Wiccan Reed or Karma any thoughts?

Hi guys and Gals, look I just wanted some opinions of Karma, like the “Wiccan Reed” that you fuck up it comes back to you three fold, I personally have a problem with this type of philosophy

any thoughts?

1 Like

If you believe in bad thoughts like those, shit will come back and destroy you.

So don’t. Plain and simple.

The power of thought.

1 Like

It will only come back on you if you hold attachment to it in the form of regret.

As a former Wiccan having used to abide by this reed, it was a difficult concept to let go of until recently… When I had an insight. Now, this may appear abstract to some depending on your perspective; however, it is my understanding that the concept of time is not linear. It only appears to be linear from our perspective in this lifetime, since linear time is one of the constructs that builds our everyday life.

But…in the eternal spiritual scope of things (and all lives included if you believe in future and past lives), EVEN IF the rule that everything you do comes back to you x3 were to be true, it’s possible that the bane you think you will suffer in the future, HAS ALREADY HAPPENED TO YOU. Your karmic x3 may not, infact happen in what we perceive to be the future, but could instead be all the trouble you’re suffering now or have in the past. Consider the issue of whether or not you want to use baneful magic on someone who has deeply harmed you. If you believe in the x3 reed, then the impetus for that karma for the harm you do to someone with baneful magic may ALREADY have happened (or is currently happening), thus being what causes you to do magic on the person. It’s almost like the future ‘knows’ you’re gong to get back at that person who caused you harm, so the present causes you to suffer, having the omniscience to understand that you’re getting them back in the future.

Like I said, it takes looking at time from not a linear but a circular/eternal perspective, because it’s a backward cause and effect theory, but very plausible in my opinion, nonetheless…And the only reason to make me feel some justification and right in doing harmful magic, because it’s not something I’ve been into in the past, but lately I’ve been viewing it differently because of this insight. I feel like I’ve already suffered my x3 and now it’s time for retribution with some people.

Now, on the other hand, if you just randomly wreaked havoc on some innocent whom you have no knowledge of having suffered because of, then there MAY be a chance you’ll suffer some sort of karmic balance in terms of suffering in your future, if you believe that nature keeps score at all.

SLAVIC WITCHES rules a bit like the wiccan;s moral rules but not

1. Do not be afraid of anything
  2. Fear always attracts trouble
  3. Never be afraid to express your wishes and desires
  4. If you want something, it means that you need it.
    However, it is always something that draws your desire
  5. Fear prevents understanding of what you actually need.
  6. DO not be afraid, otherwise do it and regret.
  7. Do what YOU want
  8. And all the while never regret what you have done, because if you regret, all that is done will turn against you.
  9. Never regret what happened by itself, without your participation.
  10. If you take, then take it right and if you return, it is only with desire

Translated from old Slavic

The native Slavic Magick has no concept of good and evil just power
In this world you don’t just take thing lying down, if you live life like this, you will end up fucked over, their are times I feel that retribution is necessary!

Ok Im become more LHP but at the same time Im not going to fuck with my Neighbors for the hell of it or just for fun, Im not going after innocent people, but if you Tread on me watch out, if you break into my home and take something of mine, if you treat me like shit, you have crossed the line, I must retaliate, and Magick is a tool now in my arsenal

[quote=“DarkSugar, post:4, topic:2524”]As a former Wiccan having used to abide by this reed, it was a difficult concept to let go of until recently… When I had an insight. Now, this may appear abstract to some depending on your perspective; however, it is my understanding that the concept of time is not linear. It only appears to be linear from our perspective in this lifetime, since linear time is one of the constructs that builds our everyday life.

But…in the eternal spiritual scope of things (and all lives included if you believe in future and past lives), EVEN IF the rule that everything you do comes back to you x3 were to be true, it’s possible that the bane you think you will suffer in the future, HAS ALREADY HAPPENED TO YOU. Your karmic x3 may not, infact happen in what we perceive to be the future, but could instead be all the trouble you’re suffering now or have in the past. Consider the issue of whether or not you want to use baneful magic on someone who has deeply harmed you. If you believe in the x3 reed, then the impetus for that karma for the harm you do to someone with baneful magic may ALREADY have happened (or is currently happening), thus being what causes you to do magic on the person. It’s almost like the future ‘knows’ you’re gong to get back at that person who caused you harm, so the present causes you to suffer, having the omniscience to understand that you’re getting them back in the future.

Like I said, it takes looking at time from not a linear but a circular/eternal perspective, because it’s a backward cause and effect theory, but very plausible in my opinion, nonetheless…And the only reason to make me feel some justification and right in doing harmful magic, because it’s not something I’ve been into in the past, but lately I’ve been viewing it differently because of this insight. I feel like I’ve already suffered my x3 and now it’s time for retribution with some people.

