Which works better as a portal?

Which would work better as a portal? Fire, blood or a form of water, that is, in your opinion?

1 Like

Depends what it’s for, morning mist seemed to give Belial a chance to really get a foothold (hoofhold?) in the area where I’d been evoking him, fire creates a more rapid response but I didn;t find the portal stays after the fire goes out in the same way.

So your intent for the thing might affect which one to choose. A long-standing pool or lake that’s been used in the past as a spirit gateway would have a different feel to a fire made in a pot with alcohol, that gets put away once out of use.

4 Likes

The mind is a portal. The focus of all magick is the control and use of the subconscious mind. This is the link to the astral realms.

2 Likes

I used to do a combination of both, get a charcoal then pour over it alcohol, then a drop of your own blood the alcohol contains small amounts of water, so you then have a portal combination of water, blood and fire.

But I agree with cyberseeker the mind is a powerful portal but sometimes you need a external portal for different effects.

5 Likes

Thats weird, i use air for portals… I kinda didn’t even think about it, i just use the medium that’s easiest to move through on this plane

1 Like

I personally like fire as a portal; big ones in the woods work best for me, but most of what I do happens outside. Water, for me, is situational. Blood? I never actually used it alone for that purpose.

2 Likes

Skin works best.

2 Likes

Interesting. Daoloth may know more. Or better yet, yog sothoth.

2 Likes

A sigil with your blood on it :japanese_ogre:

1 Like

I second yog sothoth

1 Like

Whats a yog

1 Like

Yog-Sothoth. A Lovecraftian deity. One that presides over spaces in between. He is at the gate, knows the gate and is the gate and an intrical peice to the pantheon he’s in. Nothing occurs or passes through him without his knowledge and approval.

1 Like

He sounds like papa elegua

1 Like

Yeah, he does and they do have similarities but in this case yog sothoth embodies the gate itself, he IS the gate.

1 Like

What culture or spiritual path is he from

2 Likes

The Lovecraftian pantheon, necronomicon current

2 Likes

Dude just wanted to say i lpve the south park episodes with Chu in it idk how to spell his name sry

1 Like

It’s alright and it’s Cthulu

1 Like

There are many variations of his spelling Cthulhu, cthulu, and the pronunciations are even more varied. I’m.very snug in this current

1 Like

So hes real too just in another plane of existence wow theres alot you can learn from this site :sunglasses:

2 Likes