Why have rule as that?

Hi! I found a spell video and I have one question. She is preparing the spell after that she said: you must be do this at 3am or 3pm only this time lines… If I did in different time, what will gonna happened, or why time is important?

Probably nothing different.

My guess is these solid times developed as a misunderstanding of the Planetary Hours (The Golden Dawn themselves misunderstood the timing instructions in The Lesser Key of Solomon).

Timing can be very important, and add immense power to a spell when it is done by traditional astrological timing, but using the fixed 24 Hour clock is too arbitrary.

So, it likely won’t make a difference unless you’re timing by traditional astrological rules.

4 Likes

There is a certain energy that seems to occur around 3 AM. EA Koetting had a video about it, which, sadly, is no longer available, but he talked about how it is different than any other time.

4 Likes

3 is considered a powerful number in many cultures. 3am is the “witching hour” in which is said to be a particularly powerful time for magic.

Doing the spell at other times may not make it as potent but it should still work. Depends on you and the work in general.

2 Likes

It’s not like anything bad will happen. 3am just, as has been said, is a powerful time. Historically it has been, which is why it’s called The Witching Hour. And it continues to be. Magick done when others are asleep, when you’re alone and peaceful, when targets’ minds are silent/sleeping/have lower defenses and magick done when there’s less conscious resistance is just different. It also just gives your ritual a different vibe to be done at 3am. 3 is a magickal number for several reasons and to pair it with night and quiet and power amplifies what it can bring to your magick.

Some people will have much better responses than this. Have you googled it? Or put 3am witching hour/magick at 3am into YouTube?

2 Likes

Like others said, it’s the witches hour, the time when the layer of the spirit world is at it’s thinnest.

…but the most important aspect isn’t when, but rather why you’re doing the ritual in the first place. Your intention is the key, and if your intention is strong enough the time doesn’t matter at all. You can even do the ritual in reverse and still get the results you’re looking for.

A ritual can work as an enhancement to your intentions, a preporatory tool that starts as soon as you think about it.

There’s instances of targeted spirits showing up to the conjurer days before the actual ritual. It’s because their intentions has been caught by the spirit.

1 Like

Is there no way for balg to upload their videos straight to the forum? Sorry it’s off topic. Just curious.

No. The Discourse software isn’t really set up for that.

1 Like

I see. Thank you.