Why does the sun drain us

Do you get drained or sapped by the sun? How often and how much? Any wonder if it’s related to your level of power?

1 Like

Huh. I’ve never heard of being drained by the sun. Usually the sun is vitalizing and healing, and is used to recharge oneself.

7 Likes

The sun doesn’t sap, heat does.

The sun provides vitamin D.

3 Likes

I love being in the sun when I’ve been sick, to recharge.

4 Likes

I often feel drained by the sun, even if I’m in a well air-conditioned car, or sun room. Black-out curtains are my friend. If I have to do errands in the day time, I found them easier to do if I prep my energy the night before first. If I don’t prep myself, it becomes an endurance challenge for me.

1 Like

The light hurts me as well, it’s a vampire thing lol

1 Like

Many people vampirize the sun for its energy. I think what you mean is how feel physically drained when you’ve been at the beach for hours in the beating sun at 100 degrees Fahrenheit. Yea that heat is tiresome and it dehydrates us, and if you’re Celtic like me the UV rays burn your skin, which adds to the draining effect. Still, I love to meditate facing the sun in the evenings. I usually imagine its light coming into me with each in breath, and negativity leaving me with each out breath. Time in the sun is revitalizing for me in moderate amounts

2 Likes

I’m a ginger and I fell recharged and happy when I fell the sun hitting my skin. Hell, I actually am beginning to have a darker skin when I age which is odd considering that a pale person stays a pale person. This may have something to do with my DNA that mutates at it’s own will.

I actually used to get sunburned by being in the shadow. Yes, the shadow.

I was always hospitalise as a child and doctors would fight over who would check me first​:rofl::ok_hand:

I use the sun all the time Haha
#sunforpresident2020

Mmm, toxin-carrying sweat and vitamin D in the form ultraviolet radiation. Yup the sun definitely does more harm. We should get rid of those plants. They thrive on what we can’t get: space food.

In all seriousness though, I actually quite like the sun. I don’t like too much heat though.

1 Like

I had a thought…do the magnetic effects of the sun drain or hinder magic or psychic power

I think electromagnetism is one of the main forces of how magic functions, so any magnetic influences from the sun is more likely to enhance magic than depleate it, especially if you know how to utilize it.

You can intentionally use sun energy regardless of where the sun is in relation to the Earths shadow. It’s important for balancing sometimes, and is a portal to the black hole at the center of the galaxy.

Oh, I can’t do sun - Celtic skin and allergic to sunscreen. (And here in the US the top 5 sunscreen ingredients are carcinogens banned in the EU anyway, so I hear, can’t be arsed to look up the citation, I’d still be allergic anyway). But I have glasses that automatically transition to sunglasses and stay 100% covered up and in a wide brimmed hat - I carry my shade with me, so it’s ok. I like to hike but only do it in Spring and Autumn.

Going out in it I feel the radiation as a very yang, aggressive, in-my-face presence… not a fan of that. I feel attacked and that’s what’s draining: the effort I automatically put into extra protective qi. Doesn’t have to be hot though, it’s dependent on brightness - so it can be worse in Winter when it’s reflected off the snow and it’s so bright you can’t see - they make face shields and snoods for snowboarders for that. But Winter sun feels more sort of spikey to me. Not super fond of a full moon on a clear night either, I’ll take a dark night anytime.

1 Like

So how the you feel when it’s cloudy weather. Are you more happy spending time outside then etc?

VkK9kky
giphy-4

6 Likes

I’ve actually heard the opposite and that many people even so some shit called “sun gazing” where they essentially do “photosynthesis” lmao. They use the sun for an energy boost.
I dont think it the actual sun thats draining. Just the heat.

3 Likes

Omfg benchwarmers :rofl: .

4 Likes

If I’m in the heat for a while it can feel exhausting. Usually it makes me feel more alive.

1 Like

Yes! :joy::heart:

2 Likes

I can be drained by the sun without even going outside. When it’s cloudy I’m super energized and ecstatic… you know, how most people are on a normal sunny day. Some people get the seasonal depression called S.A.D. in the Winter, I get it in the Summer. Doesn’t mean I despise the sun, just less of it is happiness to me.

1 Like