Who doesn't use incense, candles or tools to summon/communicate Goetic spirits and why?

I always thought summoning is like traditional Alladin with the Genie appearing in the smoke.

1 Like

My wife is asthmatic, allergic and/or sensitive to just about all scents especially the products of combustion. I put my foot down for frankincense essential oil, and occasionally use a tea light diffuser. Burning incense and billowing smoke … that is pure insanity for asthmatics. I summon through ritual oration, action, mindset and mediation alone. Reaching a certain gnosis using sigils is all I need. Have seen amazing things. Most of the time, my room is well lit. When engaged in a particular working and needing stronger manifestation, the ritual occurs in pitch black darkness.

8 Likes

That’s cool. You use a “tea light diffuser”? Do they give off a vapour?

1 Like

I don’t use any tools when I’m in the mountains. Maybe a pocket knife to direct energy and a circle of stones. I just use oration and will.

6 Likes

Yeah it is just a little candle holder with a dish on top. It boils the incense to release vapor. Less deadly and toxic than burning stuff.

1 Like

Sounds cool. I’m gonna look into that.

Spirits love incense though.

3 Likes

Ah, well the frankincense is for me, and my mood. The spirits can deal just fine. They don’t have functioning noses, so it is all just symbolic. The smoke is a manifestation base, and it has no place in my temple, due to health concerns. I can give blood, fresh cut flowers, and whatever offering, but the diffuser and incense is for me.

Btw: I use frankincense tears, not manufactured chemical concoctions.

6 Likes

That sounds wonderful.

3 Likes

I can’t always use candles because I have to hide…my beliefs not only that are not accepted by the ex that I still live with in the same house but he might be able to acuse me of…insanity or something when he started taking pictures of my shit I started to hide everything. So I developed my skills in energy work directing energy astral travel and so on that doesn’t require candles and incense. I can evoke now a demon without anything really maybe just the sigil. However I noticed when I use candles the power of the spell is much more strong, maybe because it helps focus better I don’t know…

6 Likes

Nature spirits, I can sense and talk to with no to little effort. Spirits of other planes, I need some medium, a sigil or crystal at the least. For me it depends on what type of spirit and if they want to be seen/heard.

3 Likes

[quote=“Sabina, post:9, topic:12101, full:true”]
I can’t always use candles because I have to hide…my beliefs not only that are not accepted by the ex that I still live with in the same house but he might be able to acuse me of…insanity or something when he started taking pictures of my shit I started to hide everything. [/quote]

You live with a hostile ex?

I’ve evoked a spirit in a doctor’s office while waiting on the doctor. No tools, just me.

It was strong enough that the doctor stopped at the door, looked confused, and shivered before he walked into the room.

5 Likes

But when you were a newbie ie in Goetic evocation, you used incense then as a base for form to manifest

1 Like

Grrr. Ignore this post. Thought I edited it, but I was wrong.

Who are you asking, @Zenifon?

You Valkarath.

No, I’ve never used incense. I have a sensitive smoke alarm and my girlfriend has athsma, so I don’t use incense.

The only manifestation base I’ve tried is darkness. Pure darkness seems to help me with my clairvoyant practices while some light that casts shadows, especially in a corner, seems to work the best for a manifestation base.

5 Likes

I don’t use any tools, smoke, or sigils. I have always been able to clearly observe the other side of the Veil, and I wind up just talking to non-corporeals just like i would talk to corporeals. Never really saw the need for tools, though i appreciate their beauty and function for others

6 Likes

@Anastasiya@Zenifon

And I haven’t been able to see them that way, other than a brief glimpse here or there. Gotta admit, I’m a little jealous, Stasiya. :wink:

But I can still communicate with the spirits.

The spirits themselves challenged me to let go of my need to see them, so I did. I hope I’ll open that sense up one day, but it’s ok if I don’t. It doesn’t make my magick or evocation any less effective.

We all have different senses opened and different ways of experiencing the forces we work with. And that’s perfectly fine. It’s important to honor what works for us.

1 Like

@valkarath

Trust your instincts. Even though I’ve always been able to see the other side doesn’t mean ivealways ACKNOWLEDGED that ability. I spent many years learning to trust my instincts and accept what my senses were feeding me.

Also, i use the word “see” very loosely. Its not sight, its more like a HUD overlay inside my head, if that makes sense. Ive known people that could feel faeries EVERYWHERE, but really couldnt “see” them. Everyone has their own interpretation of the experience :slight_smile: we are deeply visual creatures, and i commend you for choosing to step away from the visual and into the instinctual!

3 Likes