Wine as an offering to sallos

Okay so I left wine out as an offering to sallos but tbh I RLY WANT IT hahaha can I drink it or should I leave it

If it is for the great Duke Sallos then I would leave it.

1 Like

Ok this is where I get confused, I was told to ask if I could then consume it so they got to experience the offering through me

2 Likes

Well then I would ask Duke Sallos frist before you drink it then.You don’t want to have a god angry at you.

1 Like

I always consume the offering because the spirits experience it through me. For an example, if I’m offering a shot of alcohol, I drink it and when I do, it has no harsh taste whatsoever, it is almost like taking a shot of water.

Keep plenty of booze handy when working with the Good Duke because he likes to drink.

3 Likes

Leave it only for the Great Duke Saleos. Never drink what you offer unless you are asked to share it.

2 Likes

I to want to drink my offering very tempting

1 Like

Decide whether taking back a gift of a glass of wine is worth losing what great gift or respect a Goetic or any other entity has for you.

Do you drink the wine or take food from your invited dinner guests?

4 Likes

For me, it’s not taking back the gift. It is about letting them experience it through me. Never had a problem with this. I ask afterwards if they enjoyed it and it’s always yes.

3 Likes

Personally I don’t think they would want it to be wasted (which it will be if left)

1 Like

Certainly during a ritual if you are instructed to partake, then do so - if that is what you are told to do. But not once the work is complete, you leave it as an offering and dispose of it respectfully (not by consuming it generally as some have implied because they fancy wine).

That’s just my view. I’ve done that with teas, biscuits, cake, and various sweets and chocolates.

If anything is consumed - it has been requested or it has been my own helping of whatever the food is. I don’t take anything away from my honoured guests if I can help it; it is their decision and grace by which anything is shared with me.

Forgive me if I assumed this was a standard.

2 Likes

I have been really unsure so I left it for 24 hours once, then asked if I could consume and they said yes. How long do you normally leave stuff?

I think that just like anything else, it comes down to intent. Why I consume is because when I first did ritual 1 from the 72 Demons of Magick book that is what it said to do. It worked great and I have done it ever since, ritual or just when a spirit drops in. To me, it forms a connection of sorts, having the spirit enjoy the experience through you. A shot of alcohol, when drank as a gift, really tastes different than when you just have a normal shot on your own, so I know that the connection is certainly there.

I don’t think that there is really a right or wrong answer. I guess just do what feels comfortable, as long as your intent is clear.

4 Likes

I only consume a gift for an entity if I have been requested to do so and then I leave the offering for at least 24 hours or until the next working.

This is what I disagree with - it is a matter of self restraint. It’s not temptation - if you want a drink then pour yourself a drink, make yourself a cup of tea, eat your own cake or whatever just don’t take an offering unless you’ve been told to do so. No temptation whatsoever.

Just my take. It isn’t right, it isn’t wrong - it simply is.

2 Likes

I agree just that I stopped drinking for a few yrs now but I still offer alcohol of many kinds to them but I have to get rid of it later on because I USED to have a problem with drinking . It was ALWAYS available people would buy me so many drinks and I would end up black out drunk lol GOOD TIMES but that’s over now

I keep it there for them and don’t touch it at all as a sign of respect

1 Like

Give something else - tea, pomegranate or grape juice - find out what else is appropriate.

I give Oolong tea for Dukes with honey and chocolates - only today was I allowed to eat a whole chocolate - normally it’s a bite, but I hold a sigil at the same time. I’ve given honey, blood, fragranced oils including ones I don’t particularly like working with myself but the entity likes. Eggs are good as a gift.

For those of you that give coins what at exactly do you do with them when you’re done? Everything I give is perishable or bodily fluid.

2 Likes

Depending on the work you could bury in a place of power (ley lines intersects,crossroads, places that the entity would be associated with ect.) , put it in a moving body of water(river,creek ect) , if it is for baneful work or work on a specific place,situation or person you could bury on the property involved.

1 Like

Put coins in a small box and put away in a drawer or cabinet on top of the sigil of Sallos.

What kind of coins does the duke like?