Why are there 72 demons in the Goetia?

Why this number? (and the reference please)

1 Like

Hi,
This is an international forum and the chosen language is English. Don’t make threads in any other language, there is no point in doing so. I could post in Dutch and some members from the Netherlands, Belgium, Suriname and a couple of other places could read it and respond, but the majority couldn’t.

As for your question: It’s not that hard to figure out by just thinking about it :grinning:

2 Likes

tell me where to start this reflection please?

72… we find this number everywhere

Could have something to do with the 72 letter name of God or something.

3 Likes

there is a serious raison to that but i dont find… for the moment
that is mathematic or something last that, i am searching…

1 Like

36 decans… x2?

2 Likes

In your mind. Read and think.
Things like this have the most meaning when you figure them out for yourself (and don’t throw it online)
:wink:

half of the things then that are published on this forum should stay in the brain of their author. Abracadabra I will bring up all the questions my brain needs. Abracadabra I’m going to do away with all the needs that my brain thinks I need, so I would have solved the problem with this question.

1 Like

I don’t understand, sorry. Peace to you.

1 Like

yeah

It’s a very versatile number and crops up in a lot of biblical symbolism simply by it’s nature. A bit like Pi and the golden mean, it has interesting mathematical properties that cause it to do that naturally.

Coded within the number is a wealth of information.
7 + 2 = 9, 7 is a magical number, 9 is a magical number, 3x3 = 9, 3 is magical, 33 is the mater healer number in numerology, it represents apotheosis and so there’s 33 degrees in masonry

It’s also called “sixty-twelve” 60 + 12 and there a ton of symbolism in those numbers and more correspondences when you break them down. The Gematria translations for this one are fun.

You can do that with 8x9 as well of course, and the other combinations of factors

It’s also the number (although an approximation) that gives the number of years an investment will take to double (called the rule of 72)

More symbolism:

3 Likes

It is indicative of the 72 letter name of god and the more magnetic balance to the dynamic and electric forms of the 72 angels of the Shemhamphorash. Each letter has its powers and properties of association and these are manifested as mantles worn by the spirits involved or wielded by those that know how to call and command the name properly.

3 Likes

@Savoseta please keep replies courteous, if you think a response to your topic broke a rule just flag it using the three dots … at the bottom of the post and then the flag icon, and ignore it after that.

2 Likes

Allright will do so. Thank you.

1 Like

Thank you so much, i’ll check it out. the numbers are a real language for learn a lot i think

I have to laugh at how insidious xtian culture has been, that people can say “the 72 names of god” and nobody asks “which one?”. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

72 angel and 72 demons total : 144 so 1+4+4 : 9

If you want to bring numerology into it. I prefer to avoid most of it myself as it is largely overblown in my opinion with arbitrary meanings and associations largely dependent on personal preference.

They are balances to each other so their total sum wouldn’t be counted no more than if you say you have the value of a 144 coins if you only have 72. I believe that would be the logic at play.

1 Like

for Tesla was obseded by the numbers 3.6,9