Why do I keep getting bad gateway only on BALG?

Why do I only get bad gateway only on balg? What does bad gateway mean?

1 Like

I get that error as well, it could be an issue with their server.

3 Likes

Sometimes it loses connection with the server. Usually works again after a couple minutes

1 Like

Thank you both your responses guys. It’s strange. Anyway it is working now.
I never have any issues with other websites though just BALG not sure why.
Hopefully it won’t happen again anytime soon seems to be a bit annoying. :blush::wink:

1 Like

The forum has been messing up in many ways for months now. Not sure if the owners are looking into it or not but I assume not.

3 Likes

Hmm funny.

Although, the idea of improvements brought an idea to my mind. I believe we should have a add friend button or, at least subscribe to a member button. It is really hard keeping up with usernames and certain members one may enjoy conversing with or reading certain members posts, and I find I have found quite a few members I enjoy following on this forum but, I have terrible trouble remembering usernames especially as, this forum has so many members. This forum is definitely growing as well. I am sure I am not the only person who feels like this would be quite useful.
Also. Someone might suggest to me the idea of writing down usernames however yes, this is a possibility but nonetheless this is not the point. :blush:
It would be good if this idea could be taken on board.

Please not.

You can bookmark threads.

6 Likes

I’ll pass it along.

1 Like

I understand not everyone will favour this idea. This was a suggestion it could very well be a following button. :blush:

I understand that some people appreciate their peace and do not wish to be nagged all the time. Also I don’t understand why you don’t like the idea.

1 Like

In theory it would work like Muted, only in reverse. Not a popularity metric attached to one’s profile.

5 Likes

So if you add someone as friend you will get notified of their posts?
But what if someone wants to add me to get notified but I don’t want to get notified by their posts?

3 Likes

If anything it should be +follow not +add friend, to avoid this.

3 Likes

Your Profile settings affect what you see, their Profile settings affect what they see, so it shouldn’t conflict, they can still hang on your every wise word :smiley: and you can still ignore their inane ramblings. :+1:

I doubt it would be termed “Friend” but probably just Watched, same as the settings per topic,. But this is all theoretical, I’m just guessing by the way they used neutral language like Ignore & Muted already, that IF they were to adopt this, it would use the same terms as the topic’s settings.

3 Likes

They will also hang on my tmw nonsense though.

2 Likes

Yeah, I think the amount of notifications would drive most people nuts, but I’ll pass the request along and wiser heads than mine can consider the practicalities.

4 Likes

An alternative would be for people to get really diligent about tagging posts, then one could search by all posts with “tutorial” or “effortpost” tags etc. :thinking:

That way, you’d see stuff by other members you may not have noticed before, and see what people are posting about. Another alternative is for people who know they write detailed accounts of things, to post a link in their Journals as well, like “Just updating this to add my tutorial for evoking such-and-such” so those who like that person’s work, can simply follow their Journal.

That’s a personal choice to make, if someone feels confident enough to start treating their Journal as an index of their other work, as well as the usual entries.

3 Likes

Tmw Helena doesn’t want me to cling to her tmw :pleading_face:

5 Likes

I wasn’t aware that this forum had a friend’s feature??? No one’s added me…

1 Like

It doesn’t.

1 Like

Okay, good.