Who do you think is this on this cover of a magickal Black Metal Band?

We see a naked woman entangled by
snakes and beside her on the left and
the right are dragons with the kemetic (oldegyptian) crowns.

Who do you think is this?
The album for which this cover
was, was named “Capax infiniti”.

Could this be Babalon or Lilith?

1 Like

Yeah I thought Lilith too.

2 Likes

Lilith seems pretty accurate, could also be astaroth

1 Like

Why do you both think this is Lilith?

And what was Lilith’s name in old Egypt?
Hek, I guess, but am not sure.

I think it reffers to a deity or principle called Ardetha.
It is from the band Hetroertzen and their split album with the band Dodsengel.
Hetroertzen has a song on it called Ardetha so i think it reffers to that.

There’s a book called Ardeth: The made Vampire.
Maybe you find more info in that

3 Likes

Lol while writing this comment there falls at random stuff on the floor from a table in the back where nobody is on xD
a collegaue of mine (not involved in esoteric stuff) immedeatly says ‘evil spirits’ … xD

2 Likes

@anon95990194
You’re right, it’s Hetroertzen’s Capax infiniti.
“Ardetha” is a vampyric term a.f.a.i.k.
Never understood what they really mean.
What do you think is Ardetha more precisely?

1 Like

I personally came across the term only once or twice but never really studied it in depth so if it is an entity or something else, i’m not sure so it would be stupid to make a comment about it.

Here’s some more info on the principle and the book:

1 Like

This is good and all but I am gonna ask the real question here. Is the album worth a listen? :joy:

@johnbad

In my opinion only the Hetroertzen part.
Check it out on YouTube.
Blood for the Egregore is quiet great.

Hathor and Isis

1 Like

@Shani
Well, I suggested Isis, too, because of the kemetic parts in the picture. But I don’t know.

Btw the moment I stared at the artwork the name of Hecate came into my mind

1 Like

@johnbad
After Johan Lahger Hecate is Lilith.
He wrote in the Gullveigarbok about
them because Gullveig is Lilith, too.

Well I haven’t worked woth either of them, but as far as I know each spirit is its own. Hecate is Hecate and Lilith. It is possible that they are deeply connected and they may originate from the same source, but they have their own lore, aspects and personalities. But yeah I get your point.

Because of the chalice in the picture
I consider it’s Babalon…

Babalon is described in various places in the Thelemic texts, but her most edifying appearance is in The Vision and the Voice, as part of the vision which explains the function of the Chalice:

‘’ Let him look upon the cup whose blood is mingled therein, for the wine of the cup is the blood of the saints. Glory unto the Scarlet Woman, Babalon the Mother of Abominations, that rideth upon the Beast, for she hath spilt their blood in every corner of the earth and lo! she hath mingled it in the cup of her whoredom. ‘’

‘’ With the breath of her kisses hath she fermented it, and it hath become the wine of the Sacrament, the wine of the Sabbath; and in the Holy Assembly hath she poured it out for her worshipers, and they had become drunken thereon, so that face to face they beheld my Father. Thus are they made worthy to become partakers of the Mystery of this holy vessel, for the blood is the life. So sitteth she from age to age, and the righteous are never weary of her kisses, and by her murders and fornications she seduceth the world. Therein is manifested the glory of my Father, who is truth. ‘’