Why is this never mentioned on this forum?

I’ve been a member for almost a year now, and I wonder, why doesn’t anyone ever mention how powerful dancing is as both meditation and evocation?
I’m a professional belly dancer and there’s honestly no better way for me to focus, build up strong and positive energy, or to evoke and come in contact with an entity. Also, draining energy from people that are watching is easy when you’re really enjoying what you do to, the point that you’re lost in it (it took me a long time until I realized I’ve been doing this).
Or the feeling of dancing alone in the woods at night while the wind is blowing, it’s undescribable. I tried it the night before and it put me in a trance-like state, it made me feel something I’ve never felt before. Normal meditation has never made me feel that way.

Dancing as a form of meditation is so powerful and such and underrated topic, and I believe more people should try it. Dancing has become a huge part of my life, it transformed me and my whole life, and I can’t imagine where I’d be without it.

41 Likes

I think you brought up some good points. I think belly dancing is so beautiful. I would love to learn how. :sparkling_heart:

11 Likes

Hiya OP! I’m not sure about the answer to your question, but I assume it’s because of a combination of lack of data and an unwillingness or inability to broach the subject by some sources. There’s an argument to be made that dance is the strongest form of meditation, either between structured movements to develop personal energies or to merge with forces or as a resonance with the waveform of reality itself. If you quiet your mind on a windy elevation and dance to the winds, keep your ears open, and you will hear the local songs of that time and the direction you’re facing. It’s real neat! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Because it’s not common/cool to some people, simply put.

2 Likes

It can be pretty fun, but I think most rather sit/lay and meditate rather than get up and dance meditate.

3 Likes

Yeah, dance as meditation amongst (if I’m not mistaken) Sufi and, on a Web page giving a general outline for spells, dancing was one of the options for raising energy.

4 Likes

I feel a lot of occultists, especially some on here, be like

IMG_3017

:wink:

20 Likes

You should do more topics explaining because I’m curious right now :slight_smile:
Sounds very interesting

6 Likes

I use to self teach myself lol.

6 Likes

I just think it’s beautiful, sexy and you get the exercise in plus raise some energy :slight_smile: it’s a win/win

8 Likes

Tai Chi, Yoga, Qigong, martial arts, they’re all forms of dance, and dance itself is a form of martial art (Looking at you for an easy example, Capoeira). Also of note is the dervishes of Sufism, that get their groove thang on as part of their spiritual practices. With a bit of mindfulness, one can use the sense of the bodies movements and the minds sense of energy to harmonize the whole and attain a more perfect union of the physical and the metaphysical, a blending of the yin and the yang.

8 Likes

Girl you got that one right.

6 Likes

I LOVE dancing! Belly dancing is such a fantastic way to get in your body and move energy - totally agree! I think dance taught me how to move and feel energy in such a visceral way. That combination of mood of music, and physical expression. I’ve had some really powerful moments just through dance - ecstatic
Fuck yeah!
Ha that’s all I’ve got :joy::+1: great thought, all about it :tipping_hand_woman::tipping_hand_woman::tipping_hand_woman:

5 Likes

I’ve tried promoting dance and movement a few times to people who are like “oh my ADHD means I can’t (whatever)” and that shamans in many cultures dance when they journey, AS they journey, in spirit realms, but it’s not my area of expertise so I’m limited as to what I can recommend, and it’s not really caught on.

If you have experience around using dance in meditation etc., PLEASE share some ideas! :+1:

18 Likes

I have the proverbial “two left feet”. Unfortunately I didn’t inherit either of my parents sense of rhythm. However I have been in Native American (Cherokee) and many of those movements build power and energy. Replicating them on my own has proven effective at inducing trance states, especially for possession.

5 Likes

I never thought about dancing as meditation but you’re totally right! I joined my first french bal folk last week having never really danced before, and the energy, especially as a group, was just indescribably amazing. Have any of you incorporated it into rituals, or have any tips on how to meditate with dance?

3 Likes

First time I evoked Pazuzu to assist in a curse, I slowly started rocking in random directions, as the intensity picked up more and more of my body responded to the chaotic movements.

I attributed that to him being a demon of the wind, but I will never forget how much and how quickly energy was raised. Awesome topic!

4 Likes

@Elesp Different strokes for different folks. It’s a temperament issue. I 100% agree that ecstatic dance can lead to a massive level of buildup of energy, hence the often entanglement with passionate dance and primo sexual activity…if one is into such things. That being said we have many types here, from full on traditional ceremonial sword shouting out fire & brimstone at the subtle airs both solo and in groups, to butt naked solo practioners doing any number of deviant acts with their spirit lovers… The idea is similar but the approach varies. Personally I think that adding some adept belly dancing associates to a ritual could be very intriguing…

5 Likes

Seems odd that no one would talk about it. I mean there are a lot of Voudoun Practitioners in this forum. And dancing is pretty stock for that traditions rituals

2 Likes

And if you’ve ever had the experience of attending a Voudoun ritual, you’ll know that they can kick up some pretty damn impressive amounts of energy

1 Like