Who is Responsible for Defining Your Craft?

Zoe, I have noticed some of these books that they keep giving you titles to read…you will have to win the lottery to pay for all these heavy priced books…there are no longer any copies left out there except from collectors…But I have them all except Mark Alan Smiths Belial…I missed that one as I changed my e mail and missed out on the announcement. But since I am a such a nice, friendly, joyful, and sane person, I will invite you to visit me on your vacation and you can sit in my rocker and read them all…smile.

Uncle Fester

Maxx

My dear & faithful MAXX, you are so good to me… North Dakota you say? I’ll drop you a line if I’m ever up that way. You can buy me dinner and I will pick that crafty brain of yours. Then maybe borrow that rocker and watch the white wolves play while I read… :wink: Z

OF couse, dinner above the skyline overlooking the bay, some call it spirit lake, but the other side of the sign says Devils Lake…(I kid you not). And it will only take under 10 seconds to scan my brain…and the deer wander through the streets of the town as if they own the place in the winter…rocker is great…I installed a 5 horsepower motor so I would not have to put any effort into it.

Maxx

I was going to respond to this and say “ME, I define my craft!” then I saw this post. lol

Some of the authors who’ve inspired me in my work have been Peter Gray of Scarlet Imprint, Jack Parsons, Aleister Crowley, Ulysses Grant, Andrew Chumbley, Ophiel (his astral projection book is cheap, practical, and still relevant 30+ years later), Sorcerress Cagliastro.

I was grew up in a family of brush arbor Pentecostals (descendants of the Snake Handlers) and although I have some serious hate toward those organizations for personal reasons, I have to say that being forced to sit still, see people praying themselves to an ecstatic trance over and over state, and all the other craziness there taught me some things that are very useful in magic. :wink:

Thank you,RidgeRunner … and “ME!- I define my craft” is indeed the only answer worthy of a goddess… :wink: Z

Cheezus defines my craft. or… something like that.

[quote=“Cheezus, post:26, topic:99”]Cheezus defines my craft. or… something like that.[/quote] Yeah I think anyone who is going to walk the path of godhood is going to be making their own rules for on this path you have no one to answer to but yourself and no one to guide you save your own experience and intuition. That said I’d like to remark on the above post as when I read it I immediately thought. “Cheezus take the wheel” lol some of my coworkers were on the topic of christianity last night and got that song stuck in my head and that post led to a thought that helped me laugh off that minor annoyance. No disrespect to Cheezus mind you but I thought it was a good one. :slight_smile:

XD i’m good for a giggle…

Good grief I forgot to even say EA, but figured since I’m here that kind of goes without saying. :wink: I only have Questing After Visions, Evoking Eternity, Ipsissimus, and The Book of Azazel, but they’ve been quite helpful.

[quote=“Maxx, post:21, topic:99”].But I have them all except Mark Alan Smiths Belial…I missed that one as I changed my e mail and missed out on the announcement.
Uncle Fester

Maxx[/quote]

Maxx, have you worked with the books of Smith already? If yes, what are your findings?
P.S. I have the book of Belial hehehehe :-p :-p

Yes, I have the first two…and I found it helped develop a stronger working connection with Lilith

Maxx

um - in chronological order of influence I’d have to say, as far as teachers who I consider to really really know what they’re talking about, from whom I’ve learned a great deal, are:

-Bruce Kumar Frantzis
-Philip Kapleau Roshi
-Sifu Robin Jones (ended up not knowing as much as he made it sound, still quite knowledgeable though)
-Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming
-Carlos Castaneda
-Robert Bruce
-Franz Bardon
-EA Koetting

… and then, not so much technique or practice, but more so occult history and theory is, of course, Zecharia Sitchin.

What a great thread Zoe :slight_smile: Looks like I have some new reading material :smiley: hehe

Yeah DKM I agree! This thread has really offered up a bounty of resources - and enuf different flavors for everyone! Thanks to everybody who has already offered books, teachers & traditions… still, we DO expect to hear from a few more of you!

Come on, now, don’t be shy! :wink: Z