Why non-lodge members should be careful

In The Hermetic Order of the Golden Dawn, there is a main aspect which is Greek and Egyptian magic, but Judaic and Christian elements as they are tied together.
What the problem is goes back to days of Genesis.
In those days you were literate only if you were of royal or priestly descent, hence Moses. Otherwise, all teaching was symbolic and orally taught line to line.
It is the same way with published papers, there are intentional blinds or gaps missing that was only complete by supplemented oral teaching. This relying on books only is a greater chance of producing a failure.

6 Likes

A secondary point to consider is that attacking a group is unwise, is that the Egregore purpose is to advance and evolve through agreed mutual ideals and to protect it at all costs. The sum total of aspirations, passion and knowledge fueling those ideals can be a tremendous backlash.

5 Likes

:heart::mage::heart:

1 Like

If you watch EA’s video where he gives that lecture to the Golden Dawn, you’ll see why I don’t respect them damned ol’ fluff bunnies. But EA kept his cool and gave a helluva lecture. It’s one of my favorite videos of his. https://youtu.be/LT-A6hUWNcs

5 Likes

Well, that GDer is a butt of many jokes and insults. Kinda funny when Fraternal harmony is a common ideal.

1 Like

They’re such crybabies and virtue signalers. I may not agree with their Thelemite cousins on everything but at least they’re capable of humor and thinking outside of the box.

2 Likes

At least Thelemites push their will as their agenda. Do want thou wilt.

1 Like

Hard to argue with that law but Christians and other dingalings find a way.

1 Like