Why Your Curses Don't Work

Some people think curses are easy, a candle and some shit talking later, bam. They’ll wait for word on anything bad to happen to the target, and in their head, curse confirmed. Success. The downfall of the wrongdoer is inevitable. Right.

This isnt to say that their curse didnt have any effect. Bad news could very well be an indication that you DID do something. This explanation is to show why “I tried to kill Stacy with a mean DUME hex, and she’s only getting divorced” happens. Amongst other things.

It isn’t just super easy to manifest stuff in our plane. The energy has to gain sufficient mass to BE let alone be noticed or have an effect. The amount of energy an individual can produce is widely varied, and dependent upon the operator. Occultists in particular vary depending on what they’re doing. (Energy, qi, prana, spiritual power, whatever you want to call it)

At normal, everyday, you’ve got a certain level or amount of energy that you maintain. This is what you, normal, naturally work with. Everyone’s got their personal baseline. When we start practicing, we end up modifying that energy. Consciously or unconsciously, we build up energy to be expressed when we have a ritual, or a practice later, or are on guard. When, on some level, we know we will need more than usual. This can be compounded with normal healthy lifestyle stuff, but it does build gradually as one practices more and more.

Spellcraft is taking some of that energy, and molding it with purpose, intent. And then releasing it. What is tricky for some about this, is what that energy can be shaped to kind of depends on how much of that energy you have.

Another way of phrasing this would be calling it an equivalent exchange. This is key. To gain something, something of equal or greater value must be given. Not an unfamiliar term or idea for most people, but fundamental to be understood before understanding a lot of other stuff, curses included. I havent forgotten the main point, but we’ve gotta build to it.

To produce a desired effect, enough energy to facilitate this effect must be given. But there are no rules stating where this energy must come from, you just need to get it, mold it, use it. This is where enchantment, spirits, and internal alchemy come into play.

One could work on themselves, stocking up and increasing personal reserves to be used at whim. One could ask a spirit for aid, usually they’ll be producing the energy needed for the effect and helping mold it. One could create a vessel, and store excess energy in it consistently to be used. One could bind a smaller spirit to be killed and used. Or, one could do all of the above. This is one of the biggest parts of occultism I see skipped or simply glossed over. It’s a fundamental concept, that is necessary for more advanced workings.

Cursing is somewhat rare nowadays. Most people dont even practice, let alone have enough energy to have an effect. The most effective curses are usually fulfilled via imbuing an object with the curse, getting your target to accept the object, and then the energy from the object bleeds out into the intended effect. More advanced curses will have one bind a mean spirit to the object and then it will wreak havoc. Same principle as the first method.

The other effective curses, are direct contact. The only thing between the curse and the target is the space in which it manifests. In other words, you mold whatever energy into your curse, and slap it on the person, in person, in front of you. Or onto a representation of them, or what was part of them. This is why so many curses state to use a person’s name, picture, their hair or nails or anything you can get your hands on to have them as close to in front of you as possible.

This, is a little more dangerous. Equivalent exchange is the rule, but the specifics of it vary, as there isnt anything safeguarding what is ‘equivalent’. It is difficult to gauge how much energy is needed to be able to mold the energy in a specific way, and then how much is needed to manifest it. One can be angry enough to throw the curse at someone in front of them. It can be molded and formed once a level of competency has been reached. But the molding of the energy changes the price. So, roughly speaking, to take a life, a life’s worth of energy must be used. If you are working the curse directly, and without planning, help, or any foresight, the cost could probably be higher than you anticipate, and thus the energy to kill is taken from your own life.

Now, a good number of spirits have enough energy of their own to kill someone. What I see forgotten often, and on this forum in particular, is the price. Hitmen dont work for free, and I think that statement works almost universally, regardless of the hitman. Energy is power to the spirits. Why would they expend it on something for someone else?

Maybe they really like you. Maybe they have so much they want to flex it a little. Maybe they’ll do it to gain something more. Spirits have their own rules, sometimes you sign a contract just by speaking to one. Or by having them do you a favor, you now owe them one. There are spirits and people close enough to certain spirits where help and energy is given freely between the two, but if you’re getting a hitman you dont know to kill or maim someone for you, and you dont think there’s any price to be paid, you’re gonna be sorry later. Even if you are somewhat familiar, there will probably be a price. Do not assume.

