Willing and Undemanding Apprentice, Uncertain of How to Proceed

Hi All,

I am looking to apprentice myself (online, in the flesh would be quite impossible for me) with an empathetic teacher. In return I can write/edit (as a gifted writer) grimoires and books to prepare them for proper publication.

I’m a dedicated, curious, creative, hard-working, fast-learning, adventurous learner who questions everything and isn’t afraid of a challenge. I don’t want to rush the learning process - if it takes me a decade to master one basic technique, so be it, this is about ascension after all. Although I’ll put my all into writing/editing for you, I don’t want to be a burden on anyone else, so really my method of learning as an apprentice should be “self-directed” (i.e., tell me where to start, give me a few names/suggestions, then check back in with me a few months later…more like a mentor than anything).

If there’s anyone interested in holding a few preliminary chats (the way I see it, it’s like dating, we’ve got to make sure this is going to work out for the both of us before jumping in together), please PM me.

• Dear Mods, please move the thread as you see fit.
2 Likes

I don’t think I could be a proper mentor but I’ve a knowledge pool of a brain, shoot me a PM if you want to discuss magic maybe tell me more about what type appeals to you. Cheers friendo. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

That’s a cool idea. I’m not sure I’ve anything to offer but it’s a lovely idea having a mentor

1 Like

What are you looking for in a teacher?

2 Likes

I agree this is a great idea. a mentorship sounds great just a lot of us dont have the funds requested by mentors.

1 Like

Energy work, seeing spirits, astral projection

1 Like

You could let the forum itself be your mentor for free. There is this easy to use skrying tool. :mag::point_left: you can use it as a divination to always find the most useful posts. The forum has an energy of its own. Treat it well and be rewarded.

2 Likes

There is a saying: “When the pupil is ready; the Master will appear”, and…IT AIN’T ME🤣While I do offer my knowledge freely and help where I am able, I am no Master…yet🧐 @crystalline_shadow

2 Likes

I just couldn’t resist a “Not it” post :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Was looking for a mentor too, eventually end up using the search engine more… Noticed that my chakras are too blocked up, thus too difficult to jump in…

Well, still trying and never give up

3 Likes

right there with ya bub! you’re not alone!!!

1 Like

Thank you all for the replies!

Apologies for the late reply, but I have been doing some souk-searching (heavily ironic pun intended) to uncover more of my true wants and needs regarding my magical education.

@HasturJamesAlibaster & @Ashtarte, I’m looking for a “mentor” type, not necessarily a master for apprenticeship…more someone I can go to for open conversations, free of judgement, if I need advice, or if I’m having difficulty with my magical education. It’s really just about having someone who can say “yup, been there, done, have you considered looking at x,y, or z as a solution” and then leaving me to my own devices. Essentially what this forum is, but I’m after a few people to get on closer terms with and build a friendly rapport with (so, mentors).

I’m very much into self-directed learning, doing my own research, magical experiments, discovery, exploration, and “getting my hands dirty”. I’m happy with the occasional “hey, how’s it going? I’ve noticed you’ve been doing pretty ok with this magic thing. Maybe you should look into x or y as a next step?” - that’s really all I need, some occasional guidance and pointers to help guide me through what is an overwhelming large topic.

Regarding my interests, I’m still working through those. I like the autonomy of both Chaos Magic and Levayan Satanism, I’ve found the energetic presence of King Belial, King Azaziel, and King Paimon to be both enjoyable and enlightening, and I have a developing fascination with Prince Dantalion. I’ve found working with servitors to so far be easy and effective.

2 Likes