Why do you dislike the Chakra and/or its westernized system?

Wanna share the name of the book???

I never cared about the Chakras, never used them in any way or form. Actually I don’t believe in it at all. I think it’s absolutely made up nonsense… there is no evidence to support it. It’s just mental programming. Self-fulfilled prophecy. You keep programming your mind to believe they exist by using self hypnosis and visualization until you get a subconscious reaction. Then use that reaction as proof, while it’s the other way around.

This is my opinion at least. I know many people believe and follow this system religiously in everything they practice. No offence intended but I think it’s religious B.S

4 Likes

Kundalini Tantra is a great book about the chakras and I second Swami Sivananda. I think there is a lot of jealousy on the part of westerners that this type of system exists outside the west that has so much power within it.

2 Likes

Hmmm, may be that’s true also. Within last 1-2 months saw several threads asking why chakra system should not be part of the ‘‘western occult path’’? And it should be either gotten rid of or is pure bullshit.

Don’t see any claim/statement like that about demons and angels. Or about astral travel!!!

Well, humans will be human, doesn’t matter if they are white, brown, black or yellow !!!

Path Notes of An American Ninja Master by Glenn Morris.

He accomplished the kundalini using Chinese qi gong techniques, no chakras required.

2 Likes

Till I read the book ‘Tantra Illuminated’ I didn’t know that chakra system wasn’t part of the original yogic thought or schools. The author shows references and says CW Leadbeater of Theosophy introduced chakra system with colours in the west or something like that…and there is no such parallel in the Yoga.

Regardless what the author says there are old texts showing chakras in human body…and the point is chakra system works and you can see them for yourself.

2 Likes

Tantra illuminated is one of the best books i have ever read. Its unfortunate that the author takes only a rationalist perspective, and fails to understand the magical part of it but it is still really good

1 Like

Chakra system Is as much part of the yogic schools as asanas or dhyana/meditation. It is not part of Raja yoga, thats all. Hatha yoga, tantra yoga and kriya yoga is all about chakras. But these were mainly oral traditions, seperate from mainstream vedic traditions, that’s why one won’t get much scriptural references about it. Anyway agama, nigama scriptures are full of chakra references.

I have a theory, I believe that the kundalini can be raised in any form amd personality. The deities that one prays to are basically the kundalini itself taking up various forms, depending on the visualisation. Should be true for almost all entities, and that is why so many metaphorical symbols are hidden amongst them, as some great yogis of the past raised their kundalini in a certain form amd then released the energy into the astral world to help out others.

I would say U got 80% of it right. But the mysteries of the gods/deities isn’t an easy one to solve. Till have to know/hear from somebody who makes sense completely about this. And just cuz two deity belong to same archetype doesn’t mean they are the same. And that’s the biggest piece of the puzzle!!?

Yeah… Because there are some entities that were never human to start with, some that were, and some that will never be. But as we see, Most entities look animal like or human like, which basically means that someone created them ie., raised their kundalini in that form example kali, and then released the energy out into the astral world for us to attract.

1 Like