Why did Lucifer and 1/3 of the angels “rebel” against YHWH

Okay so, I’ve come to the conclusion that YHWH is essentially the demiurge. For lack of better terms. I’ve also come to realize that Lucifer is a pretty stand up guy. Which is probably why the Freemasons idolize him along with King Solomon. I’ve also realized Jesus is also a very awesome person. Where I get confused is why did Lucifer initially rebel against YHWH.

It’s my understanding that Lucifer essentially realized that humans have the divine spark and are able to actually elevate to a new type of lifeform which to my interpretation is something like an Angel.

Also Angels are terrifying.

But everything I’m coming across is just basically restating the biblical stories of the fall and the cosmic battle. But what I’m trying to find out is what is the Psychology behind lucifers “rebellion” I think that essentially YHWH is not as truly powerful as the Bible and Christians make him out to be. I am starting to believe he is just one of many deities that have come to power. Clearly has an enourmous ego and is also based off biblical stories capable of Haneous crimes against humanity. Refer to the Bible.

So it seems to me like Lucifer is really the protagonist of human kind ?

2 Likes

I don’t believe Lucifer rebelled, or that he has any ties to Yahweh whatsoever

7 Likes

In some lore, it was because God demanded he bow down to Adam, and his pride and ego were too great so he refused, thus he was tossed out for disobeying (this is actually the story of Iblis in the Qu’ran, but sometimes it gets tacked onto Lucifer as well, as he is almost always referred to as the first among the angels and filled with pride).

In other lore, it was because he considered himself equal to, or surpassing, God, in his Perfection and sought the Throne of Heaven for himself. This story is where the idea of a war in Heaven comes from. He thought he should be worshipped instead of God, he gathered some like minded fellows to his side, and tried to usurp, but he lost.

So basically, the reason he rebelled was out of ego and pride. He thought he was better than the rest. Psychology would call it a god complex, it you’ll pardon the pun.

14 Likes

Yahweh is an archon. I think you may be referring to another sort of creator who Lucifer rebelled against. But I really don’t know much about that particular story.

1 Like

I’m referring to the bible

And he was right about that :smiley:

There’s a reason yhwh admits that other gods exists and then says to worship only him without explaining why he deserves that - most are better than him and he knows it. So he does what all narcissistic bullies do, he tries to undermine and slander his enemies, who are pretty much everybody.
As above so below.

9 Likes

In the Bible, the only reference to Lucifer falling from Heaven is Isaiah 14:12, but pretty much most, if not all, Biblical historians agree that the translation of “morning star” actually refers to the King of Babylon, not to any angel or god.

Historically, Lucifer has never existed as any sort of deity, or angel, but was instead the word was used to refer to the planet Venus in its aspect of being seen in the morning. It is only in the King James Bible where the name Lucifer become a proper name, and is seen as synonymous with the Satan.

If you want to get really technical, the Christian Fall from Heaven motif is ripped off from an earlier Canaanite myth where the god Attar tried to take the throne of Ba’al, but after failing to do so, then descended to occupy the underworld instead. There is also evidence of an earlier myth about a lesser god, Helel, trying to dethrone EL (who, coincidentally, is said to be the father of Yahweh).

However, if you are looking for the reason these lesser gods tried to take the throne of the main god, that reason is hubris. Whether you’re talking about Lucifer, or Attar, or Helel, it is the same thing, excessive pride and overconfidence leads to thinking they are somehow better than the one in charge.

11 Likes

Okay is anyone going to answer my question bc everything I’m seeing is just a bunch of bs

I literally explained that I’m not trying to here about lore or what the Bible says, I’m trying to understand why Lucifer felt the need to challenge YHWH. Anything that’s isn’t answering my question need not be said in this chat.

Dude, I just told you the reason. Hubris. Lucifer thought he was better than YHWH and deserved worship.

7 Likes

This :point_up_2:

And this.
Darkest explained with much more details than needed, and answered your question , together with historical additional info.
What else are you asking for @YungSno ? Lol
Lucifer felt and believed he was powerful enough to stop serving the God and be a god himself. This attempt wasn’t successful , but this doesn’t mean he has enormous amounts of power up there
Edit: Man, @DarkestKnight you are an encyclopedia with legs lol

4 Likes

what you’re asking is lore and what the bible says because outside of that would be asking for facts in which no one can give you lol.

2 Likes

Hail @DarkestKnight
Hail Lucifer

3 Likes

No I asked for peoples opinions and original thoughts on the matter actually. If your telling me people in this forum can not have an original thought then I may as well delete my account.

I asked for the psychology behind it. I’m asking why do we think Lucifer felt this way, why do you think Lucifer felt he was equal to god who is supposedly omnipotent alpha and omega all that is was and ever shall be

I am not trying to be rude I thought I made it clear what I was asking. All of these answers are just experts from the Bible or Christian mythology. I’m asking for peoples own interpretations of why, and elaborate explanations of what they think led to this.

I appreciate your response but pride doesn’t exactly answer my question. That’s a generic and standard answer. I want to know why Lucifer felt that YHWH was his equal or less. And your thoughts on it. Do you agree do you think Lucifer is equal to YHWH? How did this even come to be a thought to him in the first place. What is YHWH lacking that gave Lucifer the incentive to feel he could do a better job, or is it based off raw power? These are the questions I’m looking for answer too. I’m well versed on the stories and the basic answers.

1 Like

For a person to have a opinion on it they would need to study it, because if you’re going by original thought you wouldn’t exactly get one because many do not believe Lucifer to have any real ties to the christian God because of it being an egregore of the Israelite/Canaanite God Yahweh.

2 Likes

What would lead people to think they are better than someone else? No one can really answer that question because no one can see into another’s mind, and the reasons for such belief are as varied as the people that have them. For example, some people think they are better because they were born into money, or are smarter, or stronger, or more talented. Hell, some people even think they are better than others for no other reason than the simple colour of their flesh covering.

Lucifer was among the first angels to be created, according to that particular myth, and thus he considered himself more perfect and “divine” than the rest, a god in his own right. And once you start thinking you are a god, it’s only a small step to thinking that you should be the god and demand worship.

You have to remember that this is a myth of monotheism, meaning that in this setting there is only one god, and Lucifer thought his divine status made him equal to Yahweh, so that one god should be him due to what he believed was his own perfection.

Lucifer simply though he was created superior to Yahweh, and he didn’t like how Yahweh was running things, what with creating talking monkeys and all that so he wanted to take over.

5 Likes

Noone can be in the mind of Yahweh or Lucifer to know such feelings and thoughts that were taking place back then but my personal opinion based on psychology terms, meets a very simple reason even we the humans would react like this.
Jealousness. Superior attitude. Over confidence.
Lucifer inside his own beliefs of capabilities and power , had this character in contradiction with the rest of the angels, to feel And believe he didn’t deserve this place Of serving the God but Becoming a God.