Why curse someone?

Earlier this evening I found myself in a position of absolutely wishing someone in my life could learn a lesson and never mess with me again. Basically it was a case of this person taking utter advantage of my generosity and constantly demanding way more than a person should quite reasonably expect, and all that without a please or thank you. The point is in that moment I completely wished I could make her learn, make her life a living pile of the crap she already says it is now, and hopefully then she would learn to treat people with a little respect and back off for a while.

But in the next moment I found myself thinking of this from another angle and that’s what I wish to ask about on here. Of course if I DID curse her, she wouldn’t learn the lesson I wanted to teach her anyway. It wouldn’t change the behavior, only change her life for the worse. I suppose I just don’t yet understand what cursing is really good for, what it actually solves. I would be curious to hear some of your opinions on the practicality of curses. I’m not at all discounting the idea that I may just be missing something in my understanding here.

In my particular case I am not going to curse her or anything. It occurred to me as I calmed down and though that this may be the job for a binding spell.

Well some people just have to learn the hard way. Iv cursed people only because they disrespected me and I had the same outlook as you do, at first. But I had to move past it, because if you think about even in a religious/mythology perspective, the “God(s)” may be loving but, theyll make sure their will is done.

What im saying is, there is a reason that glorious evil was aroused within you.

See, here is what I find amusing…

In the right hand path, a curse would be ‘against divine will’…yet, if we puny mortals are in fact able to throw the curse in the first place, then ultimately, a curse is in accordance with the natural order of things; logically, if it were not, a curse effecting this person could not happen in the first place, as Universal disharmony is impossible; all things being pre-ordained.

Thus, the magician who throws the curse, is in-fact acting as an emissary of the divine will, because if everything that happens is so because God has willed it, then ultimately in acting, you are simply carrying out the will of the Universe, performing some function of balance that needs to be carried out.

Perhaps you don’t see it that way; yet, if all things are as they should be, then you in-fact are simply performing in accordance with what is meant to be.

Thus, the Right Hand Path, AND the Left Hand Path…are an illusion.

There is only your path…so…what is it?

Damn Logic & Rhetoric…makes too much sense.

[quote=“Gnosis, post:3, topic:4748”]See, here is what I find amusing…

In the right hand path, a curse would be ‘against divine will’…[/quote]

In my experience, people who self-identify as RHP or as servants of some higher power are quicker to throw curses than anyone, as they think they’re the guardians of righteousness, there to personally stamp out “evil” and that type will frequently curse people simply for being wrong on the internet - after all, wrong in their eyes must be wrong in the eyes of the Divine Order etc…!

Same as the witch-hunts and jihadis, same as the Milgram & Stanford Prison experiments - when people think they have sanction from above, they will behave in despicable ways they would otherwise find shocking themselves.

IMO the only reason to curse someone that holds up is because you really want to - we all get angry with people in our lives sometimes, but usually common sense or competing values kick in and hold us back, just like we don’t go round punching people who annoy us on the street.

Trying to set a kind of basic standard for who deserves it and who doesn’t is virtually impossible.

[quote=“Lady Eva, post:4, topic:4748”][quote=“Gnosis, post:3, topic:4748”]See, here is what I find amusing…

In the right hand path, a curse would be ‘against divine will’…[/quote]

In my experience, people who self-identify as RHP or as servants of some higher power are quicker to throw curses than anyone, as they think they’re the guardians of righteousness, there to personally stamp out “evil” and that type will frequently curse people simply for being wrong on the internet - after all, wrong in their eyes must be wrong in the eyes of the Divine Order etc…!

Same as the witch-hunts and jihadis, same as the Milgram & Stanford Prison experiments - when people think they have sanction from above, they will behave in despicable ways they would otherwise find shocking themselves.

IMO the only reason to curse someone that holds up is because you really want to - we all get angry with people in our lives sometimes, but usually common sense or competing values kick in and hold us back, just like we don’t go round punching people who annoy is un the street.

