Working with Other Currents

My father’s family is originally from Spain and my mother’s is totally Western French and Basque, then part Scottish. (thus English) So for a long time I’ve been fascinated by the folklore and witchcraft of the different Gaelic heritages. Since discovering this current of Ahriman, my alchemical pathworking will be dedicated toward this current. The Book mentions this current being separate from all Earth’s gods because is deals with universal essence and not just names/faces. I got thinking about E.A. Koetting discussing subjective synthesis – Immersing oneself in a system fully and completely then moving on, ultimately further strengthening the magician.

So my question is, could I fully engage in this expansive folkloric witchcraft (Satanic) current without it permeating or halting my progress with the Daeva current? Or would it actually enhance my progress since I’d be using it as a vehicle for my own power. Reason is, I was actually gonna set up another shrine for that type of work.

7 Likes

I work with ancestral gods and spirits and never found that my work with Ahriman or Zohak clashed with this, it seems like an antidote (among other things) to the monotheistic crud of the slave religions from the middle east.

Just my 2¢, ahead of Kurtis having a more in-depth opinion, I worked with this for far less time and have had to postpone picking it up again because some other work’s come up.

5 Likes

That was kinda my thought before I chose to write this topic. Satan is draconian and serpentine, thus is really just a Phoenician & European offshoot of the Adversarial current so I figured it wouldn’t really interfere. But I was actually considering setting up a shrine somewhere. So I was iffy on having both a Div temple and a satanic shrine in the house or even the same room.

4 Likes

That would definitely be one for Kurtis to answer IMO.

1 Like

Yes. The answer has to do with the qualities of the energies themselves. For one, as you mentioned, they work with separate presentations- one with spirits, the other with “universal essence”. Second, folk craft usually revolves around the natural esoteric qualities of objects, so unless you have something like Yemaya laying around in your house, just sitting in that pepper shaker, you ought to be fine.

What works for me is the reverse- analyze as many currents and systems as I can, and when I’m familiar with the energies behind them, I employ the currents as necessary.

That depends entirely on what you intend to do with the folk craft, then.

I don’t recommend trying to use it to increase your power, as there’s always an element of unknown qualities that can be attached to your materials. The Ahrimanic current will help you enough in that regard, no reason to throw in a threshold for unknown variables to cross over into you.

Careful with your adjectives, lest you confuse yourself. Satan is a pretty far cry from draconian, but he fits serpentine like the slipper at the ball. While one could argue they refer to the same thing, dragon energy and serpent energy are quite different from one another, despite one being the evolution of the other.

Use the Ahrimanic current to enhance and test yourself. Use the folk craft for day-to-day concerns, or as the vehicle of manifestation, as it is largely reliant on your own power anyway.

6 Likes

Well now, thank you very much. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This came up on the BMOA facebook group earlier this month on the post kurtis made regarding smaller alter urns.

1 Like

This current is compatible with other currents yes. Your concern likely lies in the philosophy or ideology of joining the war of the Gods as a God. Becoming an enemy of all gods outside of self. This refers to Gods of the false light. I have many temples set up for various currents.

4 Likes

Awesome, thanks. Really like the artwork above the altar. :wink:

1 Like

If you feel drawn to a specific current… then the Gods are not “outside of self”. They dwell in your heart, mind and soul. The Ahrimanian current is about expansion of consciousness. This does not occur through self imposed limitation my friend. Explore your spiritual essence.

9 Likes

The above shrine is actually an altar of prayer and devotion. “God forbid a black magickian perform such godfull acts”! I find great balance this way. Most people cannot be trusted. Patron Gods can be trusted. They listen. They are a part of you even if looked at as external forces.

8 Likes

I enjoy the EXTREME effort of carving the sigils and seals by hand regarding the Primal current. This kind of work and devotion connects you to the Gods and current in deep ways. The “work” of any current should be enjoyable and productive… a means of self expression.

10 Likes