Why Do Spirits Answer Us?

Now that’s interesting, I hadn’t thought of that possibility but why not?

2 Likes

Yes. Forced possession at time of death, where you literally seize control of another’s body and live a new incarnation.

5 Likes

Maybe they want to have some fun🤣

5 Likes

The problem with that argument, though, is that the existence of durable thoughtforms (egregores, servitors, and the like) only implies that our minds have the power to create thoughts that can dissociate from our main consciousness. This would not have any bearing on whether spirits, such as the Goetic demons, can objectively exist in addition…

1 Like

In that law, who is the “I”?

2 Likes

I said we, not I. Myself, I plan on living a very long time; possibly forever if I can figure out how. But the statistics are staggering - on average, people die between the age of 80 and 85.

That’s a very interesting perspective. Are you suggesting that they spiritually develop by viewing our world in a similar way to how we develop by viewing theirs? Further to that, do demons sometimes ask questions of us that they don’t know the answer to?

1 Like

I’m very interested in this perspective. Are you aware of any cases/people who have done this?

1 Like

No, I only know it is possible, and that it is very dangerous because the chances of failure are very very high. You are literally in a battle to the death with another consciousness and the penalty for failure is permanent dissolution. I’m pretty sure if someone has accomplished it they wouldn’t go around talking about it. Most consider it to be the “blackest of black magick,” and refuse to discuss it. From what I know, It requires a great deal of raw power and skill, built over years of discipline, and is something beyond most of those who call themselves magicians.

In his book Liber Null and Psychonaut, Peter Carroll refers to it as the Black Rite:

“This rite consists of the forceful entry of a spirit into the body of an already inhabited being. It is both dangerous and unreliable and used only in certain peculiar and desperate situations. It will sometimes result in there being a double life force in one body, if the invading spirit fails to displace the occupant. In this case the
victim will seem to have gone mad. In any case the memory of the taken-over being remains, and the invading-being will have to work through this. Of this rite I have been advised to say no more…”

I think EA might discuss it in his Black Magick course, but I don’t have that one so I’m not sure.

4 Likes

Time is relative and I’m sure at some point the deamons were not deamons so I’m sure they sought ascension, could be from us in the future. I doubt any deamon asks questions, but maybe questions we do receive from anything/anyone are juveniles to be ascended.

Whose to say though, this is deep philosophy and some combination of advanced mathematics required to understand alternate realities, that truly in this very moment I lack. I can only speculate on limited knowledge.

3 Likes

Explain in more detail, please.

1 Like

Explain what?

1 Like

That forced possession thing sound very intriguing. PM me if that makes you feel more comfortable.

1 Like

Lilith told me that spirits do grow and change. That there are emotions, experiences etc that humans have that they normally don’t or rarely don’t. For example she has children but not in the way human women do so when we exchanged energy some kind of spiritual alchemy took place and she seemed pleased to experience the “energy of life” I have as a pregnant woman.

Naamah seemed annoyed by the assumption that spirits don’t change and evolve. She said they do based on their interactions with humans and other spirits.

10 Likes

I can see why, obviously. I suppose I could ethically justify performing this blackest procedure of black magick if my target was someone generally regarded as evil. For example, I wouldn’t have any qualms about doing this to a southern priest touting the evils of homosexuality; in a way, it would be poetic, even. At the time of death, would you have to invade the nearest physical body, or is spatial location irrelevant due to the astral nature of the rite?

1 Like

With a forced possession being so risky, and requiring such discipline, usually the body you “invade” is chosen in advance rather than left to chance, but as to where they are in space/time, it is pretty much irrelevant. If you are powerful enough to attempt the rite, then you would be powerful enough to do it anywhere upon the earth. I would assume you would look for someone weak of will, and easy to dominate though, in order to increase your odds of success, and I have read somewhere that a blood relative is the best to jump into since they are already linked to you by DNA, but I do not know if I believe that. In my opinion, you can take the body of anyone if you have the power.

Hollywood apparently has heard that too, because there were a lot of movies in the 70’s and 80’s with the story line of some rich, powerful sorcerer trying to jump into the body of their young heir. H.P. Lovercraft wrote something along similar lines in “The Case of Charles Dexter Ward,” and "The Thing On the Doorstep, " so the bloodline idea might have something to it since it seems fairly well known.

3 Likes

Very interesting indeed. Are there spirits that could aid in this process?

1 Like

I don’t know about aiding the process, as it is really dependent on the magician’s Will, but there are spirits that can teach the process.

1 Like

I suppose those are two sides of the same coin. Which spirits can teach the process?

1 Like

The one who set the Law. The Mystery that created the Universe.

1 Like

You do know that what you just described is not a forced possession, right?

That question was asked regarding forced possession, which we were discussing. Retrieving memories from a past life is not the same thing at all, and is a fairly simple to do with or without spirit guidance. It’s all the rage in RHP circles and the Ascension Movement. You are not possessing anyone. You are not bringing your memories and knowledge into a new body in any way, but simply accessing the memory of your previous self.

2 Likes