Why do spirits like incense?

Why do spirits see incense as an offering? Does it open doors? How does it boost/serve them?

2 Likes

Do they like it??? Probably not but it has with manifestation to do and vibration. The smoke is of a density which is easier to control and form. Spirits can bring important insights through the smoke and some planes of existence are more sensitive to certain smells, smokes and densities

5 Likes

Certain spirits be like.

Nocap.

6 Likes

I think it’s more of they can use it as a base for manifestation rather then liking it. However certain spirits seem to have preferences on what types of inscence…so who knows…

3 Likes

@Tim.Amarok I think it depends on what type of scent it is usually it part of that spirits or deity correspondences of things they like so it strengthens the connection to that deity as well as act as a manifestation tool during ritual. Same can be said for candles as the flames can act as signs of manifestation through flickering ect while being in the deities/spirits colour scheme.

2 Likes

Like others have said it could be another energy source, a easy way for manifestation, ambience, or ive even heard from people like stephen skinner that spirits just have an incredible sense of smell and inviting them into your place you want things to smell pleasant for them as a polite gesture. So using scents that corrospond to them will make them even more likely to help you.

Ex using sulfur for archangel Michael and rosemary for cassiel won’t get you far but switch the two and they’ll be a little more likely to manifest or help.

1 Like

Old tradition. Offering expensive gifts to gods and spirits, original resin incense is more expensive than sticks. Go back to ages ago it would be a proper offering.

3 Likes

I dont think they actually like them (some might) I believe it’s just associations given to them by humans so the tools dont matter but the energy put into calling them.

2 Likes

Total UPG here, but I have gotten the impression that it (the scent of incense) can feel like eating a meal. Lol, magick is weird.

1 Like

Do you like bad smells? I would assume not.
Since they sometimes take over human bodies, they also see and feel what we feel. Thus… The smoke being a big part for the whole process, but like Velenos says not all of them really like it, it helps us so… But on the other hand the ones that do, some take it seriously, like… Have you had a shower? Your room smells nice?

1 Like

Some spirits’ preference on incense does smell pretty bad but I deal with it because my spirit likes it.

Incense smells bad? Depends what you’re using… You make your own or you buy it?

1 Like

I thought they drew energy from the fumes of incense …

2 Likes

I buy it

You should try and make some, you can actually make it smell nice.

1 Like

Many spirits are made out of air and juicy scents I guess, they like things that represent them

1 Like

I remember reading somewhere that burnt offerings like that have been turned into a more energized form as smoke in the air

2 Likes