Witchblood

Does having witch/wiccan blood in you make you more natural for occult stuff?
(Apparently on my Mothers side, we descend from a Wicca coven, from what she has told me. She can also see aura’s, and apparently when she was pissed she summoned a storm, not to mention the shit with me lmao)

3 Likes

Wicca is just a religion you can choose to follow and has nothing to do with having the old blood.
Becoming Wiccan doesn’t magically change your ancestry.

If you’re fey you’re fey, you don’t have to ask. You tell us.

8 Likes

You may find this thread answers your question:

5 Likes

No, that’s correct, but practicing magic does change your body and DNA. So, you gain witchblood and your descendants do as well.

4 Likes

That makessense… but it does presuppose the Wiccan does some real magik, and enough of it… well beyond the type normal people do all the time anyway. I havn’t really met any wiccans that do, myself, andI’ve been les sthanimpressed at the level of magik talked about by Wiccans in genera, rightly or wrongly, so I feel that’s a bit of a crapshoot.

Not for the OP though - if his mum is fey he’s probably inherited it. I did, and my mum was Church of England. Just riding on old stock.

6 Likes

I tend to believe you are what you make yourself to be. Not your family or lineage. And ideologies that involve these things I think are a bit elitist.

Maybe blood may make a difference, but it doesn’t matter. Non-lineage magicians can supplement their work with studying and practice.

So my verdict is “It doesn’t matter either way.”

4 Likes

Yeah, my mom’s side of the family has magical blood, my mom and my grandmother both get visions and they don’t get sick.

So, @davethebarbarian one of my ancestors worked really hard to possess the power to receive secret knowledge through visions and the ability to self-heal, and I reap her hard work with innate benefits. My mom even cured her own Hepatitis C, which is supposed to be incurable. Now, I can build other abilities into our blood for my descendants.

8 Likes

well damn

4 Likes

ea did a a video on this very topic interesting.

J

4 Likes

agreed

totally agree. especially with what you said about wiccans not being too impressive :slight_smile:

damn props to your mom for healing herself!! that is amazing :gift_heart:

1 Like

Wow. Nice that you had innate psychic gifts.

Most witches I have seen don’t do magick very often. Also many of the mediums I have soon were born with the ability to hear and see spirits and did not need to develop very much

2 Likes

There’s no such thing as witch blood, all of it is a path, sure if you have parents or such who follow it and made it known through your childhood you’d be more exposed to it than those who came into it later. But you’re not really different blood wise. Everyone has innate psychic abilities to varying degrees.

There’s literally no such thing as gaining or being born with witch blood, that’s just something special snowflakes made up to try and make themselves feel better than others who do the same thing they do.

7 Likes

Multiple traditions hold ancestry and ancestral relations as important for magikal reasons.

All I said was, Wicca is just a religion and I didn’t comment further. Being a Wiccan has nothing to do with whether a person is a strong witch or not.
However having the old blood does matter, and yes, having it will make you naturally have an easier time of awakening and learning esoteric skills.

that’s just something special snowflakes made up to try and make themselves feel better than others who do the same thing they do.

Except that those of the old blood don’t talk about it. They are the survivors of the witch hunts and they learned to be careful who they talk to. No pearls before swine - we all know what swine do to you in return.
I am of more than one convergent line of old witches, I never mention it and I didn’t here until now. There can also be racism about the lines you hail from. Romani, Ashkenasi, Celtic and Norse witchcraft all comes to me through my ancestors, and despite the fey in my family being very damaged by the church, the old superstitions survived enough to teach me how the unseen works at a very intuitive and grass roots level.
If that causes some to call me ‘special snowflake’, so be it. I don’t really care.

Doing magic does change you at a fundamental level, it changes your DNA as you switch on and off receptors through personal alchemy.

…but more than that, it changes what entities choose to incarnate through you. I chose my parents, actually I chose a backup family, that aligned with my goals. My feeling on how witchblood works is at least partly this mechanism of how incoming entities choose parents. But likewise, if the children go back to sleep that incentive goes away and the blood can be lost as well as gained.
I know of one Shaman who’s daughter was the incarnation of one of her spirit guides, for example.

In this way, a bloodline gets stronger as occultist parents attract stronger entities as children. Those people grow up to be attracted to the esoteric, find it easier by the nature of what entity is driving the vessel, and hopefully get a leg up by being taught the occult by thier parents… this becomes a cycle perpetuating a line of magikally inclined people.

3 Likes

@anon48079295

I don’t think so. People who are part of a powerful spiritual lineage tend to born with magickal gifts.

2 Likes

It’s not a blood thing in the slightest is what I mean. Being more attuned to it is just nurture. If a child is raised around it even if it’s word of mouth or around parents or grandparents or even books they’re going to grow up to have an easier time learning it.

However, if you feel I called you a special snowflake than by all means. However, my comment is general and was by no means aimed at you just so you don’t feel obligated to take it personal.

Having beings attracted to one’s family isn’t witch blood, or magick blood. It’s the “consequences” or “gifts” inherited by their actions not by their blood. Many non magick people most likely chose to reincarnate in their family many magick aligned people didn’t.

2 Likes

Also have you heard of devil gene and other things people on this forum have that can be used to pass down their magickal power

That’s not by blood. Everyone is born with gifts.

3 Likes