Now, on the other hand, if you just randomly wreaked havoc on some innocent whom you have no knowledge of having suffered because of, then there MAY be a chance you’ll suffer some sort of karmic balance in terms of suffering in your future, if you believe that nature keeps score at all.[/quote]

I like how you explained this, friend, but allot me one thing to tell you:

That “karma” is shit. If you think that it’ll affect you in the now, rather than the future, and you hold that regret and knowledge, ohhh boy it will happen.

And asuly, what you posted is interesting in that it has a set of rules, but I need to ask you something. Why the hell NOT would you soul travel to your neighbor’s house and start haunting them? That is, if they’re not mages themselves.

These muddy souls have three purposes: 1) To Ascend for themselves
2) To act as city-food, and 3) To be playthings for the Ascended ones themselves.

In my experience, the only way to get something done is to do it and often.

And neighbors have a target over their head. Hell, anyone in a thirty mile radius of me has a target on their head.

If you dig deep enough nobody is inocent.

just a thought for those who finds it hard to curse without remorse (like it was in my case)

Archetypal structures only become active when you focus your attention on them. If you can’t sever attachments, you can’t turn them off.

That’s what banishing is in it’s truest form.

My personal belief is that Wiccans promote the Wiccan reed so hard as a public relations thing, to point out “look, we’re not even slightly like you think witches might be, we’re really nice and really harmless and even more scared of baneful working than you are!”

It’s a way of appearing like fluffy cuddly little light-workers who might be misguided, but just want to do good, so please don’t burn us or hunt us or blame us when things go wrong in your life, and it’s probably kind of essential for people’s safety in some places, especially smaller towns and where the wiccans in question are young girls who would make great scapegoats for the religious nutjobs if they didn’t ram this concept down everyone’s throats.

Good luck to them if they like that but it’s not for me, and I don’t believe it’s a universal rule, also, I don’t believe karma (as in, your actions being returned to you in an identical form to the way you dished it out) applies in the same way once you begin to take responsibility for your life.

I think of Wiccans like vampiric rabbits. They want to show you they’re cute and cuddly, but can actually do some damage. Unfortunately, their small statue keeps them from appearing harmful, but the right one can get the right target.

I understand their desire for safety in small religious towns, but this community is no small religious town. In fact, we are quite the opposite- summoners and chosens and diviners and hunters and Dwellers on Thresholds.

I know that if I don’t do my work by the time I die, I might get a serious ass-kicking in the afterlife by the Gods I have marked. I’m more than prepared to take responsibility for every single drop of blood shed along the way, human, spirit, god or otherwise.

Karma hardly exists for mortals who believe that “oh, he’ll get what’s coming to him in the afterlife.” or something. If anything, they bring that negativity TO them.

If it hardly affects the muddy ones, why would it affect the purer ones? Anything the karma you believe in sends to kill you can be killed and then resurrected to go eat that entity’s face. Simple, if you choose to believe in it.

[quote=“EpicGnome, post:7, topic:2524”]If you dig deep enough nobody is inocent.

just a thought for those who finds it hard to curse without remorse (like it was in my case)[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve been way too soft… I used to think that karma would balance things out for me naturally, but lately I’m doubtful of that. That Wiccan reed has ingrained some fluffiness that I’m having to re-examine since my beliefs are changing.

[quote=“DarkSugar, post:11, topic:2524”][quote=“EpicGnome, post:7, topic:2524”]If you dig deep enough nobody is inocent.

just a thought for those who finds it hard to curse without remorse (like it was in my case)[/quote]

Yeah, I’ve been way too soft… I used to think that karma would balance things out for me naturally, but lately I’m doubtful of that. That Wiccan reed has ingrained some fluffiness that I’m having to re-examine since my beliefs are changing.[/quote]

Good! Morph. It’s part of the path. You’ve integrated Wicca and you’re growing away from it. All things come to an end, including your part in Wicca. Abandon that part of you (Death of the Old Self is recommended, you could jinx yourself inadvertently) and move forward.

Just want to make something clear, Im not a wiccan and never was, I was brought up in Trad-Witchcraft, Slavic style, Russian-Romanian-Ukrainian etc

One day when I get the time, I will translate the dark side of slavic pagan rune Magick, No Good or Evil, no Karma Just Fight, well most of it has come to us from Norse Magick after all, and believe me its anything but fluffy light worker stuff! but everyone thanks for your coments they are very very helpful, I think i have mixed with wiccans for to long. Oh I looked in what I would call real English Magick, or Welsh Magick, they had no probs Hexing, Killing, Destroying as well as necromancy and demonology evocation spirit houses, familiars my, my they are like us, well kinda. Awsome real celtic witchcraft, free from most of modern fluffy bunny stuff …

PS.

Interview with a MAGUS love Interview With Anima Noira
right up my path, like her I have a bloodline, in my family in Magick
but somehow I fucked up :frowning: but its ok I’m getting back up!

where thing go for hear who knows but its my journey

Irish Witchcraft does not follow the Wiccan ideal of karma. It was and still is a primal craft. It’s where I got my start as a preteen from my dad.

1 Like