Who is Responsible for Defining Your Craft?

Where do you draw definitions from; what persons and/or ideals define how -YOU- define your Craft?

NOTE: When I came back later and re-read my question, it was woefully unclear. Perhaps this wording makes better sense…or not!

Huh. 2 days later & no comments. Not quite sure what to make of that…

Oh Well.

I really would have to spend time to define where I came from to begin with to have my answer make any sense…and then explain how I got to this present place I am in…and all that would take me more time than I want to spend putting that down on the keyboard… and besides that, I am really a private person…and do not want to throw all that info out there. LOL. My entire life has been one strange trip. It could be written up and passed as fiction…LOL.

Maxx

Thanx, Maxx, for the answer. Actually didn’t realize the question went that deep … I meant to gather a list of authors, cultures, famous figures, etc. so as to broaden my understanding (AND new avenues to explore myself) of the “dark arts”. I’ve been seriously dedicated to - and actively learning/practicing Magick for only about 16 years, and the Left Hand Path is the one I know the least about. Only been working with it for about a year. But the LAST thing I wish to do is invade privacy, so offer what you will freely:wink: Z

Ok…I did not understand that is what you meant…sorry. Keyboard conversations always take on their own life…

Maxx

So true; so so true. :wink: Z

I’m still defining it after 20+ years. ; )
Actually a couple of mentors and my favorite authors which include Kenneth Grant, Thomas Karlsson, Donald Tyson, Carlos Castaneda and of course Mr. Koetting. I would like to thank the Catholic Church for setting me on my dark path. Ha Ha!

[quote=“Azesiel, post:7, topic:99”]I’m still defining it after 20+ years. ; )
Actually a couple of mentors and my favorite authors which include Kenneth Grant, Thomas Karlsson, Donald Tyson, Carlos Castaneda and of course Mr. Koetting. I would like to thank the Catholic Church for setting me on my dark path. Ha Ha![/quote]

Hi Azesial! Thanks for the input … Castenada & Koetting we already have in common. The other 3 I’ll check out 'n see if any of them grabs me. As for the church thing, mine is courtesy of the southern baptist church - and a few jerks! :wink: Z

Start with Qabalah, Qliphoth and Goetic Magic from Karlsson, Nightside of Eden or Hecate’s Fountain by Grant and Liber Lillith by Tyson (which is a masterpiece) in my mind. Thes are my favorites from these authors.

Again Azesial, Thank You! I believe I’ll start with “Liber Lillith” … I’ve always felt quite a pull toward that Being! I worked for a few months with Qabalah & the Tree; didn’t much care for that. But “Nightside of Eden” and “Hecate’s Fountain” are officially on my ‘to read’ list. (Me 'n Hecate are familiar with each other.) :wink: Z

Magician of the Northern Tradition … Hellweg after Karlsson and the nine worlds

Magician of the Western Mysteries

Alchemy : practial work with plants and Inner Tradition: Lead to Gold

Hey Zoe — sure love Hecate… Path 31 and her other name is Hell

Do you know the book “Queen of Hell” from The Witchcraft Trident by Mark Allan Smith?

[quote=“Joy, post:11, topic:99”]Magician of the Northern Tradition … Hellweg after Karlsson and the nine worlds

Magician of the Western Mysteries

Alchemy : practial work with plants and Inner Tradition: Lead to Gold

Hey Zoe — sure love Hecate… Path 31 and her other name is Hell[/quote]

Indeed, Joy! And she CAN be, when you call on her Power in your defense … yes indeed, the dark Crone is alive & well! :wink: Z

Bran, great recommendation. I have this one also. Should have included it. Great book. Just got Scorpion God (by Mark Allan Smith), but haven’t finished it.

Do you know the book “Queen of Hell” from The Witchcraft Trident by Mark Allan Smith?[/quote]

Nooo, BRAN,but I’ll add it to my list. You guys always come thru for me - THANX :wink: Z

Do you know the book “Queen of Hell” from The Witchcraft Trident by Mark Allan Smith?[/quote]

Nooo, BRAN,but I’ll add it to my list. You guys always come thru for me - THANX :wink: Z[/quote]

I hope you can get your hands on it, because these books also were printed in a limited number (999)

Also, if you can find one, you should consider to get all the books of the Witchcraft Trident because they really belong together (so I feel it)

The titles are:

Queen of Hell
The Red King - Gnosis of Lucifer
The Scorpion God - Forbidden knowledge of Belial

Probably you can already see the connection between the three.

I’ve seen that these can be found second-hand on eBay, but the prices are really high then.

Maybe you can check with the writer himself

Mark Smith: [email protected]

Happy hunting :wink:

Bran, great recommendation. I have this one also. Should have included it. Great book. Just got Scorpion God (by Mark Allan Smith), but haven’t finished it.[/quote]

Indeed, the books are great; although I wouldn’t recommend them to everyone because the writer clearly directs his books to an already experienced practitioner of the Craft.

Agree. Definitely not beginner material and not cheap.
I hope to get the Red King some day to complete my set.

I live by the Pirate Code, you know:

“They’re really more like guidelines anyway.” :wink:

(Alas, that is, insofar that is possible in this suffocating Matrix of a society when you’re a parent and you still have to lead a semi-social lifestyle to teach your kids how to get around in this world.)

Oh Yeah, KYRA, most definitely! I feel strongly that we are to always defer to our own Inner Wisdom that is specific to Us individually. Anything I read or study is done from the position “I will pay close attention to what ‘resonates’ with Me and My own plan for where I want to go next…”