Working with Calea Zacatechichi

I’ve been experimenting with this herb in liquid form for a few weeks now, and the results have been mixed. The first few times I used it, I did experience more vivid dreams and better recall, but it rapidly lost its potency. It doesn’t seem to be something you can take every night.

Secondly, while it did increase my ability to lucid dream, I find the quality lacking to when I do it without any herbal aide. My lucidity doesn’t last nearly as long, and I haven’t been able to project out of these states. Sessions of meditation before bed help to increase results, but that’s the case for me with or without the Calea.

I have heard from others that waking up a few hours after sleeping and then taking some dramatically affects the results. The only problem? This stuff tastes like ass, and it burns if you hold it under your tongue (which you’re supposed to). I’m talking like drinking entire glasses of water to get the taste out of your mouth. I’m still planning on trying it this way, I just hope the utter terribleness doesn’t wake me up completely. Regardless, I feel like I can’t give a proper review unless I utilize it in it’s most effective form.

Does anyone else have experience with this? Is there anything else I can do to optimize its performance?