Trying to set a kind of basic standard for who deserves it and who doesn’t is virtually impossible.[/quote]

Oh I totally agree, which is what brings me back to my point.

Generally, the more psychotic or unstable the person, one prone to violence, will simply self-implode; ultimately deteriorating in one respect or another, simply via there own inflated ego & actions…things ‘catch up’ to them, so to speak.

Why would it be any different for a psychotic magician? If this person simply goes around cursing people, for fun, this activity is bound to cause backlash.

Therefore: Ultimately, the Universe finds harmony, one way or another.

I’m not trying to be a preacher of ‘karma’, because I’m far from it, however I recognize the inevitable Law of cause & effect.

These are just my thoughts. So, take them or leave them. This is where I sit in the matter. BALG is a movement that is one of self empowerment through the manipulation and employment of spiritual forces. Koetting describes these as being like forces of nature. Gravity, Tidal forces, erosion, landslides…etc are natural forces. By exercising our supernatural abilities, we experience growth. Placing affective curses is a part of magical growth, and why would anyone want to curse their friends? Watching my enemy flounder after I’ve cursed them gives me joy, to be quite honest. It encourages me to know that I’ve accomplished affective change. This is especially true of people who are in positions of power who don’t belong there. Watching them topple over after a ritual is empowering. It takes time, much like erosion, but it’s worth the wait. This is especially true when the person is a bully. You don’t see what cursing accomplishes? When you watch it manifest, you will seal your relationship with the spirit who carried it out. It will form an indelible bond between the two of you, and you will grow in your strength.

I’m not into curses myself, and I don’t think I will use it in my work either. Not intentionally and not by my own hands, anyway. But sometimes others have done the vindication for me - like my two ladies in my life - and it had a scary outcome. For things to occur physically, it took some time to build up to the point were it manifested.

But when coming to conclusions of the events, they were just not protecting me, but also my family. Domestic violence is messy and they would not hesitate to use these kind of protection again.

WHY CURSE SOMEONE?

This is a good question, especially if you are coming from the RHP or your morals are starting to grab you by the throat!!

Personally (E.A.Koetting aside for a moment), I think we are truly living Gods because we have the ability to use power and take control…….But what is power?

I think it starts with learning good knowledge about who we really are and what is truly around us. Our environment, other people and the universal workings in general are all relevant education for the scholar of life ala……The Magician.

Then off course, we exercise this knowledge by putting it into operation for without this last piece of the jigsaw then power cannot be raised. Power is therefore about putting good “complete & up-to-date” information into operation. Every powerful person I’ve met knows how to act, they don’t sit about moaning or watching television when theres things to be done………’O no’; they get off their backside and do whatever it takes!!

You may be saying, ‘yes this all sounds so pretty and nice’ but what the hell has this got to do with cursing? …………I’m getting there, give me a chance lol.

I think we all need to know that we are superior beings of the highest order because we have ‘power’ and knowledge of the universe. This universe of ours as you will see is very balanced and ordered in its structure and I think as practising magicians, we must also emulate this harmony to fall into alignment with it.

When I think of the raw aspects of cursing I think of the good old ‘Golden Rule’ for this concept of balance is outlined in many cultures, not just satanic thought. We must therefore always show respect for ourselves first and foremost for we are Gods, and also our fellow man for when we recognise our superiority in ourselves, we must also respect everyone and everything around us.

This is our philosophical foundation so to continue respecting yourselves, we follow this golden rule but we must not disrespect ourselves by being nice to others who don’t return this respect. This is where the imbalance comes in. Whenever we try to be nice to others that disrespect us we are certainly disrespecting ourselves and this is not ‘Godlike’ for we are acting and living as a superior force remember.

We must therefore exercise the universal balance and not insult ourselves in these situations; we therefore return the evil we didn’t ask for back to its natural source.

A good curse however may not always appear to show any signs of disruption in the life of the victim. A well thrown curse will always rectify the balance by purging you of all the anger and conflict in your own mind, for if this is still apparent after the curse then you truly haven’t cast the ‘crap’ out of yourself.

