Why we shouldn't mix fire and air?

E.A. made a comment on his livechat to not mix fire and air before he said that archangels aren’t welcomed in his temple.
Can someone elaborate on what happens when we have just these 2 elements in one working?
Is this just between fire and air, or between water and earth too?
I have worked with Raphael and Michael together but didn’t notice anything weird.

3 Likes

It is a matter of taste

4 Likes

Did he happen to mention why archangels are not welcome in his temple?

If you read the Gatekeeper workings, he banished them pretty ferociously as part of that, and it’s not the first time.
In the book of Azazel they were explicitly banished at the beginning of the Lake of Fire ritual so they wouldn’t interfere.

I would expect there’s more to it that wasn’t written down, but it’s a running theme.

7 Likes

Fire and Air go “boom”. They are an explosive combination.

I don’t know what the context of the conversation was on EA’s livechat, but the warning not to mix the two elements is because, without the balance of the other two, Fire and Air can create chaotic, disruptive, and forceful change. It’s why the “dangerous” Enochian square EA mentions in his book Evoking Eternity is considered to be so.

That’s because neither Michael nor Raphael consist of the raw element they are assigned to.

7 Likes

Thanks for the explanation!

2 Likes

Becouse mixing elements can create not only metaphysical change but also a physical phenomena and by mixing air and fire you can create an actual fire as written in Franz Bardon book “initiation into hermetics”. You should be careful with those elements, becouse fire elementals salamanders can escape and start fires around your house. In all ways working and invoking raw elements should be done very carefuly and then you also have to banish them after. That is why it is not reccomended to work magick from home where you live, or if you do be careful.

4 Likes

Are you talking about when he breaked some special sigils made out of clay of the archangels? I remember in the video ‘Belial possessed my wife’ is when he said he went in all 4 corners and smashed them and said your not welcomed here. He did mention if he needs to call them he goes outside, in a live chat he did say that Michael and Raphael don’t like being called in his temple so he just talks to them out side It’s been a while so I can’t remember if it was those two or just any of the angles

5 Likes

Funny. I actually was going to make the same thread but My question was going to be ‘Should you be careful on what other spirit you evoke next if they are a different element than the other spirit you called 1st in the same room?’

3 Likes

Ahhh gotcha. Thank you.

1 Like

:sweat_smile: I never thought its an issue until E.A warns against it! When people say certain spirits don’t work together for them I take it with salt!

2 Likes

Yes that’s the one. A description of the whole ritual is in the Book of Azazel.

This came up last week but I don’t remember the keywords to find the thread. Something about the Enochian squares I think, which might also use fire and air and that’s why it’s recommended to use in a safe sort of way - for ‘only spiritual’ purposes.
DarkestKnight said something similar on that thread… my memory is fuzzy as I don’t pay much attention to posts about the Enochian current.

5 Likes

Yeah, I think someone above mentioned he also explained it in Evoking Eternity so yeah it’s totally a thing.

1 Like

Aah gotcha! I never knew that’s when he put out that book I still need to read it by the way I just never got around of buying it yet.

1 Like

Hmn, if I recall correctly, I think it’s also a lesson in Ordo Ascensum Aetrynalis. If I got that right, this goes back a ways. I have a feeling its based on older satanist grimoires that are basically xtian-based. So, xtias made these labels, and decided ‘angels’ are the opposite of ‘demons’, ergo angels like to obstruct ‘demonic’ workings. OAA teaches you to call the archangels with the LBRP, and then in the next lesson you banish them.
In actuality I think the labels are fake, their purpose was control not education, so you can’t trust them.

Me, I call them all ‘daemons’ and don’t make that distinction - but I never had a xtian bone in my body, so this lens, or expectation/limitation, in my thinking is never a thing I had to handle in my workings.
So, given I don’t subconsciously think of ‘angels’ and ‘demons’ as valid labels worth using, while some labels can be helpful tools for communication, in this case they were deliberately abused and weaponsied, they just get in the way of what’s real and don’t add anything useful.

1 Like

Oh! Speaking of Air Lucifer is air right?? What about Naamah?

1 Like

Some say he corresponds with air some say fire :woman_shrugging:

1 Like

I think whether or not you should mix fire and air depends on what you’re trying to accomplish. The flames that you see in real life are fire mixed with air and not “pure” fire. The word for things burning is oxidation, because normal fire is a chemical reaction that takes place in air and oxygen is part of air. Many of the ancients would’ve absolutely loved for you to mix fire and air, and not Christians but pagans, because hot elements were often considered a good thing and cold elements were often considered a bad thing, and fire and air are the hot elements. However, unless you’re just trying to have some sort of fire ceremony for the sake of fire, you’re never going to be mixing only fire and air.

1 Like