Thats the main article. A few other thoughts of mine regarding hexes are below

-Most who desire to curse cannot do so. This is a very good thing. If you’re not willing to hurt someone with your own hands, you shouldnt be willing to curse. Sometimes we feel powerless and want to prove we’re not. This isnt the best way to do that. It’s too taxing to be pulled off by a novice, and if you’re adept enough to actually do it, then I assume you’re wise enough to know what’s worth actually going through the effort to curse for.

-If you need to read another person’s ‘spell’ and do that, you probably shouldnt be messing around with curses.

-Someone being mean at work doesnt mean kill them or wreck their shit. It means you need to problem solve or work on your confrontation skills. Occult practice doesnt negate what you lack in the normal world, work on yourself and grow stronger on all fronts. If you’re ballsy enough to curse someone, you should be ballsy enough to have a direct confrontation.

-Everyone has their reasons. Instead of typing an essay on why you are justified in cursing someone, do some research and practice until you CAN curse someone. By that time, what you were salty about in the beginning wont even matter. If it does still matter… make your move.

46 Likes

Very good. Interesting points of view you have on the matter.

I very much enjoyed reading this. You are very informative.

1 Like

You say it right… :+1:
And this applies in magic generally as we tend to forget that tools are just TOOLS
Most important in everything is YOU, your WILL , ENERGY that can be worked with meditation , lot of inner exercises etc

5 Likes

This.

14 Likes

You’re correct about so many things, I couldn’t have said it better. Hit men do not work for free, there is a price for every favor, and you will owe them one. They’re going to get what is owed, whether someone is willing to give it or not. So very true, if you’re not willing to hit someone with your own hands, you shouldn’t curse. Excellent advice!!

4 Likes

I’ve never really used an external source to curse, I’ve only ever used my own energy to do it. However, many “magicians” don’t know what direct magick is and focuses primarily on indirect magick which is basically spell work that calls on some external force for aid rather then using their own energy system.

However, there’s also that some people simply have natural protection to a degree that blocks curses.

6 Likes

My second ritual was a curse. I felt nothing. It manifested the next day. A week later I began a much more severe curse using only some sigils and spoken words, along with my rage. My target’s life fell apart over the following months, and I found peace.

I summoned a demon for some money and got a couple thousand dollars a week later with 0 effort on my part aside from the magick (a relatively small result, but it was large for me at the time). An angelic money talisman got me a 50% discount on the largest purchase I made every month. I didn’t even have to work on the deal. I just enjoyed the benefits, along with my friends.

Spirits are not people. They are spirits. I have summoned angels and demons whose sole power was to enact a very specific form of curse. They were glad to be summoned for the opportunity to manifest their power in the world. Give a psychotic murderer an opportunity to act without consequence and they will not need any other incentive.

I give magick my time, attention, and gratitude, and I receive its benefits. I give it nothing else. No food, no blood, money, sacrifices, nothing. I do the rituals and I thank the sprits, and I receive results. Real life magick is not the same as anime magic.

I’ve never done this and I’ve reduced someone to a multiple drug-addicted, spiteful, angry, fat, friendless heap who follows a path through life that they hate, but don’t even realize it consciously. I didn’t want them dead so they could suffer more. I’m not saying this method can’t work well, but calling it the absolute most effective over everything else is just not true.

Curses are what changed me from a weak, pathetic little doormat into someone who can enforce boundaries and doesn’t let others put them into a situation where they feel the need to do a curse. My old curses will have a net-positive effect on the world, funnily enough.

I appreciate you taking the time to write something up, but this whole post strikes me as moralizing, “law” of three-fold return myth-spreading, I’m totally a better occultist than you yah fuckin newbie go do some arbitrary energy work exercise grand-standing pompousness. I’m sure that’s ironic coming from me.

I’m not trying to attack you, I’m just sharing my honest opinion, as if it matters or is a valuable use of my time. While I’m being honest, I’m gonna say that most people’s magick (not just curses, but magick generally) doesn’t really work because they take the sigil of some random, probably basically a glorified servitor of a demon off the internet, chant it’s “enn” (wherever the fuck those came from) or just watch a youtube video cause reading a book is too hard (for some people it really does seem to be, and I really can’t imagine what that life must be like, probably similar to a dog or cat), and then spend their time telling people to “develop their clairs” because they have to justify their lack of results to themselves and it’s most definitely not because real effective magick that changes the world and directly controls the self and others in astonishing ways has been kept secret by very small groups of people for most of history wanting to keep the real power to themselves. No no no, you just need to open your third eye. That’ll do it for sure. In the meantime why not ask someone for a “QnA” so they can pull some proverbial shit (excuse me, “channel” some shit) out of their aforementioned third eye. At least get a tarot reading; the cards can sometimes be hilariously misinterpreted by even the most experienced readers, but the correct ones still show up.

