Woods

Hi folks!

Many friends of mine, involved in occult, are telling me to go in the woods during the night time, but they don’t explain me why…
Could you tell me what happen?

2 Likes

Are they telling you to go somewhere specific in the woods or just woods in general?

1 Like

Well there’s a few possibilities.

1. They are spitting imagery at you that sounds all mystical and magickal to sound cool and legit. 

2. They might be planning a prank on you. 

3. There could be an entity that is known to dwell in forests seeking your attention and reaching out to you through them instead of talking to you directly.....for some reason..... perhaps there are signs that you haven't noticed if this is indeed the case. 

4. They could sense that you need to center yourself and being in the woods at night would lessen the amount of noise that we are accustomed to in the 21st century that could interefere with keeping ourselves centered. 

5. There is a spirit around you that is leading you to the woods to mess with you and your buddies are ending up helping. 

6. You want to do some sort of ritual in that sort of environment somewhere in your mind and you feel like now is a good time to do it and your friends are picking up on that. 

These are what come to mind to me.

Anything in particular that you think it is? Have you done any Divination on the subject?

3 Likes

Wood in general

To do what?

2 Likes

Ask Cernunnos.

3 Likes

Then it’s probably 3. 4. or 6. of the answers @JezebelleMoon posted.

2 Likes

Meditation and ritual

1 Like

Cernonus isn’t a bad bet given the imagery as @Myrddin said.

1 Like

I am a long time camper and have spent many nights in the woods both alone and with others. There is something deeply healing about spending time out in wild nature. And especially out in nature alone at night.

So if you aren’t used to being in the woods alone at night, do a little research to be safe. You’ll want to go somewhere that isn’t frequented by rowdy partiers. Also what type of wild animals are in the woods where you’ll go. I live in black bear country, so a candy bar in a tent with me is never a good idea. Also be safe regarding insects which change depending where you are going. Deer ticks = Lymes disease. In the US south east there are chiggars which are fuckiing annoying little beasts. A good bug spray with at least 10% DEET is good for both those bugs. Consider a hammock instead of a tent. Eagle Nest Outfitters (ENO) has some really good ones for cheap. Be safe tell people where your going. Blessed be

4 Likes

@Vovin

There’s a very simple explanation. It’s good to feel the difference between performing rituals in open space and your indoor altar.
Many magicians prefer to do rituals in the woods, the energies are different and maybe you are going to like it, too. It’s important to be relaxed, to find a place where you won’t be disturbed. That’s all :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you, guys!

1 Like

These are just my own musings: There is less interference from things like electronics and industry, and no human psychic interference. If you are going to encounter a random nature spirit then it is more likely to happen in the woods. There is also a certain psychological factor of liberation when you are alone in the woods with nobody to hear or view you.

But as for nightime, I am at a loss. The factors that make the witching hour significant are pretty much present throughout the entire day in the right forest. The only real difference I can think of is the sun.

1 Like

Night time heightens the other senses and weakens others. Forces you to focus, most struggle with that in the woods at night.

2 Likes

For people who are not used to being in the woods, especially alone in the woods, nighttime can be scary. There are many natural sounds with which our modern ears are no longer familiar. Being alone in the woods at night may provide one with a chance to confront their fears.

3 Likes

Extremely good point.

Coupled with:

Makes for a must-do scenario if it has not already been done.

3 Likes

Funny you mention it, I went camping last night. It’s been a couple years since I was camping and I got a chance to experience these things again. It definitely wakes the primal feelings deep inside. Makes you wonder more so about humans true fear of the darkness besides the chance of wild animals.

4 Likes

Animals, yes, but also getting lost, falling into a pit, and of course being snatched or harmed by other humans. Then there is the spiritual aspect to consider. All very Lovecraftian. Fear of the unknown and all that…

3 Likes

An outside location isn’t going to work. Wind is a factor and will blow out every candle you light, insects, onlookers walking there dog every 30 seconds. Your ritual should be performed where you are comfortable and private that will provide some security. Inside your home or a room set aside for ritual purposes is your best bet.

2 Likes

True, the wind will blow out the candle but that is the reason why knowledge about the environment comes handy. Good to know those non windy places. I have a forest nearby where I conduct rituals at night. It´s just next to the sea but I have found an non windy place as to stop the the problems with candles. So, yeah, sometimes it works out. Also, on the security, if the country you are staying in has a fairly high crime rate and those crimes are not consentrated in certain parts of citites, it´s better to take caution.

2 Likes