A good curse will wash away the negativity sent to you and act as great therapy in bringing you back into universal alignment. Once this has been achieved then you can be assured that the one who sent the evil will have to deal with it for this is how energy works, it must go back to its original source whenever we as victims decide the time has come to send it back. Some however are a glutton for punishment and cling to it for ages, suffering and trying to come to terms with it all.

So as you can see, cursing is just a natural part of our Godlike nature. I know religion and those ‘goody goody wankers’ will try and paint a different picture but belief me, cursing is not just about harming others, its about showing some respect for yourself and purging your mind and soul of the evil you don’t deserve. This is a good thing and is in total harmony with the universal laws.

I think it helps to be clear on what you want - and no, I don’t mean to boff Miley Cyrus while wearing a fursuit (because one’s subconscious does throw out some amusing answers to that question when it’s asked with no context, to which it helps to have a sense of humour) - I mean, is the curse designed as retribution that makes the person pay back what they did wrong, is it to bind them from committing similar offences, to make them suffer more than they’ve made you suffer, or do you really just want them gone from your life?

Getting clear on where your values lie, and what outcome is in line with your personal conscience and ethics, is important - the transfer of personal morality to a higher power (as I mentioned in the examples above) seems to kind of sideline that and makes people feel less troubled by actions they wouldn’t otherwise have committed, which IMO is why white-lighters are so curse-happy, but if you’re trying to operate as the “god of your own reality” then you don’t really have that get-out clause.

So it’s worth examining your own ethics and discovering what you really believe and what’s redundant programming from a society that’s evolved haphazardly to serve the greatest number of people, but which might not be serving you very well.

I did a kind of “moral inventory” a while ago as I was beginning to immerse myself in LHP philosophy and as part of it, I rooted out everything I could where my actions had been out of integrity or against my own ethics. In some cases I found I did have redundant programming holding me back, and could actually clear the slate of some things where I’d been carrying a nagging feeling of guilt - and, in other cases, I’d just acted in shitty ways from expediency.

I think 90% of anything, not just magick, is to get your head straight, not to become a perfected person - no such thing - but to know what your strengths and weaknesses are (they’re usually the same thing, but that’s another topic) and what makes you tick, or ticks you off.

Doing it non-judgementally by abandoning all the “shoulds” you may have been given by parents, teachers, politicians and preachers etc., and with a sense of humour and self-compassion, makes it less scary to dig pretty deep and encounter your own peculiarities.

Some spirits are also pretty good at helping you dig that stuff out, and again the possibility that your strengths and weaknesses are part of the same personality drives but showing different aspects was something I learned that way, which is useful because it stops you judging yourself and leads to a state of near-complete self-acceptance, which is immensely powerful (time to break out a rousing chorus of “I Am What I Am”…).

Sorry to ramble but I think the internal stuff is vital when you do anything heavy, especially cursing, but actually even healing can backfire in some ways if it’s not coming from a place of clarity, alignment, and unsullied desire for the outcome.

IMHO, this sounds more like a case of needing to rid your life of a toxic relationship, and less like a need to curse. I’ve seen sooo many people wallow in self pity, rather than do something to change things. The need for pity becomes comfortable, and the desire for it grows and consumes. This seems to be where your “friend” is. Have you told her what you’ve told us? I agree with you that in this case, a curse isn’t appropriate (my opinion, of course), but a good ass ripping wherein you let her know, with no holds barred, that she’s overreached, may be more useful. Or not. Some people are just takers, and need to be removed from your life.

IMO, a curse is reserved for times when someone has done something with “malice aforethought”. Something done to you without provocation deserves to be dealt with in a severe manner. If her life is a pile of shit, and you make it more so, it will only validate her world view. Instead of growing up and taking control of her life, she will simply continue to rely on others for what she should provide herself. As for you, I would ask myself, “why am I allowing this person to be a part of my life?”