Why Vamp?

I do not know if this question has been asked (I’ve scanned and read through quite a few QA on this section)
but I’m still figuring out the reasons why one feeds off energy? Mostly I’ve seen people do it to experiment — affect people, create servitors, power servitors, etc.

I used to feed a lot when I was following Father Sebastiaan’s regimen in his book The Sanguinomicon. He said you had to feed to give your collected prana to the Undead Gods…

I did have success with giving some prana to them but after awhile I thought…
who the hell are these Undead Gods? Why must I pander to them? Why must I earn their favor to become immortal? I can become immortal on my own!

and so I stopped feeding them, who for all we know could be Sebastiaan’s servitors rather than actual spirits…we could be feeding Sebastiaan without even knowing…

So, without wanting to affect people (my curses wreak havoc enough) or pander to “spirits who can grant you immortality”, what other reason is there to feed off energy? Is it purely an ego-booster? Do we need it to strengthen our Will or something?

Should we be focusing on building our prana/chi from within rather than pooling it and filtering it?
Yes everything has its pros and cons and there are reasons for doing one technique over the other, I just like to hear other people’s opinions on the subject to better inform my own (I am also working with several spirits who I hope will help me figure out the same question).

3 Likes

Practicing Vampirism is much more then simply Feeding, Feeding is Basicly a Tool used for many Purpose, Be it Lower Magick or Sorcery or Higher Magick Theurgy, both Being Linked together anyway.

Vampirism is for me, the Path of Transformation, the Path on which we Transform ourself, Burn away and Destroy all the Layers that were added to our ‘‘Being’’ by Society, Family, Religion etc.

Going Back to our Primal Self, our ‘‘Animal Self’’’, Feeding on other Human Being cause an ‘‘Alchemical Transformation’’ in the Vampire, it awaken Primal Instinct, powers and Change the Perception we have of the world we Live in, it Transform our Subjective Reality.

Also Feeding allow you to Progress very Fast in your Magickal Developement, and a Great Part of Vampirism and Magick as well is to learn how to use Energy for Many Purpose.

Yes we Should Work on Increasing and Building our Pranic Energy, our Chi, and Feeding is a Wonder method.

Usually When Feeding a Filter is not needed, the Pranic Energy being very Easy to Transform, most of the time only the Intent to grow Strong from the Energy of the Prey will Clean it of any Impurity. Also, Vampire most Often Feed on Seemingly Healthy Person.

If Filtering is Needed i find that Using a Citrine Quartz work Wonderfully well, since this Gem dont need to be cleansed, it doesn’t become Polluated by ‘‘Negative Energy’’ but instead transform it completely. Holding it in your Right Hand or Left Hand while Feeding or keeping it on yourself will Work well.

3 Likes

Vampirism is coming to terms with nature. We all feed so you must become aware of the Giving just as much as the Taking as Society itself is built off a complex relationship of exchanges. The Ascendrd Vampires can live at peace in society and become more well off rather than renegades whom live on the outskirts. Vampires can be thr most essentric or nor.al people.

Those who call vampires parasites know absolutely nothing about vampirism and very little about magick. Vampirism is pure magick. You can consrrve energy, but keep in mind in order to participate in society you are always feeding something, as Society is a complex cycle of feeding relationships.

There are many reasons to feed. Some people feed to weaken their prey, some feed to use the energy in ritual. Some feed to charge servitors and thoughtforms. These are just three reasons that I use it. There are many more.

3 Likes

Personally I’ve found feeding as a useful way to wake myself up if I’m sleepy or fatigued and to boost my own magic. It’s also amusing to see someone go from happy and healthy to tired, in pain and feeling really ill/rundown in a matter of minutes.

1 Like

[quote=“lefthandedgoddess, post:1, topic:8247”]I do not know if this question has been asked (I’ve scanned and read through quite a few QA on this section)
but I’m still figuring out the reasons why one feeds off energy? Mostly I’ve seen people do it to experiment — affect people, create servitors, power servitors, etc.

