Why does DoM have a warning for Belial?

“Belial’s powers are immense, and should only be employed when truly required”

What is the significance of this warning? Why is Belial the only spirit from the book with such a warning? I have called on Bael for very mundane and minor things and he has came through, situations where he really wasn’t truly required. I have only had good or neutral experiences with any other spirit I have worked with so far.

What is so special about Belial that makes him dangerous? I read that he hates addictions, may be a trickster, wants to help you change, etc… but in the book with all due respect his abilities seem almost lackluster, it seems like all his powers relate to making others perceive you as stronger, better, which helps you gain prestige and respect… So why does he have a warning while spirits that can do baneful works like Marbas and Glasya Labolas have no warning? Of course I don’t mean to offend the spirit or people who work with him, I plan on calling him eventually, I am just wondering why he has warnings while no one else seems to.

2 Likes

Interesting considering he seems to delight at trying help people with mundane things. I know a few a few witches and magicians who calll upon him to help with thing like the lottery, bad habbits, and personal finance.

5 Likes

I’m not sure why the book calls him dangerous. Is his energy intense? Yes.
Can it get overwhelming? Yes
Is he harsh? Yes.
But my level of harsh will not be same as your level of harsh.

He will be what he needs to be to teach you or to help you with what you asked him to help you with. He will be dangerous if you’re reckless and careless, strict if you need a good push to make you get the work done. But he is also gentle when you’re low and just not feeling good. He can be both “go, go, GO” and “take a break”, it really depends on where you are in your journey and the next destination.

To sum it up, in my experience with him (it is still ongoing, it has been a few weeks) his energy is intense, no doubt. You need to be careful because his energy can sort of sweep you in a way? I don’t know how it’s for others but I couldn’t get him out of my head when I started, and I had to really ground and center myself.

Lots of people experience anger while working with him. I have too, occasionally. I haven’t been possessed by him, nor have others around me. It might be because I’m still fairly new to the practical stuff with limited experience. So I think the he’s called dangerous because working with him is an emotional rollercoaster. You will face what you fear from others and yourself. You need to understand and be prepared imo.

13 Likes

Maybe it’s hinting at collateral damage. I’ve had Belial shake things up in my life in a big way, although not when called within this system, so it’s just a guess.

9 Likes

Well you’re asking a good question actually. Spirits like glaysa labolas, Leraje, andras, can be unpredictable and possibly dangerous depending on who’s calling them. I think the DOM doesn’t warn about this because the DOM assumes you’ll be employing the corresponding Shem angels to pacify the spirit and make it behave properly. I don’t know why king belial was so so singled out either. I’ve worked with him a few times and never had any problems and I don’t use even use the shem angels. :face_with_raised_eyebrow::thinking::thinking::thinking::thinking:

5 Likes

I do not read this as a warning at all.

4 Likes

I sincerely think that warning is a bit out of place. Why? Sure, Belial can be dangerous. You know who is more dangerous? You. The depths of your self.
Example: Myself. I started this work with an egg-headed approach. I cursed every mofo left and right. Guess what? After some time, I noticed that in my day-to-day life I was only on the look out for people to curse. You get what you focus on.

6 Likes

In my opinion Dantalion is the most difficult. Every time I worked with him, I felt signs of a strong obsession and other unusual sensations and feelings in me.

I have plans to work with Belial tonight using a mix of the DOM system but without the angels.
I will only use my initial meditation, the 3 pathworkings of Hargrove, Spartacus and Winterfield in sequence and the petition, written with my blood.
No offerings but I will use blood and semen in the sigil, candles and incense.

We’ll see what happens. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Belial is intens, but he is generous as long as you do your part.

I suggest you do not fear any demons at all, it is archangel Michael you should worry about if you do not do your part in your interactions with him, because he is so extremely bold.

4 Likes

Belial is awesome, but he’s intense. Don’t be scared but at the same time, proceed with caution

3 Likes

He can tend to spread his ambience around more than some spirits, and his offices are varied enough that a magician may work with him more often than some spiritsa who are usually only consulted about baneful magick.

6 Likes

I got the same message while meditating.
But is more like, “Don’t shoot a dog with a missile”.

The reason is that King Belial’s energy is really strong, to the point it affects your health, at least that is the case in many people, for what I have read in other places talking about entities in general.

He said something like this to me: “I am Belial, my power is immense… I hope you called me for a good reason”.

2 Likes

Yeah, he doesn’t want to be on an unworthy case. He enjoys a challenge. Again, I have said this elsewhere, I have known him to influence people in erotic binding magick to the point of verbally saying they don’t understand why they want someone else so badly, while not stopping or leaving when free to do so.

He doesn’t play.

Cursing a Judge is a worthy task for the King of the North Belial?

This was my experience with Belial too.

My physical health took a deep dive and my mental health was abyssal for about a year and a half. It seems like an extreme price, but a year and a half of that is better than the lifetime of what could have been much worse. He’d helped me avoid that.

Yeah I agree, that "should only be employed when truly required” doesn’t really read like a warning. He’s intense though, so it’s good advice not to bother him with trivial things as a beginner. Especially if your first contact with him is asking for (trivial) stuff

I know nothing about DoM apart from some mentions on this forum, but someone mentioned DoM relies on the Shem angels to pacify the demons you work with?
If that is indeed so… as far as my experience with Belial goes, that sounds like the prime difficulty in this case for someone inexperienced. Nothing wrong with that tactic for contacting spirits (just not my personal style)
Belial is not called The Worthless One, The Lawless and He Who Is Without Master for nothing ^^. Imagine living up to those titles since the humans were hardly more than hairless tribal monkeys and some little b***h human that doesn’t really know what it’s doing starts trying to bind you in the name of angels, without even so much as an introduction.
I like to think I share the same sense of humor with lord Belial in that, I would definitely mess with it first before even considering to listen to it’s request

5 Likes

I channeled him yesterday for a buddy, without even an invocation, just sharing his whispers and his energy was stuck in my aura with intense pressure for like an hour. When he writes through you even without invocation or partial possession, just dictation, his presence can mess with your aura seriously. I had to do an LBRP with a familiar later just to feel freed of it. He had already departed by then, but the residual was a lot. I love what he teaches about protecting and defending your true love though. He wants you to be a tower and a pinnacle and a shield of silent strength.

4 Likes