturally, it has already acquired a new status, meaning and opportunities. Monotheistic religions, and religions in general, are always a difficult complex that was influenced by both the factors I have mentioned and certain individuals.

One can argue endlessly about the negative consequences of Christianity or other monotheistic religions on human society, but I prefer to look at its meaning and influence from different angles and points of view.

Religion is only a reflection of humanity. Every god and spirit we have record of is just a reflection of those many that interact with them. It is not the spirits or gods writing the records or books it is the people that are writing their perceptions and the reflections of themselves in those perceptions.

TheOld Testament at least the one of the Hebrew Bible is quite powerful and contains a good deal of good information in its original form but it is mostly in ciphers. For instance it contains the names of 72 angels and the keys to summon and command them and many other secrets. To judge a conception of a god that was never meant to be a anthropomorphic god is a bit foolish when you should instead judge the humanity behind it. Don’t discount a useful tool just because of how others put it to use.

Where the hell is that even written in that dusty book?

I believe the book of Exodus. Each Psalm has in it the name of the angel taken from I believe the first letter of each line which when you go through gives you the 72 angels of the Shemhamphorash which is why each angel of that order uses a specific psalm to conjure them. The names of God are themselves keys to different powers you can take upon yourself and assume or command externally. The psalms and passages alone when read in Hebrew possess different effects on reality when properly spoken and utilized mentally. It is one of those languages that can code reality fairly easily without training the mind to utilize the inner powers within yourself which makes it perfect for enhancing your work or awakening further powers in yourself to expand your consciousness even further.

The names of the 72 angels are based on the 72 names of god, which was extracted from the Hebrew of Exodeus 14:19-21, if i recall correctly. It is a similiar practice to my current work (the 42 letter name of god extracted from the kabbalahist prayer and the hidden names of gensis, which comes from gensis 1:1-4)

2 Likes

ehh there are other good energies that give really good power.

What is aggressive about Judaism?

They don’t proselytize like Christians or Muslims do and mostly keep to themselves. Sure, they’re exclusionary, but so are Hindus for instance.

If you want aggressive, Christianity and Islam would certainly fit the bill, but Judaism? Hardly.

1 Like