Ok that’s enough pompous holier than thou grand-standing from me. I made that last paragraph super long so no one would read it anyways.

Carry on, then :slightly_smiling_face: (<- I started that in my earlier, different kind of cringe days - still doing what I do tho to influence the hearts and minds of others cause it makes me feel good and group psychology absolutely fascinates me)

33 Likes

No need to apologize, discussion was the purpose of the thread homie :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Regarding point 1- Glad you could make that move. Out of the sensitives and practitioners I’ve actually encountered, most didnt have any ‘juice’ to really pull anything off. That might be a generalization, but that tied with a lot of the threads I’ve been seeing, seemed an appropriate baseline to build from. As stated, people have differences in their energy, and quite frankly, some just have more juice than others.

Point 2- If you could, I’d like to ask you to do a little more research in whatever manner you do. I’m not saying you are wrong. I only ask, because in my practice price and deals seem to be recurring themes, and I’m curious about others. I disagree that everything from the demon was pro bono, I’ve had to fight things because they demanded payment for old works, but I hope so. I am pretty curious on the subject.

Point 3- isnt giving them the designation of psychotic murderer humanizing them in a way? Some have specifics for doing what they do, but specialized spirits differ from general spirits, if you get what I’m saying. Just because a couple like to flex, doesnt mean that most who have the reputation will just kill for shits n giggles. Instead of psychotic, I’d describe the stronger spirits as more… machiavellian.

Point 4- Just because equivalent exchange is in an anime, doesnt negate its veracity :wink: the time and energy you put in IS the exchange you make. As stated in the paragraph about energy reserves. (I would quote, but it’s difficult to do on mobile) You do the Rituals, thank the spirits, receive the results, but that’s pretty much like subcontracting a job rather than doing it yourself. Previously, you mentioned sigils, and if you do those, then you’re exchanging the time, attention, and energy to craft them. If life was the same as anime magic, that’d be fucking lit. It would be pretty cool to have some of this occultism be more concrete than subjective.

Point 5- I could argue, as I’ve interviewed deities on the matter and that’s the response I got, but I’ll file that under UPG until others ask and it’s more concrete than “so and so allegedly told me this”. This thread was intended for death curses, but admittedly I kind of blurred the point a bit. In regards to your curses, it’s easier to trip someone into rolling off a cliff instead of throwing them off, is it not? I’m glad you got your results, but I dont think that situation qualifies as a baseline to dispute. Cursed objects are pretty common all throughout recorded history. The dybbuk box, the cursed doll, the hope diamond, the crying boy portrait, and the list continues. Why would these things be so common and long lasting if they weren’t effective? The sheer number of cursed objects points to their efficacy.

In regards to the final point, it’s my opinion :wink: . For what it’s worth, I think you could have gotten to that point without the curses, and I think for most people getting to that point before* cursing is more beneficial due to the risks involved. Yes, you were effective in your endeavor, but to say possible risks are outweighed by the confidence boost you get from being successful is a bit misleading.

I think you’re projecting a little bit with my post being ‘moralizing’, as there was no reference to karmic laws or “bad things gunna happen if u be bad so be gud”. Explaining the fundamentals of energy work was necessary to give more understanding to the subject, and I didnt suggest or require that one NEEDS to do it for anything, simply that theres stuff you can do to modify your own energy. The energy work is essential, and if there are practices that dont require any, they’re not coming to mind at the moment.

In regards to your last paragraph, (which I DID read lol), yes. These reasons in particular are why I decided to make the post as accurately as I could. Most people are just gonna be shallow and idiotic and refuse to put in the work for it. This thread is for those who can do a little digging, and genuinely want to learn, rather than “who do I call to to beg for free shit and get my way”. There was a lot of nonsense, but I found some pretty good stuff here when I started out, and it’s my intention to add a little bit to the good stuff pile.

I appreciate the discussion, dont be shy on future posts, or on this one for that matter.

@shinri

4 Likes

In my opinion relationship with demons is like any else relationship.
Just imagine:
your car has broken when you really need to drive somewhere. You ask your neighbor if he lend you his car and he agrees. 1 year later he ask you to borrow him your…I don’t know…for example hair dryer. And what do you think? “O no! I knew that there is always payment needed!” or just " Why not? He’s such a nice guy!"

