Who else wants to stop this human robot crap from becoming a reality?

I am going to be putting an effort into stopping this. We are becoming so weak and scared of human interaction that we need robots that look and act like humans. What are some world issues you are making a magickal effort to change?

You could always learn to control the elements, i heard water and lightning are a good combo versus robots.

Robots are a tool, rather then trying to derail technological progress you should try to focus on making sure they arent misused instead.

Are we? I don’t see much evidence of that, a few fringe people might want a robot sex toy or something, but I doubt it’ll ever catch on.

The world has a real problem of very little money and very little interest in nursing, and caring for the elderly, especially those with dementia whose behaviour is chalenging to a human care worker (especially an underpaid one who’s travelled from another country, and feels no connection to the work aside from the pay packet).

This can be remedied for the benefit of everyone by creating human-like robots able to cope tirelessly and with gentle and appropriate care, and in time, robots will be able to live in with elderly or disabled people and care for them in their own homes, taking the current strain off the “pooled resources” model of healthcare, whether state or privately run, which relies on large numbers of people paying small amounts, so that small numbers of people can claim large payments for treatments and care.

This is no more absurd than the smartphones most people use these days, would have been in 1988!

Same thing with mental health care, the people who most need it often can’t afford it, but robotic AI therapists and other providers would slash costs, and open up access in the same way Wikipedia has done for people who could never have affoirded a regularly-updated set of encyclopedias.

So I think it’s a good thing myself, I’m all for it.

What are some world issues you are making a magickal effort to change?

Lots of threads about this elsewhere on here, here’s a list: http://becomealivinggod.com/forum/general-discussion/magic-to-impact-world-issues/msg69145/#msg69145

But what if said robots replace your Job?

What if cro-magnons kill neandethals? You need to find a way to change with the times rather then trying to stop things from evolving.

It’s an inevitability in my opinion.

By and large, most advances in robots are made out of necessity. The creepy robots that come out of Japan are a response to a plummeting younger population, leaving a gap of who will take care of their elderly. Additionally, the younger generations cannot afford basic necessities on lower wages, so you see advancements in robotic receptionists. Those are your human-looking robots (although, I did see a robot that had a teddy bear face that was used to transport patients.)

The US is researching military applications, and Germany is looking at manufacturing. I think that covers the big three countries.

I, for one, welcome any robot overlords we have, since I will have the skills to be their god. Bwahaha! >:)

Jobs get replaced all the time, and it’s usually the jobs no-one wants to do which go first - scrubbing heavy washing in a tub, that’s something we’ve almost all handed over to machines, propelling boats, digging tunnels, harvesting crops, delivering telegrams, sweeping chimneys… it’s the way of the world.

Sooner or later people will wake up and realise the economic system is broken, no longer “fit for purpose,” and that when we have machines and other technologies to perform most of the tasks of survival, there needs to be a new way of deciding who becomes rich, and who starves - probably won’t happen in my lifetime, but it’s farcical that a footballer is paid in the millions, while a hospice nurse struggles to pay the rent and have adequate heating in winter.

The whole fucking thing is a joke, it’s birthed by dysfunctional modern values overlaid on a pre-industrial agricultural model that lauds hard work as “moral” and “noble,” but really only exists to funnel money upwards to a small elite group of landowners, in the form of rents paid by tenant farmers in the past, and now taxes, fees for professional accreditation & certifications, college fees, and so on.

I don’t know. Robots are looking more and more fun to me. Soon you’ll be able to drop the succubus fantasy and simply tell your robot to give you a blow job.

! No longer available

Better yet, invoke the succubus into the robot! :smiley:

We’re on the same page. I swear I thought the exact same thing. My fear is what if it suddenly decided it would be fun to clamp down and bite me! :0 The video also inspired me with a potentially new idea for a future short story, novel or novella set in the near future where lifelike robots are trained in ritual magick and invoke some sort of extremely powerful AI demon that humans don’t have the capability to evoke. They have some sort of “informational” portal access ability the human mind doesn’t. No one steal that idea, please. :smiley:

We’re on the same page. I swear I thought the exact same thing. My fear is what if it suddenly decided it would be fun to clamp down and bite me! :0 The video also inspired me with a potentially new idea for a future short story, novel or novella set in the near future where lifelike robots are trained in ritual magick and invoke some sort of extremely powerful AI demon that humans don’t have the capability to evoke. They have some sort of “informational” portal access ability the human mind doesn’t. No one steal that idea, please. :D[/quote]

They evoked my buddy. Wait does that mean I’m a robot?

“Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex.” a japanese anime, but a cool serious one.

Most here have no idea what you’re saying or asking so please be more specific if you’d like a response.

Most here have no idea what you’re saying or asking so please be more specific if you’d like a response.[/quote]

It was a joke because some of the spirits I work with seem kind of robotlike.

Most here have no idea what you’re saying or asking so please be more specific if you’d like a response.[/quote]

It was a joke because some of the spirits I work with seem kind of robotlike.[/quote]

Yeah, some of the human ones definitely fall dead center of the uncanny valley. Gives me chills.