Witches should be honored more

Given their history, and potential power, why would you disagree?

In 1604, King James produced the Anti Witchcraft Act, repealed in 1736.
220 years more had to pass until Witchcraft was a real religion with freedom protected to practice.

As far as demons go, there is Azazel and a few others that taught witchcraft, roots, and sorcery.
As far as angels go, angels seem willing to work with them.
Not to mention the craft goes back to paleolithic times.

I mean, if you want an argument against it, in these times when Suburban Karen with her crystals and sage calls herself a witch having never actually done witchcraft, with thousands like her, and it’s been coopeted by people who claim “witch aesthetic”, I don’t blame anyone for not taking it seriously.

10 Likes

True, but Suburban Karen, coven member of wisteria lane, is also a practitioner of not only reiki and yoga as well.
At least Suburban Karen has resources and temporary passion.

Salt water baths are pretty basic and cleansing. (unless you are a negative entity, then they are torture)

1 Like

I think it mainly has to do with witches and witchcraft being associated with aesthetics and lack of true understanding.

I have met and dated several women who had “witchy vibes” would preform some light spellwork, but in the end would not really have any grasp on why or what they were actually doing.

Also witchcraft is seen as less in line with the religious rituals of the pagans and certainly not as well reasoned and explained as the western occult traditions. These traditions came out of the great enlightenment where magic was a science like any other. Leaving witchcraft as more of a lower class, or less refined method.

That said I have no problem with witches and known several who were very devoted to the path and successful. But the large amount of new age and aesthetics witches have brought low public opinion.

4 Likes

Okay, so less trendy or edgy, and have proper understanding and knowledge?

1 Like

They do also have unique magical methods that now figure into freemasonic and magical orders.

1 Like

My questions is…why should they?

Unless you are actually a witch and part of a specific tradition, or a religion like Wicca, then “witches” hold no special status.

Catholics revere saints, but they hold nothing special for me, and neither do witches.

12 Likes

Good point, but even Hercules required aid from witches.

1 Like

Also, early healers and scientists.

2 Likes

And ceremonial magicians were astronomers, physicists, botanists, chemists, mathematicians, architects, cartographers, and artists and inventors :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Like I said I have no doubt that witchcraft is a valid and respectable path, but rather that the large amount of people who uses it as a way to be edgy, or piss off their parents drags it down.

I’m results based, any path who can manifest results is deserving of respect. Though I don’t feel specifically called to honor or revere any path, but rather the people who have successfully walked it.

It’s also important on if you mean in general society or in the occult community.

3 Likes

I must say, that as a younger male witch, feminist Wicca irked me for being tolerant and exclusive at the same time.

4 Likes

I myself started out with witchcraft and Wicca, learning it from a girlfriend. The lack of other male witches, and as you say feminist Wicca drove me out as most places viewed it as a women only kind of path. I was made to feel like I was invading their space.

It could also be people like that who are responsible for many ritual occultist being put off or dismissive of witchcraft.

5 Likes

Yet many famous occultists and magicians and sorceress used witchcraft. Even today.

3 Likes

Mmmm no @Nightside I don’t think I’m going to be making a special effort to honor witches any time soon.

As far as thier traditions even being mentioned in the same breath as Freemasonry that’s ridiculous.

It’s all about having juice, from what I’ve seen of most “witches” I’m not impressed…with a few notable exceptions.

The historical witch of endor…she had juice…

6 Likes

Okay, perhaps a stretch, but certain orders based on freemasonry use witchcraft in the initiation.

Also, it was Westcott or Mathers I believe, that used a Jack in the Beanstalk curse after feeding a guest beans, that caused a fatal reaction by a beanstalk growing inside the body.