1 Like

Great read. Im at a level where I can curse and from my experience, everything you’ve said is accurate.

I side with Shinri and from my experience gratitude and the time you spend working the spell is payment enough. The moment a spirit forces you to do something for example pay, you have lost your magical power and authority. That is why practitioners like Bardon advise to be on a certain degree of development before you should interact with spirits and curse, bless or do whatever spirit interaction you want. You have something no spirit has, you incorporate all 5 elements while they usually only have one, which gives you immense power and makes you a really superior magical being.

3 Likes

Great post and discussion.

I’ll add here some more points if you don’t mind (my intention was to write about curses when I wrote this)

While I do agree with all you said to some degree, and this comment to an extent. However, just because I don’t, doesn’t mean I can’t. First, there are legalities which could get me in trouble (or fired depending on the situation) to some extent. Secondly with my own target. I have NO issue getting in her face. Trouble is she is on the other side of the country and I can see myself possibly getting arrested because it would escalate. By cursing her I can still get to her and keep my freedom. And do more damage.

So it doesn’t always mean your afraid to really. Sometimes you just flat out can’t for one or more reasons.

3 Likes

Or when they are in another country and you have no idea where they live exactly because they change their accomodations often.
Which, again doesn’t exclude the thought - what will happen if you see them face to face and are you able to handle the consequences from such a meeting. I think if you answer is “yes”, it means you are able to handle with the curse, too.

I’m with you on a common problem for people being a lack of energy in their workings. I would just say that emotional energy is what people are really missing, not ki/prana/chi/energy/whatever. I do use an energy work technique for many of my rituals, but I would say the core power comes from the emotions. With angels the end emotion tends to be joy, and with demons a sense of power. That and, of course, gratitude.

I have found offerings to be important when working with demons of Goetia, so I agree for these specific demons. The process did seem to help with creating a sense of expectation for the results, and giving the offering of experience was incredibly enjoyable for me as well as the demon anyways. A personal theory is that these demons seem to value public recognition and reward more than other sorts of spirits. When working with Lucifer and Lucifer’s Legion, for instance, those demons were almost more like angels in that they responded very strongly to just gratitude, but not even gratitude for the results - simply gratitude for being present and hearing my request.

I pushed back on the “there’s always a price” thing because it sounds overly ominous and spooky, like they’re gonna kneecap your grandma for the insurance money kind of thing. And yes, if we consider the price to be the time and attention used to perform the ritual, then there is indeed a price, and a minuscule one at that.

I was humanizing them in that sense so I could speak allegorically. It’s difficult to talk about spirits without humanizing them to some extent, and they do tend to present themselves to us in a manner that is at least reminiscent of human beings, so usually I think this is fine.

Sometimes I try to dance around this topic a little because it rapidly becomes very complicated and can veer off into another direction, but here we go I guess. My personal view is that the spirits are like segments of isolated human personality manifested as certain patterns of power. Goetia demons tap into a narcissistic (as defined and partially explained by modern science) segment, while Lucifer demons tap into an antisocial segment (more colloquially known as psychopathic, although technically speaking some would say that psychopathy is itself a segment of antisocial) (psychotic means you’re having hallucinations and stuff). Machiavellianism would be the style of interacting with other people employed by humans who fit either of these personality types.

To get back to your idea, for whatever reason it has been the case for me that Goetia demons work best when given offerings for curses (or anything else), while Lucifer demons just want gratitude. This could be construed as narcissists always having alterior motives when they harm others while antisocials just do it for the fun of it, but I have had narcissists act against me for no reason other than to regulate their extremely fragile sense of self-esteem, which requires them to dominate people to feel good about themselves. I may or may not know an antisocial or two, and they would certainly do things that harm others for the sake of advancing their agenda, with their personal pleasure just being a side-effect. The weakness of narcissists is that if you threaten their ego they will be compelled to attack, and in general are just more antagonistic and confrontational and overall more predictable in my opinion (a tank can be quite predictable too, doesn’t mean it won’t crush you), while for antisocials, the pleasure from inflicting suffering can become like an addiction to sadism, which creates its own problems. Like I said, getting complicated and possibly veering off-topic, and I don’t know if I really answered you, and this isn’t even touching on angels (I can’t really speak to spirits outside the angels and demons paradigm).

