Wow... What a mess

I love occult forums.
But spending my time reading them, I realize that occult is a personal point of view.
I mean: let’s take Satan, for exemple:
It’s a force, it is a psychological archetype, He is a sentient being, He is the same of Lucifer… No, Lucifer and Satan are two different beings…
How is possible that people that are involved in occult have so many point of views regarding the same thing?
It’s hard for me to understand this…

Thanks

5 Likes

The way I see it is the world is always changing one second hell is real and the next it’s a concept of your mind.

That being said some people believe that spirits are just your own self communicating with you.

It’s hard to explain but your experience with one spirit can and may be drastically different from someone else’s.

5 Likes

I always looked at it like it was The Uncertainty Principle with photons. The photon does not take one path to its destination. It is simultaneously a particle and a wave. I start there when incomprehensible cosmic and demonic forces can’t be agreed on.

7 Likes

“We all swim in different oceans but it all leads to the same shore”

4 Likes

Lucifer and Satan are the same, according to the Temple of the Black Light

3 Likes

It’s funny; I figure they’re the same . . . but one mask carries a different weight than the other.

2 Likes

It’s my belief that we each are the rulers of our universes. Spirit (the Universal Spirit) manifests itself in us. And we have manifested entities which unlock aspects of our superconscious mind that we would be otherwise incapable of reaching.

So, I evoke Raphael to heal my broken leg, what I’m doing is manifesting whichever aspect of my superconscious that Raphael represents and I am healing my leg.

And so, because each entity only exists as an aspect of my superconscious mind, they are going to react how I expect them too. For example, when I evoke an angel they always appear in armor, with a sword, and wings. Others see different images. The Lucifer that I evoke and the Lucifer that you evoke are not the same entity.

There may be overlap because of course you heard about Lucifer from someone who spoke to you about him, and so you expect a certain experience.

Does that make sense? Any questions?

2 Likes

But is there a “general reality/universe”?

2 Likes

Each of us exists in our own universe where we alone have perspective. I know that I think, because I am myself, but I cannot prove that you think, therefore I am the only truly real existence in my own universe and the rest of you are a part of my experience.

Think of it like the many world’s theory of quantum mechanics, except instead of every action creating multiple universes every time the Universal Spirit fills a new consciousness, it splits into its own universe.

We each manifest our own creation in a true sense. It would take a powerful will but you could manifest that all equestrians suddenly had wings and ride your own Pegasus through the skies. Nothing is impossible, it only takes massive will.

Does that make sense? Any questions?

When I’m trying to explain these complicated transcendent qualities of reality I always feel that I could do a better job.

3 Likes

But we’re real tho right? I’m not somehow subconsciously making you up?

1 Like

On the note of Satan and Lucifer, I believe they’re separate.

2 Likes

In your universe I am a part of your perception, so I exist but I’m not real. Likewise in mine.

2 Likes

So then what’s the point of living if nothing’s real ?

I would agree with Nagathex, Satan and Lucifer are completely different pantheon. Satan is the result of Zoroastrianism influence on Judaism and is basically a Hebrew Ahriman. And Lucifer is the Roman God of the Morning Star, he goes by Heosphoros in the Greek pantheon.

2 Likes

Watch this cutscene. It’s a perfect example.

2 Likes

To allow the Universal Spirit to continue to experience novelty.

In one reality, I’m this, in another I’m ashtkerr, and in a completely different one, I’m you. They all intersect in one perfectly known place: death.

1 Like

Meh imma just live and not think about it :joy:

1 Like

Occultism is very individualistic. This means all interpretations will be slightly different per person. I guess part of it has to do with mentality, another emotional feeling and yet another with experience. I, for example, never saw Satan as one person. Satan has assumed many forms in the past and with different names, as both angel and demon and in reference of comparison. This lead me to think of Satan as a concept and label roughly corresponding to thought, exploration, individuality, ideal self and duality. Lucifer is not the same as Satan, rather an archetype of the Satanic personality type. I drew these conclusions based on observations and experience, as well as spiritual presences. Someone is free to disagree with me because they have a different brain that understands things differently with a different feeling surrounding Satan and the world in general. And I can respect that even though I don’t see eye to eye with them.

All rivers lead to the ocean. It doesn’t matter which one you hop into as long as you reach your destination.

4 Likes

But I will fight against merging with and disappearing in that ocean. That’s what our path and my destiny are about.

OUA.

3 Likes