Why different methods?

I always thought, why do a pact if a petition also works… why do a full evocation if you could just do a pact or petition or maybe even an invocation? I’m guessing some provide better results like I hear a pact brings strong results vs a petition but idk, there must be some differences between these methods of working with spirits…thanks guys it’s just been a question on my mind for a while I mean I’ll switch between all those above usually but I’m just curious :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I honestly dont work with petitons myself as it does honestly seems to be degrading but rather see the invocations/evocations as part of longer work with the demons where its seen as something mutualy beneficial.

1 Like

I use petitions mainly like if I don’t have time for a huge ritual like an evocation like one time I was in school and I had a huge test and wanted to ask king paimon to try and calm me and I asked my next classmate over for a piece of paper and I begin drawing his sigil then I wrote my petition down, I then ran to the bathroom to flush it down the toilet while thanking him repeatedly for hearing me…I sat down and told my teacher “I’m ready” so as she was loading the test up on her end I felt his presence circulate in the class room lol…this is where everything got interesting XD. Then when the test started I was VERY VERY calm lol and I felt confident in my answers but I still got like a 60 or 70 I think which was enough to bring my over all grade to an 80 to stay in the class…was expecting something higher but nevertheless he helped me and while I was walking home I couldn’t stop thanking him lol…

So in a nutshell I use petitions as like last minute requests.

I think of it as like a quick text “hey can u help me out tysm!”

1 Like

Looking back at it I want to rephrase my wording, sometimes there is a of sorts included in the invocation/evocation (tough never in regards to mundane matters)

I think of a petition as like a:

Oh shit I forgot to do this I don’t have enough time AHHHH let me shoot a quick text

That was my thought process before the test🤣

Well, you want to think about the contents of your petition carefully and word it right. It’s not a casual thing.

The only times I’ve done petitions was for other people, using thier design. I’m not going to do a full pact on another’s behalf, so there’s one use… making a formal one time request for yourself or another person.

A pact is an ongoing working over time that will continually require input from all sides. So it’s more like embarking on a project. A pact has different applications, use it for really big changes that include inner work under guidance.

I think it’s fair to say there’s a gray area where the application can overlap, in which case i comes down to personal preference. But most of the time a regular ritual, whether it’s a petition or otherwise is plenty and much easier to keep up your end of the work with.

1 Like

Oh ok so I’d suppose a petition would be good for one time fix things…I use petitions when I need king paimon to influence someone’s thoughts for me and he does it without disappointment. Interesting how these things work for sure when I first started I didn’t know what method to start out with lol

They all have a place and are useful for different things. Part of it depends on your personal preference. Here are some general rules of thumb.

Evocation is useful for calling forth and interacting with a spirit for different things, including pacts or petitions. “Full manifestation” isn’t necessary. But being able to interact with the spirit in some way is needed.

Invocation (several types) is beneficial for interacting with the energies of the spirit, but usually geared towards a specific aspect or two that is desired for either inner change (think attunement) or general changes without a specific aspect (sitting with the spirit’s energies).

Petition or pact… Depends on the work. Most don’t need a pact, but think they do. Having done both, pacts are as much about holding the magician accountable as they are the entity. One is more for personal, longer-term interactions/relationships (pact).

Petitions are mainly for requests that a specific spirit (or several). They can be long or short, fancy or plain. They can be long-term or near.

I have to go, so maybe others will fill in other details.

3 Likes