Yes, curses and other magicks that uses physical tools are certainly effective and are found in many traditions. I’m certainly not saying that these methods do not work, just that there are other methods, such as ritual pathworking, that can yield fine results as well. I know some traditions place greater emphasis on things like herbs and sympathetic objects of various kinds, and in those traditions the correct use of these physical tools is probably important for best results. I don’t know much about these traditions, so I wouldn’t look to me for information on them, though.

I said the pompous moralizing thing because I often see people often dissuade newbies from just doing magick, especially curses. A lack of wisdom to use curses properly is often the reason given, but I believe that the only way to acquire such wisdom is to use and experience magick. When I was first getting started, I was in a situation where curses were invaluable for getting bullies off my back and getting me into a safe and healthy space, both physically and mentally. If someone had told me (and if I had been so inclined to ask for another’s opinion) not to do the curses and go do some energy work or meditate, then my situation would only have gotten worse and worse, not better, and trust me, I had been doing my damndest to be equanimous and tranquil with the almighty power of mindfulness for at least six months, and my reward was six months of constant suffering at the hands of cruel, malicious brutes and their various cronies.

A week’s worth of curses easily did more for my mental and physical health than six months of difficult meditation, so I dislike it when people try to arbitrarily gatekeep people from doing magick. I don’t think I even heard the term “energy work” until I had been doing magick and getting results for some time. I also dislike it when people downplay working with spirits because they think “working with your own power” is somehow a superior practice. I tend not to hear many success stories from such people, unless you count feeling tingly in a ritual or “the demon said they’d marry me” as a “result.” They also fail to understand that the spirits are “your own power.”

I think that people like to spend more time talking about energy work and nitpicking over little details when these things aren’t their problem. Their problem is that they are working with shitty magick, by which I mean magick done with hilariously questionable principles behind it and magick that connects them to spirits of dubious authenticity. I have no doubt that even the most bare-bones of “chaos magick” can manifest things, but I do doubt that such magick can take you on the sort of journey that I have experienced summoning the spirits that I summon. I don’t just say that because I’m full of myself, I say that because I have tried certain other methods and found them to be extremely underwhelming over a period of several months with shitty results. The proliferators of such methods seem to have chosen to attack me in a hissy fit of jealous rage (maybe I’m just delusional, who even knows), which is why I usually watch my words and try not to tell people that their practices are shallow and lacking because I have better things to do with my time than deal with such idiots (and I have a respectable fear of the ole ban hammer), and I understand that magick is just religion for most magicians, which is ok.

I’m not talking about you here DormiensDei, I like you and appreciate your contributions to this community which you have been making for some time, and though it took me a good while to write this, I did enjoy doing it.

7 Likes

You got to make sure you really mad to curse. You don’t even need the targets picture of you good with visualisation

Draw energy from the most fucked up shit that ever happened to you…go deep in the abyss and pull out the hatred, venom, energy…be in a fucking rage…you know the type you see in cartoons with smoke coming out of the ears and nostrils…be like a bull in a china shop

3 Likes

That’s why it’s best to do multiple curse over say 6 months…maybe twice a month? Different ones at least one must hit the target squarely

Most people gravitate to curses cuz they have been wrong. And with that comes stress and imbalance from the emotions of being wronged. So there comes desperation to do something.

People need to let go of all the stress and emotions or channel it toward the magick. One have to be healthy and well. Most people stress out about the magick and get all tired and no sleep and physical ,mental, emotional body is out of balance/wack. SO i wouldn’t think there is power in the magick if one’s will/emotion/physical health/energy is not energized or balance. So many people cast when they are tired or exhausted out of need. It’s all about one’s energy. weather it be emotion or physical health, it’s still energy. Even mind thoughts are energy. So work on self to be balance and more power to your magick will it be. THne there is the frequent casting to make sure magick works. No one can do a one hit spell all the time. It’s highly unlikely.

Another thing if you don’t know. STress release cortisol. Too much in your system and it’s poison. It’s also one of the hormones that makes one’s metabolism slow which cause fat and pot belly. So the key to life is rid of long term stress. They affect your magick too.

It’s about energy management and many don’t do well in the aspects. Especially the food intake which do affect energy. When one eat well and take good rest, i find one’s mind and focus is easier. It’s easier to manipulate energy of sorts and different states of thoughts. Everything is more empowered.

6 Likes

@Ritam_Bhattacharjee
Of course doing that don’t work. You have to make a request. calling them up with sigil/enn don’t do anything other than calling them up. =o)

1 Like

Use this technique:

3 Likes