Written sigils

I’ve had this on my mind for a while. I like to write in my free time, often with other people and make up stories with usually predetermined characters. There is a certain character I very much like and I would be more like him, characteristically, spiritually and materially. Basically someone I’d love to be and live his life.

Then I remembered seeing an occult comic, which seems to be offline now days, where the author turned the main character into a sigil to bring him good fortune. To me it looked like an ever moving, living sigil, powered by previous and new desires. So far every sigil tutorial I’ve seen mostly consisted of drawing a circle and drawing something inside and seeing that comic was something new for me.

I never was good with art, sculpting, painting or anything related to that. I can’t draw a sigil that I would consider personal, filled with desires or even something I could look at and be proud to have invested an effort in. Because of these reasons I never got into sigil magic and I disregarded it completely. Writing however is something I’m actually good at and I’d love to try and create a written sigil. The only question is how to do it properly and effectively? I know next to nothing when it comes to sigil magic so anything helps!

Look into “Hypersigils” and the different models ov Chaos Magick. :slight_smile:

[quote=“yaldaba0th, post:1, topic:4792”]I’ve had this on my mind for a while. I like to write in my free time, often with other people and make up stories with usually predetermined characters. There is a certain character I very much like and I would be more like him, characteristically, spiritually and materially. Basically someone I’d love to be and live his life.

Then I remembered seeing an occult comic, which seems to be offline now days, where the author turned the main character into a sigil to bring him good fortune. To me it looked like an ever moving, living sigil, powered by previous and new desires. So far every sigil tutorial I’ve seen mostly consisted of drawing a circle and drawing something inside and seeing that comic was something new for me.

I never was good with art, sculpting, painting or anything related to that. I can’t draw a sigil that I would consider personal, filled with desires or even something I could look at and be proud to have invested an effort in. Because of these reasons I never got into sigil magic and I disregarded it completely. Writing however is something I’m actually good at and I’d love to try and create a written sigil. The only question is how to do it properly and effectively? I know next to nothing when it comes to sigil magic so anything helps![/quote]

Have you looked at Jake Stratton-Kent’s “Wakanaba” methods of producing Sigils, Magick grids and invocations using the Wakanaba magickal language? All based on NAEQ Cipher 6. See [url=http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Serpent-Tongue-Liber-187/dp/1907881077]http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Serpent-Tongue-Liber-187/dp/1907881077[/url]

Very useful and many and varied applications.

I use it to prepare spirit invocation scripts in my evocation work.

Thank you both for your replies, I believe that hypersigils are exactly what I was thinking about! I haven’t read many books on the occult, I’ll try to get the one mentioned above if I can.

From what I’ve gathered about sigils and hypersigils I was thinking about how exactly I would do this. My idea was to first of all see if I can meditate on the character and the stories written about him and see if I can connect them to whatever else I create, perhaps even connect it to coauthors if I can. As for powering up the sigil I suppose creating additional content will help? Should I try to link new content to him whenever I create it or will that not be necessary so long as I know that it’s done for empowerment? The other idea I had for empowering was treating the character as a living being, attempt to converse with him as one would with Alister’s guardian angel and perhaps even engage in some worship and see where it takes me.

Check out The Invisibles comic by Grant Morrison. It is a hypersigil that recreated his life as he was writing it.

Also check out the writings of Taylor Elwood. He mentions using writing to manipulate reality in his book Internal Alchemy, I think.