I used to feed a lot when I was following Father Sebastiaan’s regimen in his book The Sanguinomicon. He said you had to feed to give your collected prana to the Undead Gods…

who the hell are these Undead Gods? Why must I pander to them? Why must I earn their favor to become immortal? I can become immortal on my own!

and so I stopped feeding them, who for all we know could be Sebastiaan’s servitors rather than actual spirits…we could be feeding Sebastiaan without even knowing…

So, without wanting to affect people (my curses wreak havoc enough) or pander to “spirits who can grant you immortality”, what other reason is there to feed off energy? Is it purely an ego-booster? Do we need it to strengthen our Will or something?

Should we be focusing on building our prana/chi from within rather than pooling it and filtering it?
Yes everything has its pros and cons and there are reasons for doing one technique over the other, I just like to hear other people’s opinions on the subject to better inform my own (I am also working with several spirits who I hope will help me figure out the same question).[/quote]

For a Vampire, this action is the most basic and clearest manifestation of our nature. In itself, that is reason enough. There are side benefits, but acknowledging our nature as spiritual predators is the most fundamental reason. Personally, I take some energy for myself, some for my magic, some I feed to my servitors. Like you, I came into the process of Vampirism through the teachings of the Temple of the Vampire, which Father Todd “incorporated” into his Strigoi Vii teachings for the Sanguinomicon. Unlike you, I do engage in the exchange of energies with different Vampiric entities, not so vague as some kind of “Undead Gods” or “Strigoi Morte” to use the technical term, but in rituals to specific Vampiric entities like Lilith, Samael the Black, Akhkharu, etc. I find such exchanges to be mutually beneficial, both in accelerating my progress and focus as well as maintaining a metaphysical connection with these beings.

1 Like

[quote=“Venenum, post:6, topic:8247”][quote=“lefthandedgoddess, post:1, topic:8247”]I do not know if this question has been asked (I’ve scanned and read through quite a few QA on this section)

Yes everything has its pros and cons and there are reasons for doing one technique over the other, I just like to hear other people’s opinions on the subject to better inform my own (I am also working with several spirits who I hope will help me figure out the same question).[/quote]

For a Vampire, this action is the most basic and clearest manifestation of our nature. In itself, that is reason enough. There are side benefits, but acknowledging our nature as spiritual predators is the most fundamental reason. Personally, I take some energy for myself, some for my magic, some I feed to my servitors. Like you, I came into the process of Vampirism through the teachings of the Temple of the Vampire, which Father Todd “incorporated” into his Strigoi Vii teachings for the Sanguinomicon. Unlike you, I do engage in the exchange of energies with different Vampiric entities, not so vague as some kind of “Undead Gods” or “Strigoi Morte” to use the technical term, but in rituals to specific Vampiric entities like Lilith, Samael the Black, Akhkharu, etc. I find such exchanges to be mutually beneficial, both in accelerating my progress and focus as well as maintaining a metaphysical connection with these beings.[/quote]

I really like how you worded your response :slight_smile:

I never thought of it like that before – that feeding IS the main point, not just what comes with it…

Why do you eat?

It is the same.

[quote=“Velotak, post:8, topic:8247”]Why do you eat?

It is the same.[/quote]

Yes but what we can do with the energy is different than what we can do with the energy we get from food.
Theoretically we can do more with the energy we get from feeding.

[quote=“lefthandedgoddess, post:9, topic:8247”]Yes but what we can do with the energy is different than what we can do with the energy we get from food.
Theoretically we can do more with the energy we get from feeding.[/quote]

We use the energy from food to act.

Food becomes power for us.

My statement stands. Eating gives the power for action, regardless of plane.

[quote=“lefthandedgoddess, post:9, topic:8247”][quote=“Velotak, post:8, topic:8247”]Why do you eat?

It is the same.[/quote]

Yes but what we can do with the energy is different than what we can do with the energy we get from food.
Theoretically we can do more with the energy we get from feeding.[/quote]

When we eat food we either turn it into energy(lipids), take something in that we couldn’t get any other way (vitamins), or take it apart to remake it and our own version of it (proteins).

How is the application of magical energy any different?

If i dont vampyrise i dont functionate, for some reasons when i dont vampyrise after some time i get anxsious, depresed…and can not even go outside.When i start to vampyrise again i do just great, im happy, i can get friends, work i can live…i vampyrise because i need that energy to mentaly survive.Some times i fill like im the dead among the living but to be alive i must feed on people around me…

may be it is the sad story…or my chakras are just broken or dont produce energy.

and sorry if there are grammar errors english is just not my native language

1 Like